Photo
* * * * - 34 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
15229 replies to this topic

#2071 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Kickstarted for of Class of Heroes 2, and include some very cool LE stuff. If it doesn't ship you get your money back.

http://www.kickstart...system?ref=live

hmm I'm considering this. the big question is if I can "order" twice but have one "net pledge" 8-)

#2072 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

I doubt it, but I certainly hope they reach their goal.

Only 10205 people need to pay the $59 to reach $500k, so it's very possible (assuming they're not counting the $10 shipping, 8475 if they do).

#2073 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

I really want CoH2, decisions decisions

#2074 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

I'm actually really tempted for the $500 pledge, but I don't think I'll do it. If it was Infinite Space 2, Etrian Odyssey IV, or Bayonetta 2, I'd probably do it.

#2075 keine

keine

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Only 10205 people need to pay the $59 to reach $500k, so it's very possible (assuming they're not counting the $10 shipping, 8475 if they do).

Sounds feasible. We shall see.

#2076 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

In for the $59 pledge. I too was a huge WD fan. I have my WD collection nearly complete.

Also, I'd want the physical collectible stuff but eff the UMD. Give me a digital copy of the game -.-

Heh, I'm the exact opposite. If it was a digital copy of the game I would have skipped it all together.

#2077 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

Heh, I'm the exact opposite. If it was a digital copy of the game I would have skipped it all together.

I'll sit this one out.. i've done several of these kickstarters. Time to see if any of these pan out first. And I'm a big fan of physical copy games. Digital copies can not be shared with friends/family, eff that. If the digital copies of the games cost 1/2 - 1/3 of physical copies.. I'd think about it.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#2078 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

Etrian Odyssey
http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

textbooksrus 25.94 2 copies
AWD 30.90 1 copy

#2079 janesvilleninja

janesvilleninja

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

so does 59 get me a UMD copy ?
Posted Image

#2080 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

so does 59 get me a UMD copy ?

Yeah, $59 gets you the deluxe UMD copy as long as they actually meet their goal...

I went for $59. Seems worth it if it's anything like the old WD deluxe editions.

#2081 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

do any of the tiers including a PSN copy?

#2082 ryanelittlefield

ryanelittlefield

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

"Starting at the $59 ($49 for the Deluxe Pack w/$10 shipping) level, you will get one of these Limited Edition Deluxe Packs and some sweet swag perks for supporting this effort. In fact, more swag than we’ve ever done for one game - more swag than any other console game I know of. This is epic stuff."

Sounds legit enough to me.

#2083 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

Me, too. I can't believe this sort of game made it here, and countless other Jrpgs don't. I have the game, but couldn't get past the 1st 30 minutes.

Yeah I was intrigued by this game at first too with the samurai guy on the cover and the 3rd image on the amazon listing that shows a group of samurai wearing a shinsengumi-looking haori. I'm a sucker for anything bakumatsu-related. But then after reading what it was I was kinda disappointed. Surprised they're trying to sell such a game in America.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#2084 cyko

cyko

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

Kickstarted for of Class of Heroes 2, and include some very cool LE stuff. If it doesn't ship you get your money back.

http://www.kickstart...system?ref=live

Is this totally legit?

Because if so, this sounds pretty awesome.

#2085 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

less than a month to raise 475k. Good luck

#2086 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

Put myself down for the $100. I didn't like Class of Heroes 1 and I hate the genre, but whatever. I hope it works out for them so we get the possibility of some actually good games coming through, but I'm not exactly seeing that happening. People would rather fund adventure games from the "great minds" behind Brutal Legend for some reason.

#2087 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:08 AM

People would rather fund adventure games from the "great minds" behind Brutal Legend for some reason.

lol so true. QFTW

#2088 Twizz

Twizz

An Eff'n Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

I hope Cyberconnect gets on the kickstarter craze so hopefully we can get a localization of .hack//link

If this goes up they have my support 100%

#2089 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

hey CAGs,

anyone have an opinion on 'hakuoki'?
http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

i didn't find much on metacritic. amazon's running a B2G1, and am looking at JRPGs (PSP/PS3 preferred, Wii OK). undecided re 'fate/extra' but recommendations are welcomed. CE/LEs nice but not necessary. TIA.

Like elessar said, it's a reverse-harem dating sim. Doesn't mean you won't like it if you're a guy, but just be aware that females are the expected market.

