Photo
* * * * - 30 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
14250 replies to this topic

#2131 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

A large percent of it is taxed so they're not getting anywhere near 500k to begin with.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#2132 Krystal109

Krystal109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Still, you could make a game from scratch for 500K. Seems like they are asking for more than needed.

#2133 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

Still, you could make a game from scratch for 500K. Seems like they are asking for more than needed.

500k does sound like way more than it should need for the "physical deluxe" version. They said it was for 7,000 copies of the physical version to be produced.

Has anyone even tried to do the math? 500k for 7,000 copies? So $71~ each?

#2134 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

I wish they would just do a basic UMD release. I honestly do not want to put down $60 for this. None of the extras are that enticing to me. Have they even said what the download will cost if it goes dl only?

#2135 johnoralex

johnoralex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

I figured I would share this here if anyone wants disgaea 4 they can get it for 26 dollars. The catch is you have to do it today, it is the European version so you can't use American dlc and you have to import it. Anyway Zavvi has it on sale for 15 pounds plus 1 pound shipping to the U.S. I ordered one myself, but for those of you with doubts I have used zavvi before when I imported dodonpachi for the xbox. It came about 2 weeks after I ordered it. Here is the link - http://www.zavvi.com...n/10432386.html

#2136 gravel

gravel

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

I found a sealed Atelier Rorona with the art book at GameStop for $29.99 today, so if your local GS has any left, it should be the same price.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#2137 ryanelittlefield

ryanelittlefield

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Same with Ar Tonelico Qoga, except 39.99.
Currently Playing:
:ps2: Persona 3, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
:psp: Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
:wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
:360: none
:ds: Chrono Trigger
:3ds: James Noir's Hollywood Crimes
:pc: Diablo III, Psychonauts
:ps3: Sly Cooper 2 HD

#2138 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

WTF i ordered disgaea 3 off the NIS america webpage.. was billed already now the item doesnt even show as being ordered in my account

if i dont hear back by weds i will just dispute the charge
WOOOO I STINK

#2139 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

WTF i ordered disgaea 3 off the NIS america webpage.. was billed already now the item doesnt even show as being ordered in my account

if i dont hear back by weds i will just dispute the charge

nis csr are very friendly, i'm sure you wont have a problem.

#2140 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Not sure where to put this.

I preordered Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 Limited Edition: Gamindustri S on January 12. About a week later I got an email saying the payment couldn't go through because I switched debit cards and didn't change my payment method. Misfortunes were had and I couldn't buy the game anymore so I just ignored the email since they said it would be canceled in a week if I didn't fix it. However, last night I got an email telling me my order went through and the game is being shipped. I double checked and this is the limited edition version for $64.99 and it is not available on the NIS website anymore. Also, it was put on my credit card I have through Bank of America, which is where I got my debit card from.

I'm not complaining cause I wanted the game and do have the funds now but I'm totally in the dark of how this happened. The game is sold out and selling for a lot on amazon.

I had to share somewhere and what few friends I have that game all play CoD and no RPGs so, I don't know.

6041.png

#2141 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

NISA did have a waiting list on hand for people that wanted mk2 but could not get in before the early pre-order cut off. My thoughts are that they went extremely conservative with the pre-orders in fear that they might go over the target amount and now are distributing the many extra copies to people on the list or with outstanding orders. It's good to see that those that NISA is taking care of those that missed out initially.

#2142 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Not everyone that was on the waiting list got to order after the LEs were sold out.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#2143 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

I don't get what you mean. The waiting list was created because the LEs were sold out on their page and I don't believe the people on the list ordered. If a copy was available and their turn was up, they got contacted by NISA for a sale. No ordering took place on their part since the game was never officially relisted by NISA.

#2144 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

NISA did have a waiting list on hand for people that wanted mk2 but could not get in before the early pre-order cut off. My thoughts are that they went extremely conservative with the pre-orders in fear that they might go over the target amount and now are distributing the many extra copies to people on the list or with outstanding orders. It's good to see that those that NISA is taking care of those that missed out initially.

The purpose of the waiting list was so if somebody cancelled their order, NIS would allow the next in line on the waiting list to purchase that copy. There shouldn't be any outstanding orders because that would imply they were taking orders after the game sold out.

#2145 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Frosty the Batman has an outstanding order as he worded his post to make is seem as his order was never cancelled and weeks later it was processed. Also, several people online have been claiming to have had luck with previously cancelled orders and getting a sale through the waiting list. Can't say how but it appears that NISA had more copies available than the pre-order amount. Perhaps a shipment solely reserved to be used for customer exchanges and are now distributing that out?

