Photo
* * * * * 37 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
16971 replies to this topic

#181 barbarbar

barbarbar

BROKE ASS GAMER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:33 AM

I got a sealed copy of SMT Strange Journey. Willing to let it go for $21 shipped (paypal) if anyones interested.

EDIT -

And yeah it got the soundtrack CD included with it.

Edited by cupcakex1, 11 July 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#182 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:09 AM

I'd probably be interested. ^^

#183 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

They're selling that full Jake Hunter game for $10 at Anime Expo.

What is the address of this "Anime Expo" web site? When I google it all I can find are links to the Anime Expo convention. I'd really like to get a copy of this game...

#184 barbarbar

barbarbar

BROKE ASS GAMER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

I think when people are saying that got it at the Anime Expo, they mean they got it at the convention. It was going on recently.

#185 thirdrose

thirdrose

MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:24 AM

What is the address of this "Anime Expo" web site? When I google it all I can find are links to the Anime Expo convention. I'd really like to get a copy of this game...

I agree with cupcake. Judging by the date of that post, I'd say that that poster was referring to the convention (it took place from July 1-4), so you may unfortunately be out of luck.

#186 vherub

vherub

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

fragile dreams dropped to $40 on amazon

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B002E6XY6U/

#187 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

fragile dreams dropped to $40 on amazon

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B002E6XY6U/

I was hoping this one would drop further, faster. Ideally I'd like to pay $20 but I might bite when it hits $30. Guess I'll wait and see!
Posted Image

#188 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

I was hoping this one would drop further, faster. Ideally I'd like to pay $20 but I might bite when it hits $30. Guess I'll wait and see!

We can only dream.

#189 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:28 AM

We can only dream.

Carefully. Since they're fragile.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#190 rust in peace

rust in peace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:00 AM

For those who haven't bought the new Blazblue Europe is getting a CE of it. I ordered the Fans edition of it for the PS3 it totalled 105 after conversion but I figured it was worth it. Fan's edition is limited to 500 sets.

http://www.zenunited.bigcartel.com/

Fans edition
http://www.zenunited...ft-fans-edition

#191 mechachrome

mechachrome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:21 AM

I finally pulled the trigger on Battle Fantasia. I've been thinking about it for a while.

If nothing else, it's nice for the collection.
Posted Image

#192 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

For those who haven't bought the new Blazblue Europe is getting a CE of it. I ordered the Fans edition of it for the PS3 it totalled 105 after conversion but I figured it was worth it. Fan's edition is limited to 500 sets.

Fans edition

Looks like the Fans edition is sold out.

The chibi Noel is cute!
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#193 Chardyll

Chardyll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

Fans edition

I was set to jump on this when it was announced the other day but the 360 version is region locked, apparently. Plus I don't think you'd be able to use the Makoto DLC since it would be for Europe anyways, right?

#194 Killrig

Killrig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

This thread is the very reason why I buy games from these publishers when they're released. It's really hard to track some of them down months after release.

I think it's cool that you guys are helping each other out.
-- K-rig

#195 Nitemare25

Nitemare25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

La Pucelle: Tactics (used) is $7 at gamestop.com. It looks like its not too rare, but a pretty decent price for it compared to ebay and such. Looks like there's 3 in stock as of now.

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=33253

I should probably point out that the game is published by Mastiff Games, and not NIS America. But I thought since this game was developed by Nippon Ichi that this deal would find its audience in this thread. There was actually a thread about this game at gamestop.com already, but it was in the graveyard and I didn't know how to revive it. And it didn't seem like it was worth making a new thread over. Let me know if I did wrong.

#196 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

I'm thinking about picking up Super Robot Taisen for DS. Is it an RPG or fighter or both? I've watched gameplay vids & it's somewhat hard to tell.

#197 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:13 PM

I'm thinking about picking up Super Robot Taisen for DS. Is it an RPG or fighter or both? I've watched gameplay vids & it's somewhat hard to tell.

RPG, I thought it was pretty good. One of the few games I got and played right through it.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#198 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:15 PM

Weird that I own or have owned every single game on this list!
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#199 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

This thread is the very reason why I buy games from these publishers when they're released. It's really hard to track some of them down months after release.

I think it's cool that you guys are helping each other out.

I would've liked to do the same thing with some of the PS2 Magna Carta Softmax LE's in Korea.

Same with the previous big games on PC. Like "Rhapsody Of Zephyr" instead of the jewel case.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#200 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:45 AM

Noticed that Battle Fantasia is $5.99-$7.99 on Amazon (third party new). Is the game worth buying?

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#201 manasteel88

manasteel88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:47 AM

Noticed that Battle Fantasia is $5.99-$7.99 on Amazon (third party new). Is the game worth buying?

If you're looking for a niche fighter, this is it. You can obviously list many better games, but for 6 bucks its not a bad buy. Though if you have SF4 or any of the other big 2d fighters, this might not be worth it.

#202 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

"cool thread" bump

Posted ImagePosted Image

#203 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

This is coming on the heels of the gohastings.com 20% off deal going on right now, but since this is Atlus related, I figured I'd post it here.

Anyone that is looking to get a brand new copy of "Class of Heroes," which goes for at least over $40+ anywhere else, can snag it right now for $30 out the door (includes shipping cost) on the site. I just managed to pick up a copy and thought some Atlus fans would be interested in this "deal".

#204 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

This is coming on the heels of the gohastings.com 20% off deal going on right now, but since this is Atlus related, I figured I'd post it here.

Anyone that is looking to get a brand new copy of "Class of Heroes," which goes for at least over $40+ anywhere else, can snag it right now for $30 out the door (includes shipping cost) on the site. I just managed to pick up a copy and thought some Atlus fans would be interested in this "deal".

Actually, I have been waiting for a deal on Class of Heroes for a while now but $30 is still a bit high for me. Thanks anyway, though.

#205 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

Is it really that much? Wow. Kinda glad I pre-ordered it. I was super hyped about it, but after playing 80% of it, I kinda dropped it. It doesn't compare to Etrian Odyssey at all.

elessar123.png

#206 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

Actually, I have been waiting for a deal on Class of Heroes for a while now but $30 is still a bit high for me. Thanks anyway, though.

This is just my suggestion, but I would honestly pick it sooner than later. Very few retailers actually carry it as it is, and I can see this title disappearing pretty quickly and shooting way up in price. And, I'm not 100% but I think this title has been discontinued by Atlus, already. Can anyone confirm this by chance?

If you don't mind it being in *used* condition, there are a couple copies listed on ebay right now for around $27 + shipping. So like I said above, that's why I'd grab it while I can. ;)

But yeah, elessar123, I've heard similar critique when comparing the game to Etrian Odyssey. I've never played any of the EO games, although I do own the first two (I've not gotten around to playing them quite yet), and I have the third iteration pre-ordered right now. More than likely, the third game will be the first game I delve into in the series because I hear it's the most accessible, while still retaining all of the challenging difficulty/rewarding elements that have become a favored hallmark in the franchise.

#207 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

On another subject, and this is a total shot in the dark, but does anyone know where one could acquire the first Atlus PSP title, Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner without paying $90+?

#208 dallow

dallow

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

Gamestop for 10 bucks.

#209 socash11

socash11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

On another subject, and this is a total shot in the dark, but does anyone know where one could acquire the first Atlus PSP title, Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner without paying $90+?

You serious? That game is expensive now? I owned it at one point, but I hated it and sold it for the $30 it was going for on eBay at the time.

#210 dallow

dallow

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

Nah, not nearly that high. $35 complete is fair.