Photo
* * * * - 23 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
13035 replies to this topic

#2371 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Got mine yesterday. I know it was talked about before all the pedobear stuff but there is a reason Rorona is a small child.

All I need to do now is eat a lot of cookies and cake so that the shirt will fit me.

#2372 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Meruru, like HD Neptunia MK2 is 2x to 2.5x the price of the original release on ebay. Potential gains there.

Where are you looking? I'm seeing a lot of listing on ebay, but auctions are ending in the $100 - $120 range. After fees and shipping that's only a gain of around $20.

#2373 Cabhills

Cabhills

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Just received my meruru today with the boxed jammed in my mailbox. Had a plastic bag around it at least due to the 70% chance of rain we are having. Seems like the mailmen are way way way too lazy to take a minute out of their time to just set it at my front door step. Luckily the contents inside were not damaged.

Cabhills.png

76561198031533789.png

#2374 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Last Story U.S. LE is very... underwhelming. But what else is new? I would've bought it without any bonuses so its better than nothing.

Link

Edited by KtMack23, 03 June 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#2375 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

dragons crown ps3 is on play-asia for 34.99.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2376 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

Pandora's Tower U.S. LE is very... underwhelming. But what else is new? I would've bought it without any bonuses so its better than nothing.

Link

Did you mean The Last Story?

#2377 SGH360

SGH360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

any good deals for a person who wants to start JRPG games for the 360 or PS3?

#2378 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Pandora's Tower U.S. LE is very... underwhelming. But what else is new? I would've bought it without any bonuses so its better than nothing.

Link

Um, I'm confused. The way the website is putting it, it sounds like that's the first run edition of the game and not a LE.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#2379 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Um, I'm confused. The way the website is putting it, it sounds like that's the first run edition of the game and not a LE.

Yes. Every other region gets a full fledged limited edition and we get a flimsy art book.

#2380 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

any good deals for a person who wants to start JRPG games for the 360 or PS3?

Either Final Fantasy XIII or Tales of Vesperia if you like anime style for first timer.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#2381 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Grab Tales Of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey. You'll have the two best JRPGs on the 360, and they are quite different, so you'll have two, awesome, unique experiences!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#2382 luxuria

luxuria

Don't Forget Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

grab tales of vesperia and lost odyssey. You'll have the two best jrpgs on the 360, and they are quite different, so you'll have two, awesome, unique experiences!

qft

#2383 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

I liked Blue Dragon and Infinite Undiscovery as well.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#2384 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

I can vouch for Blue Dragon too. It's a little bit simple, but it's a nice standard RPG. Though Versperia is still number 1 for 360 (IMHO).

#2385 Aznchaos3

Aznchaos3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

For ps3 there's Tales of Graces F, which came out this past March. The battle system is slightly unorthodox, or just different than most other Tales games, but the game is a solid jrpg imo.
Track...the only time it's ok for a man with a gun to tell you to take your pants off :)

#2386 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'm just going to go the "you're an idiot" route on this one.

"Chibi-themed", really? Is that what we're using to try to justify oversexualizing young toddlers?

But seriously, you're an idiot. Like, really, a fuckin' dipshit. Sorry to be explicit, but I'm just being real. Look how defensive you're being over something as stupid as this game "mechanic". First off, my "prudish desire" isn't to "force" anything. It's simply a preference not to have to molest 6 year-olds in my strategy games. Also, I never assumed anything. I know there's idiots out there (you're living proof) that will defend anything Japan ejaculates onto the figurative face of America, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

And before you go crying about how I shouldn't be in this thread and if I don't like Japanese games, not to play them. I own nearly all of NISA's console based RPGs, including their collector's editions. I play them because I enjoy a good story and strategy. Hell, I even love nice set of tits to ogle while I'm playing, but those set of tits need to be ripened, and not have an entire game mechanic based on them.

So yes, Fuck you and your creepy and overly-defensive desire to justify this shit stain of a mini-game.

Also, either dumb as shit or scared to actually address the real issue. Suggestive drawings are fine, just not of little girls. This isn't a matter of sex versus violence in video games, it's just a matter of disgusting, pedophilic content. I actually believe you're aware of this and are just trying to avoid it so you don't have to admit how much of a creeper it makes you to actually support this.

Exactly.

The false equivalency in here is astonishing. I bet you guys fall for that shit Rick Santorum was doing as well when he was saying "Well, if you let people get married, it's the same as fucking dogs!"

No, it isn't. Oversexualizing a 5 year old and violence in games aren't the same thing. Sex scenes with adults and the shit you guys are defending aren't the same things. You can argue however you want, but it doesn't change the fact that this has now turned into the "Spot a pedo!" thread.
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#2387 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

I find naked babies on TV in bad taste, and kid pageant shows. I don't find obviously fake drawings offensive, because I can tell the difference.

Which is why I wonder why you people get so riled up about it. I find rape in movies disturbing, yet it's ok. I find it weird that underage girls can pose nude, as long as it's on the silver screen.

Guess what, people are offended by different things.

An argument I can get behind. I think people who like gratuitous violence are weird too. I'm not saying to outlaw it; I'm just saying (for the third time), people are offended by different things.

Because it's fake, it doesn't bother me much. When it's real, it disturbs me. If you can't understand that, fine. But saying something something is fake isn't a valid argument is quite stupid, imo.