Either way, I do not care as I am extremely glad that those that wanted this particular set of the game are actually getting copies while keeping the scalpers out of the way.

#2146 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

They probably has X number set aside for damaged or defective copies. I remember a few people complained theirs were damaged.

#2147 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

I'm more interested in how it went from my debit card to my credit card. I was told my order was canceled. Also, very happy and not a scalper.

6041.png

#2148 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'm keeping mine sealed, because that's what I do as a side hobby, besides playing games. Looks good on my shelf. ;p

Posted Image

#2149 Donkey132

Donkey132

OldSchool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

how did people get on a waiting list? I guess I missed out on that too :(

#2150 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Right after the item sold out on the website, and orders started being fulfilled/shipped, those that missed out got an email saying you could call them and be put on a waiting list.

What I was saying before, was that not everyone who was put on the waiting list, got the game in the end, obviously. It just has to do if they have any available left over.

Posted Image

#2151 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm wondering if the Atelier Meruru limited edition is going to be sold out soon.

I already see people listing 10+ of them on Ebay.

Edit: Is Ebay even suppose to let preorder items be listed by sellers?

#2152 Teh Nitwit

Teh Nitwit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

The Witch and the Hundred Knights http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B007PNBU0Y by NISA popped into my goldbox today. Anybody knows anything about this game?

#2153 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'm wondering if the Atelier Meruru limited edition is going to be sold out soon.

I already see people listing 10+ of them on Ebay.

Edit: Is Ebay even suppose to let preorder items be listed by sellers?

I see it all the time... I don't believe it's actively monitored.

#2154 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

I heard they aren't suppose to list something they don't have on hand, but if that's the case, they don't seem to enforce it.

#2155 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

From eBay learning center:

If you want to sell presale items, be sure to meet all of the following criteria:

• Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.
  • Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.
  • The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer—not the time the item is in your possession. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.
  • In the listing form, you need to use the default font size of 3 so people can easily see these sale terms.
If you don't meet all of those criteria your item could potentially be removed.

#2156 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Atlus sent out an e-mail today saying that Dragon's Crown was pushed back to 2013. It's listed again on Amazon for $50 on PS3 and $40 on Vita.

If any of you contact Amazon regarding your previous preorder, please post back here with your experiences.

#2157 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

thanks for pointing this out. amazon shows a release date of june 30, 2013. ok so i just talked to cs- at first they said it was for a different item because the publisher before was ignition and now its atlus.. i had to point out that the game is identical along with amazon's preorder price guarantee.. then they didn't budge because the price before was too great (29.99 to 49.99) but i had them check my initial order details and they could see i got it for 28.49 (gold box discount). so then he finally agreed and had me place a new order for 49.99 after which he manually adjusted the total to 28.49. hope you saved your amazon order confirmation emails because if you try and look it up under your account on amazon it won't be there.

Atlus sent out an e-mail today saying that Dragon's Crown was pushed back to 2013. It's listed again on Amazon for $50 on PS3 and $40 on Vita.

If any of you contact Amazon regarding your previous preorder, please post back here with your experiences.

Edited by technicalstylez, 20 April 2012 - 08:38 PM.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2158 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

thanks for pointing this out. amazon shows a release date of june 30, 2013. ok so i just talked to cs- at first they said it was for a different item because the publisher before was ignition and now its atlus.. i had to point out that the game is identical along with amazon's preorder price guarantee.. then they didn't budge because the price before was too great (29.99 to 49.99) but i had them check my initial order details and they could see i got it for 28.49 (gold box discount). so then he finally agreed and had me place a new order for 49.99 after which he manually adjusted the total to 28.49. hope you saved your amazon order confirmation emails because if you try and look it up under your account on amazon it won't be there.

You lucked out man. I made all the points you did, but my CSR would not budge because his "lead" wouldn't let him... :/

#2159 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

You lucked out man. I made all the points you did, but my CSR would not budge because his "lead" wouldn't let him... :/

keep trying man. i would keep trying if i was u until i got someone that budges because you are entitled to the preorder price you placed. keep stressing the preorder price guarantee and hopefully u get someone who understands the situation.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2160 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

It was my impression that NISA did preorders based on number ordered, i.e. people preorder X copies they prepare X copies, but I'm sure they also have a limit in place to ensure they can fulfill all the orders so have maximum of Y copies.