CAG contest is over....Congrats to Super_Nerd!

joshingit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
246 (100%)
Congrats to Super_nerd. Expect a PM.

Previous Contests -
Nintendo Contest # 1
Microsoft Contest # 2
Community Contest # 3
Sloppy Seconds Contest # 4

As my GF pointed out, I don't give as much as I should... so as promised, another crap-tastic contest. :bouncy:

How to Enter : Post what your favorite game (any gen) is and why.
Restrictions : No NEWBIES FEB '10 join date
Ends : Late Sunday Feb 21, 2010 - REALLY.

Loot :

$25 Amazon Gift Card &

Pick from ONE Catagory below.
  • 1600 Microsoft Points
  • CoD Classic Code
-------------------------
  • 2000 Wii Points
  • Yoshi Plush
-------------------------
  • PSN Card
  • $15 Subway Card

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Mario World for the SNES. That game took hours upon hours of my life away. I didn't even own a SNES but I went to my cousins on the weekend and played that the entire time i was there. I remember just staying up until the wee hours in the morning playing it.

My favorite game would be Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (followed closely by Banjo Tooie). I loved the story, characters ( The Boss/Big Boss specifically) and the setting. Not enough games take place in forest levels so it was wonderful. But the best thing about it was Metal Gear Online. I must have spent 500 hours+ on it, before winning the official tournament ( Team Deathmatch one ) and "retiring". Well...after flaunting my Kojima Pro emblem for a bit :) . MGS4's online just doesn't feel the same, and it's obvious the influx of FPS's have effected it a little too much for my taste. Oh and Snake vs Monkey. Best minigame EVER.

My favorite game is Bioshock, I really enjoy the hybrid of other game elements and the story is fantastic. I also enjoy the big daddy/little sister concept probably because Im a daddy myself to two little girls (coincidentally my three year old when she see's the opening cut scene always yells 'Be careful Big daddy' and doesn't seem to care about the normal looking guy he's fighting lol)

I can't win but that's okay! I'm still going to participate :)

My favorite game is Shenmue, definitely one of the most well-written unfinished stories I've ever seen.

Final Fantasy IX - My favorite in the series. It has a heartwarming story, several likable characters, a memorable OST, beautiful visuals. Too many things to list, so I'll just leave it at that :)

Trials HD, it's really challenging. At it's heart, it's a platforming game with time trials. I've played a lot of great custom levels. I need to find some more track makers.

currently my favorite game is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

even though i buy new games, i can't stop playing CoD.

and thanks for this contest OP

Earthbound for the SNES because it has a great story with quirky characters and dialog, and it is still so different from every other rpg coming out even today.

I'll for the Microsoft Points category

banjo kazooie and banjo tooie. they always kept me entertained when i was a little kid with its childish yet mature storyline and its vibrant colors. i bought both of them on xbl arcade but I will still sometimes break out the old N64 just to play them since they have a much better feel on the n64. Its to bad nuts and bolts wasn't that great since i really wanted to play a new banjo kazooie game.

Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1, without a doubt. The best game ever made, I've been playing the game since it released in 98, and I've played and beaten it a total of Thirty Seven times, and I am currently working on playthrough thirty-eight.
This gen, I'd have to go with Mass Effect 2. Modern Warfare 2 and Arkham Asylum were both great as well. I also sunk quite a few hours into Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Chrono Trigger for SNES. I am a fan of space and time traveling, and this story was able to jump from the very beginning of time, to the very distant future, all while having an amazing storyline. Plus Frog was a badass, and has a very saddening story.

Since im talking about chrono trigger, if you have never played it, go buy it for DS. You will not be disappointed.

The World Ends with You on Nintendo DS because the story was great and the gameplay was challenging and fun. It also had a catchy soundtrack

Grandia on the PS1. Getting to the wall at the end of the world was/is one of my favorite moments in gaming.

My very favorite game of the N64 era is Goemon's Great Adventure. It's truly the best co-op platformer ever made. It rewards (and often requires) teamwork, every character is worthwhile, the story is compellingly bizarre, and the game is the perfect length: A healthy main quest, numerous side quests, but (with one notable exception) no bloat at all. It's expansive without being aimless, focused without being overly simplistic.

I've easily played through the entire game at least half a dozen times, including once in Japanese, so that I would see the musical numbers (yes, musical numbers) that were omitted from the North American release.

Granted, I have a soft spot for all of the oddball platform games of that era (Mischief Makers comes to mind) and for the Ganbare Goemon series as a whole. But there's just no topping Goemon's Great Adventure. If the game ever sees a Virtual Console release, I'll be dancing a jig. A jig, I tells ya.