Fate/Zero's LE is a worthy pick-up at $20, but at the $27 you'd be paying for it I'm not sure I would recommend it. It's essentially a Persona knock-off wherein the battles rely on Rock-Paper-Scissors (yes, really). It's been $25 before, multiple times, so this isn't even the best price for it.

As for recommendations, I dunno. I didn't see anything that jumped out at me on the sale. If you're willing to wait you can probably find the games you're interested in at cheaper than 33% off.

#2090 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Went to Gamestop because of the 60% tiv increase. Found a new sealed copy of Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS today which I grabbed. I feel very lucky seeing every other gamestop near me was listed as low stock so it was either not there or gutted.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2091 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Put myself down for the $100. I didn't like Class of Heroes 1 and I hate the genre, but whatever. I hope it works out for them so we get the possibility of some actually good games coming through, but I'm not exactly seeing that happening. People would rather fund adventure games from the "great minds" behind Brutal Legend for some reason.

wow that's an incredibly limited view, it's the great minds behind Monkey Island and Grim Fandango

#2092 orcishlad

orcishlad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Got an email regarding the kickstarter project for Class of Heroes 2:

Thanks to all of you for your feedback on what you'd like to see in the reward tiers to make them more attractive. We're learning a bit on this Kickstarter as well. We found we can't add to rewards that already have backers, so we just created a new reward tier with the same cost that adds new rewards.

The single most-requested thing we received was a deluxe pack with a digital code as well. We've modified the $100 tier so it now includes a download code as well as the physical game. You will not have to open the package to get the code, which is another request for some. ALL tiers above the $100 level will now include the downloadable code for the full game retroactively as well as the physical UMD. Since we couldn't change the existing $100 reward, those backers will get a downloadable code as well.

Second most-requested was more love for the digital support tiers. Again, we couldn't change the existing backed reward, so we made another identical cost tier that now includes a full digital copy of the arranged game soundtrack. ALL $20 level digital supporters will get this, regardless of which $20 level they choose.

Thanks for your support and suggestions. Some we can do, some we can't, but we're reading and considering them all.

A little silly that you need to pay $100 to get the downloadable version thrown in, but ehh. At least it looks like they'll add more to the reward tiers as time goes on.

#2093 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

they really should add a digital copy to tiers below $100...

#2094 vherub

vherub

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Set a reminder for that kickstarter, probably will only kick in a couple bucks. Didn't care for the 1st game, but if they had $60 for a LE + d/l code option, would have grabbed it now.

#2095 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

So... pay $40 more to get a digital download on top of the physical copy? Nice, lemme just buy the game twice.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#2096 keine

keine

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

If you want a DD copy, just buy the game from the PSN on release. This "kickstarter" has more to do with releasing a deluxe pack for collectors, I believe

#2097 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hypothetically, would you guys do $39 for digital only?

#2098 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hypothetically, would you guys do $39 for digital only?

I would personally (assuming they had a $39 digital only offering). I mean not that I don't like special editions and all, but to me, I would rather have a backwards compatible Vita/PSP version (assuming I buy a Vita at some point) than a straight UMD.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2099 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

And I get the whole "Kickstarter is not pre-ordering or purchasing a product, it's to help fund projects" but for Class of Heroes 2 in particular, I think I read that they're gonna bring it stateside regardless of whether it hits 500k or not.

It really is just the collectible stuff that's hanging on the Kickstarter. That being said, I wouldn't have bought the a DD copy of the game to begin with b/c I don't want CoH2.

They have the right idea about dedicated fans supporting a somewhat "dead" genre, but I think they're going about it kinda strangely and catering to a very, very specific audience. Not that they could please everyone to begin with...

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#2100 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

And I get the whole "Kickstarter is not pre-ordering or purchasing a product, it's to help fund projects" but for Class of Heroes 2 in particular, I think I read that they're gonna bring it stateside regardless of whether it hits 500k or not.

It really is just the collectible stuff that's hanging on the Kickstarter. That being said, I wouldn't have bought the a DD copy of the game to begin with b/c I don't want CoH2.

They have the right idea about dedicated fans supporting a somewhat "dead" genre, but I think they're going about it kinda strangely and catering to a very, very specific audience. Not that they could please everyone to begin with...

It really is a strange game to try with. CoH wasn't that well received. Wouldn't Valkyria Chronicles 3, our something similar, be a better choice?