Photo
- - - - -

Burnout Paradise Bundles (PSN) ($20 DLC/$30 DLC+Game)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

Great game and great value for everything at $30, even if it is over 3 gigs. I might have to get it again. I might not even mind having to play all the races I already beat. What makes this so fun for me is the ability to play my custom sound track.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#32 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

Does the DLC add any additional trophies?

I've been meaning to play this game, but $30 and no hard copy has got me feeling kind of ehhhhh....

#33 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

Does the DLC add any additional trophies?

I've been meaning to play this game, but $30 and no hard copy has got me feeling kind of ehhhhh....

There are trophies for every DLC. Go here http://www.ps3trophi...ophy-guide.html
There are more DLC trophies combined 47, than regular trophies 45.

EDIT: nevermind me, offline 45, plus 6 online make 51 total, plus the 47 DLC. Just check that site.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#34 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

There are trophies for every DLC. Go here http://www.ps3trophi...ophy-guide.html
There are more DLC trophies combined 47, than regular trophies 45.

EDIT: nevermind me, offline 45, plus 6 online make 51 total, plus the 47 DLC. Just check that site.

Damn, I might have to get this then.

#35 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:16 AM

i may pick up the dlc pack

#36 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

No offline co-op is a deal breaker.

#37 kab030

kab030

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

Let's say I have the game disc-based - if I buy the game + DLC will it run off my old save?

The disc-based save file is NOT compatible with the PSN version. I found out myself just now and I checked Criterion's website.

Not exactly a big deal though. You've still got your trophies and all cars unlocked!!!

#38 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:28 AM

The pack includes ALL of the released DLC for the game:

Party Pack ($10?)
Big Surf Island ($13)
Cops & Robbers ($10)
Toy Cars ($13)
Boost Specials ($8)
Legendary Cars ($8)
Timesaver (unlocks all cars in-game) ($5)

(I believe those prices are correct - I'm trying to remember what I saw this morning. Toy cars & Cops & Robbers might be swapped, but everything else should be correct.)

Nice. I didn't know the Timesaver DLC was included. I platinum'd the game back in 2008 but my save file bit the dust along with my old 60GB. I'm tempted to get this now.

#39 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:31 AM

cool
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#40 GrocersPride

GrocersPride

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:12 AM

EDIT:: Nevermind, you'll have to make a new save.

┬┐POR QUE?

That makes me sad. I was going to give my disc to my cousin he could experience the game and I would run my old save off of the downloaded version. This bums me out.

Now the question is do I want to play through the game again for the convenience of having it both my PS3s or do I just want the DLC?

#41 Romis

Romis

Honor Among CAGS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:07 AM

I wonder if they ever fixed a glitch that occurred sometimes when people added on the Big Surf Island DLC, if you hadn't finished all the gates in downtown, when you added Big surf island, did something to one of the gates in the Car Park Garage next to the road to the bridge

I know I got to 399/400 gates and many others reported it and thy kept saying.. they're working on it Their remedy up to that point - "Start over" it shouldn't happen again.. not very convincing, but if you could gameshare the $30 total package comingout to $6 each not a bad deal for the game & all the dlc and having it on your machine for a quick pickup game..

#42 MaxDense

MaxDense

Enter Sandman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

The disc-based save file is NOT compatible with the PSN version. I found out myself just now and I checked Criterion's website.

That's a deal breaker for me. It is a fantastic game, though.

#43 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

This is really tempting. I think I may bite before the end of the deal. I still have a crapload of GS credit thanks to BB's free games :) May be time to buy some PSN cards.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#44 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

What is this game about? I hate passing up on great deals

#45 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:26 PM

What is this game about? I hate passing up on great deals

It's an arcade-style racing game. It's an open-world environment, with challenges and different cars to unlock. There's a good deal to do, and this is a great price for it.

If you want a more in-depth idea of what it consists of, go look at IGN or Gamespot or any other review site - they should be able to give you an idea of if you might like it or not.

#46 raiser

raiser

CAG-Zombie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

I have the 360 version, and would buy this DLC if that price gets matched on 360. I liked the game so much that when I accidentally deleted my save at about 90% completion, I started playing it over, knowing I would likely not get any further achievements. My 4 year old son also loves it (he calls it Crash FM).