I have more of a problem with intoxicated manslaughter, but I bet they'd get off easier than people with "lolicon", and most people in this thread probably think the same way. That's what western society says. But sorry, but that doesn't make ANY sense to me.

Movies aren't real. So why would a rape scene bug you in a movie, which isn't real?
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#2388 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

The following rpgs are some of the good ones on the PS3:

Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Grace f
Disgaea 3 & 4
Folklore
Eternal Sonata (One of my all-time favorite off-line co-ops)
Resonance of Fate
Star Ocean the Last Hope
Final Fantasy XIII-2
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#2389 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Yeah, I'm one of the few that enjoyed Star Ocean Last Hope International (never played the xbox version) It was just great!
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#2390 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

Yes. Every other region gets a full fledged limited edition and we get a flimsy art book.

Don't see much of a problem there to be honest. We get a free artbook and exterior box for purchasing the standard edition's first run. A preorder isn't even required.

It may not be a full fledged limited edition, but it's damn good none the less.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#2391 forweg

forweg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

I'm just going to go the "you're an idiot" route on this one.

"Chibi-themed", really? Is that what we're using to try to justify oversexualizing young toddlers?

But seriously, you're an idiot. Like, really, a fuckin' dipshit. Sorry to be explicit, but I'm just being real. Look how defensive you're being over something as stupid as this game "mechanic". First off, my "prudish desire" isn't to "force" anything. It's simply a preference not to have to molest 6 year-olds in my strategy games. Also, I never assumed anything. I know there's idiots out there (you're living proof) that will defend anything Japan ejaculates onto the figurative face of America, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

And before you go crying about how I shouldn't be in this thread and if I don't like Japanese games, not to play them. I own nearly all of NISA's console based RPGs, including their collector's editions. I play them because I enjoy a good story and strategy. Hell, I even love nice set of tits to ogle while I'm playing, but those set of tits need to be ripened, and not have an entire game mechanic based on them.

So yes, Fuck you and your creepy and overly-defensive desire to justify this shit stain of a mini-game.

I have zero interest in this game, because it doesn't look particularly good. I agree it looks stupid and pointless, but that's no reason to demean those who might enjoy such things. Who is it harming? These are drawings, not real people.

Japan has one of the the lowest rates of sex crimes in the world. Who do these drawings hurt in real-world terms? Who cares if they are supposed to be 5-year-olds (which they are not)?

All you're trying to do is force your deranged and entitled sense of morality onto other people's personal interests.

People like you are what's wrong with this world. Fuck you.

Bonus tip for the racist propagandists: Otaku culture isn't Japanese culture. Tokyo is not Japan.

Bonus tip #2: Sexualized shota characters are nearly as common as loli characters. But a big deal is never made about that because it is female yaoi fangirls who enjoy them. So, it isn't useful in your effort to demonize Japanese men. Racism and misandry. Despicable.
Posted Image

#2392 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

Movies aren't real. So why would a rape scene bug you in a movie, which isn't real?

They're real people, so it bothers me, like real naked underage people in media bothers me (i.e. naked babies in commercials). There wasn't a read in between the lines.

#2393 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:45 AM

Thanks for the list - ordered Macross Ace Frontier! Hopefully it's similar to Robotech: Battlecry in terms of fun. Yeah, I know...Harmony Gold blah, blah, blah.

#2394 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

I almost recommend Eternal Sonata.

Can those who won't drop the "loli" issue please argue somewhere else?

#2395 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

Don't see much of a problem there to be honest. We get a free artbook and exterior box for purchasing the standard edition's first run. A preorder isn't even required.

It may not be a full fledged limited edition, but it's damn good none the less.

Like I said, I'd buy it with no bonuses, I just wish we had a chance to get really nice RPG collectors editions here in the U.S. And sorry about saying the wrong game. They all start blending together around 1 am lol

Man you people are cheap.

#2396 Kanjishin

Kanjishin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Yeah, I'm one of the few that enjoyed Star Ocean Last Hope International (never played the xbox version) It was just great!

I would never recommend the xbox version to anyone unless it's the only console they own. After the game is beat there is an endgame dungeon on disc 2 but your ship is still on disc 3 -.-''

#2397 forweg

forweg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Can those who won't drop the "loli" issue please argue somewhere else?

It never should've started in the first place. This is a forum for video game deals, not trolls with agendas.

Back on topic, uhh...

The Atelier games are really underappreciated. Rorona has some issues, but Totori fixes pretty much all of them. I've not played it, but I can only guess Meruru carries on from there. Good series.
Posted Image

#2398 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for the list - ordered Macross Ace Frontier! Hopefully it's similar to Robotech: Battlecry in terms of fun. Yeah, I know...Harmony Gold blah, blah, blah.

Macross Ace Frontier was FUN FUN on the PSP.

I've just recently picked up Gundam Extreme....holy blue hell that game can be hard but fun

#2399 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

The Atelier PS3 trilogy is pretty good for a budget series. It's like a turn based Rune Factory in my opinion.

#2400 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

I'd like some opinions on Gungnir (as we approach its release date) if anybody's got them. I've read some so-so reviews on the game, and am questioning whether or not I want to spend $30. Is it safe to assume that since it's an Atlus game, and for the PSP no less, that there's very little chance of it ever dropping in price?

I just wish Grand Knights History would have been released. I was much less on the fence about that game than I am this one.