Metroid Prime Collection at Amazon.

I looked at their inventory just before you posted this. They had 13 in stock, but they are all gone now. I'm sure someone snatched them all up. Either way, they're all gone now.

I thought about getting it even though I don't have a Wii (yet). But glad I held off as I still have my original GC games in mint condition. Also, there have been a fair amount of disc reading issues with this game due to it being manufactured on a dual-layer disc (much like SSBM).

[quote name='twicwborn']Is this really that rare? Where I live I've recently seen it at bestbuy, target and toys r us.[/QUOTE]

Pick me up a sealed copy if you have and I'll pay by Paypal.

[quote name='twicwborn']Is this really that rare? Where I live I've recently seen it at bestbuy, target and toys r us.[/QUOTE]

It's probably not really rare, or maybe not even going to be that rare. It's just that Nintendo is no longer producing the game. Because of this the game has become a big thing around the internets. I too just saw a few copies at Target. I'm personally just going to wait to see if they ever drop really low on clearance before I pay for three games I already own.

It also dropped to 30 at Sears recently. I got mine off of Amazon in December when they had it for 27 and change :D

I bought the Collectors Edition because I don't have them.

but I agree with you.if you have the originals,then there's no reason to buy this.otherwise is a
pretty good deal. this are great games.

yeah I remember this collection back on black friday last year.it was like 30 bucks at Amazon,didn't buy back them.
but now is my chance.

Not rare at all, just out of print.
Just like some other games like Pikmin.

[quote name='CaoPi']I have the originals on gamecube and MP3 on Wii already no need for this[/QUOTE]

You forget about the Wii Remote controls for MP1-2. Granted, not a big deal to everyone, but at least it changes things up a bit.

This game went from being on sale at BB for $20 because no one wanted them, to "rare" and "collectible" within a month or two.

If people actually wanted the game, it wouldn't have gone OOP in the first place.

[quote name='daminion']
If people actually wanted the game, it wouldn't have gone OOP in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Tetris DS.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Tell that to Tetris DS.[/QUOTE]

Not a comparable situation at all. Tetris DS is OOP due to licensing issues.

[quote name='HughMBeing']This is not rare, nor will it be difficult to obtain in the future.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, Nintendo said they stopped production of this so when it sells out it'll be sold out.

[quote name='daminion']This game went from being on sale at BB for $20 because no one wanted them, to "rare" and "collectible" within a month or two.

If people actually wanted the game, it wouldn't have gone OOP in the first place.[/QUOTE]

yeah saw this on SD. Was on sale for $20 at best buy, and I didn't bite then. Definitely won't bite now for whatever they are charging here.

I saw a copy of Metroid Prime 3 Corruption @ Best Buy near where my new job is. I thought it was kinda odd considering that I haven't seen any new copies of that in stores for quite some time. They had no copies of MP Trilogy, but I have seen other copies recently @ Target & other Best Buy stores. I've had the money to buy it, but there are other games I want first. Plus I'll see if I can find a copy @ Sears for cheaper.

[quote name='kiribee']Not rare at all, just out of print.
Just like some other games like Pikmin.[/QUOTE]

Yeah soon as they said it was going out of print was a scramble to find them as I think people were going to try and resell for a crapload of money or something, then it kind of leveled off.

[quote name='gargus']Yeah soon as they said it was going out of print was a scramble to find them as I think people were going to try and resell for a crapload of money or something, then it kind of leveled off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I almost bought some when they went OOP, but then my bestbuy ended up getting like 6 copys in stock shortly after for some reason :D

I think the sales at Target and Best Buy were not actually price drop sales because no one was buying them, but mass clearance sales because, according to Nintendo, the game was already discontinued before both stores dropped the price.

BTW... if anyone is around the Latham Circle Target in upstate NY, they had I believe 11 copies in stock as of about a week and a half ago.

Probably won't be worth a ton of money ever. Still a great collection to have if you're a fan of the series.

I can't believe the supposed hype with this being rare. I see multiple copies of this at every retailer I go to. Granted, most are still $50, but I also passed up a ton at Sears because I know they're on clearance and they will be going down in price over the coming months.

I ended up getting mine for 29, I wish I couldve gotten it cheaper but it was a great game so still worth it.

Usually there's not so much hype about a game that is going to be rare. I own all three metroid games, but I may pick up a copy at Sears and tuck it away later for trading purposes. I have sealed copies of Skies of Arcadia, Mario Party 4, Valkyrie Profile 2, Pikmin 2, Cubivore, and so on for this reason. One day there'll be a reason I own these things.

[quote name='Vince McMahon']I have sealed copies of Skies of Arcadia, Mario Party 4, Valkyrie Profile 2, Pikmin 2, Cubivore, and so on for this reason. One day there'll be a reason I own these things.[/QUOTE]

Only if that reason is to play them.

I have a BB $20 copy, a BB .01 guide, and a free GS trilogy preorder double sided poster. I'll post all three when Metroid other M comes out later this christmas, and I bet I can get $200 for all three in a single auction.

I picked it up. I know it's never going to be worth any real money. But since its oop I doubt I'll ever see it for cheap. So I might as well buy it now incase for some crazy reason it does go the way of Tetris DS.

[quote name='daminion']This game went from being on sale at BB for $20 because no one wanted them, to "rare" and "collectible" within a month or two.

Well, not necessarily. It was listed as a "limited" item.

Man, I wish I had known this was going to be such a wanted game, I would have scooped up the 15 or so copies my BB had when it was $20.

[quote name='SpoDaddy']If this is $30 at Sears, does that mean it's also $30 at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

no...and since when did CAG become CAWSTSOE? (Cheap Asses Who Sell This Shit On Ebay?)

[quote name='animemaniac14']no...and since when did CAG become CAWSTSOE? (Cheap Asses Who Sell This Shit On Ebay?)[/QUOTE]

Since forever ago.

[quote name='animemaniac14']no...and since when did CAG become CAWSTSOE? (Cheap Asses Who Sell This Shit On Ebay?)[/QUOTE]

Why are you asking me?

Two copies for $50 at the local K-Mart.

I've always wanted to pick this up, mainly because the packaging looks nice. Still, I never can, as I have all three games already. And, I know I'd never go back and play through them...new controls or not.

Can't that easily be considered part of being a cheap ass gamer?

For example say I had bought 6 ME2 CE and resold 5. I make a $15 profit on each one I sell. That 6th copy is mine and it's basically free minus time to list + a couple dollars for supplies.

Then I can turn around and sell the code that comes with my copy for $50 and end up getting PAID to own an ME2 CE...

That is how to be a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']29.97 if they have it at your local Sears :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder. Just picked up a copy for that at my local Sears. The sign on the board still said 49.99, but it rang up clearance.

Very nice.

bread's done
Back