If you like the old Burnout series you'll like this, if you LOVE the old Burnout series, you may not. The biggest things missing are Crash mode and offline Co-Op modes. Every other complaint about this game has pretty much been addressed in the patches and updates. ie. environmental/weather effects, and restarting races without having to drive back across the map (this was a big issue for some).

The ONLY thing I can fault this game for, is the environments are sterile. Meaning there is a COMPLETE absense of life. No birds or planes flying, no wind blowing the trees, no people walking around. Most of the time you'll be going so fast that you won't notice. But it kind of bothered me, a little, and is a relatively minor complaint.

I know the xbox version had a demo, not sure about PS3. But play the demo and if you like it, know that the game itself is 1000x better than the demo!

#47 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

If I got this would I have to use timesaver? I rather get the cars on my own.

#48 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

If I got this would I have to use timesaver? I rather get the cars on my own.

No, each piece of DLC comes individually, so you can only download the DLC you want. I'm actually trying to figure out if there's a way to go back and uninstall Timesaver as I blindly downloaded all of the DLC without thinking, and I'm not sure I want Timesaver at the moment - although I might want it in the future.

#49 Skoad

Skoad

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:31 PM

The biggest things missing are Crash mode and offline Co-Op modes.

There is Showtime Mode, obviously it's different, but being able to destroy your car and ram through traffic whenever you want is still fun. And yes, no couch co-op is lame, though the Party Pack adds in a nice "pass the controller" function that makes it more enjoyable between friends locally.

#50 justasplanned

justasplanned

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

No, each piece of DLC comes individually, so you can only download the DLC you want. I'm actually trying to figure out if there's a way to go back and uninstall Timesaver as I blindly downloaded all of the DLC without thinking, and I'm not sure I want Timesaver at the moment - although I might want it in the future.

oh wow really?
i thought it downloads them all at once when you get the pack

good to know man
timesaver thing was a dealbreaker for me too
but now, i'm definitely getting this

#51 stubadub

stubadub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

oh wow really?
i thought it downloads them all at once when you get the pack

good to know man
timesaver thing was a dealbreaker for me too
but now, i'm definitely getting this

No, when you buy it there is a download all button at the bottom, but you can go to each of the eight pieces individually and select to download only what you want. I went ahead and grabbed everything but timesavers.

#52 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

I was kind of hoping it would be one big pack, I hate having so many items in my download list (yeah, I'm really anal retentive)...but it's better to give gamers these type of options.
Posted Image

#53 justasplanned

justasplanned

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

this is an off topic question

but what happens when you download a dlc twice in the download list?

i accidentally dled the big surf dlc twice
it downloaded and installed again
do i have two copies of the same dlc now somewhere in the ps3 or will it just save over the first copy?

#54 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

this is an off topic question

but what happens when you download a dlc twice in the download list?

i accidentally dled the big surf dlc twice
it downloaded and installed again
do i have two copies of the same dlc now somewhere in the ps3 or will it just save over the first copy?

saves over the first copy. You can also download it an unlimited number of times on to 5 different PS3s total.
Posted Image

#55 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:27 PM

Just a heads up, the 360 demo is still available to download. I tried it out... I think I'll stick with Burnout 3. Great deal on the bundle though.

#56 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:53 AM

Just a heads up, the 360 demo is still available to download. I tried it out... I think I'll stick with Burnout 3. Great deal on the bundle though.

The demo is based on the original unpatched game. They've added WAYYYY so much more since then.
More vehicles, day/night cycles, better handling, MOTORCYCLES, more online events, better textures on destructibles and tons of other things.

#57 Skoad

Skoad

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

I feel like getting the demo just to see how different the game is. I didn't pick it up until 1.7ish.

#58 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:12 AM

They also added songs to the soundtrack and ... well, the Burnoutpedia has it all listed.

#59 CloudStrife7

CloudStrife7

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:22 AM

I've always wanted this game, and this seems like the time to pick it up. I would really prefer it for 360, but I'll look as this as a plus to owning a PS3.

Edited at 9:03 PM
Just started downloading! So much content!

Posted Image

Edited by CloudStrife7, 18 February 2010 - 03:21 AM.
Just picked it up.

Posted Image

#60 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:35 AM

bit on this and wasn't paying attention. did the "time saver" thing too without noticing. any way to reverse that? was about half way through the game. want to get the stuff on my own.

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!