Nes- Crystalis
Snes- Chrono Trigger
Genesis - Earth worm jim/Toe jam & Earl
N64 - Army men sarges heroes
Ps1 - FF7/8/9/Xenogears/lunar
Dreamcast - Skies of arcadia/Jet grind radio
Ps2 - FFX/shadow hearts/nocturne
Xbox - Halo/Halo 2
Ps3 - Valkyria Chronicles
Xbox 360 - Tales of vesperia

Yeah,Dunno why I named all those, I had to think about it for a sec.Outta all those I'd still say FFX is still my all-time fav game.Loved the characters,story,amazing soundtrack and I knew as soon as I heard/watched the intro,I knew this game would be a special one.One of the only games to get me teary eyed at the end..Yeah,I said it :p.

Super Metroid, because the atmosphere, music, gameplay, and story all mesh together so well that you forget that it's just an SNES game.

Machinarium because if defines what a game is and what a game should be.Best adventure game I've played...pardon the cliche;ever.The atmosphere,music,the sounds,the characters are combined so well;it makes the game come alive.Your brain, will hurt from lack of stimulus,when you finish this game.You and everyone here on CAG should play it.Really,really,good,fantastic experience.

For the sake of nostalgia, I'll say my favorite game was Legend of Legaia on the PSX. I was 12 or 13 and it was my first real RPG. I had a lot of good times with that game.

Thanks for the contest.

I'd have to say Tales of Symphonia. The characters were awesome, good plot, and the gameplay is simply great. I've never replayed a game so many times in my life...

Chrono Trigger is and will always be the greatest game ever made. Why? Because I don't think anything could bring back the feeling of when I first played it. Story line was epic, characters were original, and the soundtrack was amazing. Not to mention 20+ different endings on top of that, AND "New Game+", I don't see how anything could even come close to this! =)

P.S. Frog/Glenn FTW!

Halo: Combat Evolved. This game truly got me into the FPS genre. Also, this is the only reason why I even bothered buying the original Xbox. Now, if I have to choose between buying the PS3 or Xbox version of a game, I side more towards the Xbox. It all started with Halo.

My favorite game is Fallout 3 on the XBOX 360. I spent countless hours exploring the game. The game has awesome weapons and an engaging story. I even spent the extra $50 to buy all the DLCs. It was worth the money!

It's a toss up of two SNES games. Crono Trigger and A Link to the Past. Chrono Trigger was pretty much my first foray into RPGs. It had a great story and characters and just is plain awesome. A Link to the Past was my first taste of the story of Link and Zelda.

Lufia 2 for SNES

Great story, gameplay elements, puzzles, no random battles in dungeons, and tons of replayability because of the ancient dungeon where its 100 floors of randomized dungeon and you start out with level 1 and no equipment other than the blue chests you find in the dungeon itself from previous runs

If I win, I would like the PSN card category

Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast. It was the first console MMORPG, and the only game I've ever put hundreds of hours into. I loved the world, the loot, the customization, and being able to go on quests with friends. I got my first ever C in school because I couldn't stop playing PSO at the time.

Batman Arkum Asylum for 3 reasons.

1. This game made me like batman again (more than the 2 new movies). I hated the original movies. The use of detective mode and the gadgits was brilliant and really showed off the true nature of batman and the combat combo flow was unique and challenging.

2. It walked that fine line between reality of the characters and cartoonish.

3. This game's combat challenges, more than anything else, really tested my patience and gaming ability. It took everything I had to beat the shock and awe extreme challenge and that more than anything is why I chose this game.

PSN package if by some slim chance I win.....Thanks.

You can all laugh at me if you want, but I am going with Halo 2. The multiplayer was phenomenal on that game, countless memories. This gen I would have to go with Batman as well, I kept going in the store questioning whether or not I should buy it, when I finally did I was amazed at how well the game kept me entertained.

Favorite game would have to be Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The music, the game design, the weapons, the puzzles, the boss battles -> so much to experience as a kid.

It's especially memorable since that was the first game I purchased with my own money and it was blind luck too since I had never heard or played a Zelda game before. Ahh the memories...

Metal Gear Solid 3

The story was engaging and in no way convoluted as MGS4 was. The characters were memorable, especially EVA. The codec conversations were thoughtful, funny, and informative throughout the game. The gameplay is superb and is the definitive game of the series. The graphics were beautiful for a PS2 game, the environments are detailed and well constructed. Boss battles were fun to play, especially the last boss fight, which although tough turned to be bittersweet and very memorable. Oh and one last thing, easter eggs were all over the place, which were fun to find. GG

I liked playing Super Smash Brothers on the N64... nothing beats playing as Yoshi and turning people into eggs to make them fall off the platform...

I was asked to name my top 20 recently and my answer the one spot was StarCraft/StarCraft: Brood War. There's no other game I played as much or as long as I did that game. It helped that I was pretty damn good at the game. There's just something exciting about destroying my opponent or having a heart-pumping back-and-forth. All of this makes me sad by the way. I'm afraid of SCII because I want to be as good as I used to but I don't see it happening.

bread's done
Back