New Gamestop trade promo: 50% extra credit for ALL games. Starts 2/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei no Otaku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the deal was trade X amount of games and recieve 50% (Like before when you could get like 10%, 30% and 50%, or something like that). I SERIOUSLY doubt this deal would let you just trade 1 game in at get 50% (They would lose massive amounts of money)

I mean seriously, think about it >_>. You could trade a newish game for 37.50-40 bucks, a console (Like the 360) for like 120, sounds fake, or like a lack of details

[quote name='dgwillia006']I thought the deal was trade X amount of games and recieve 50% (Like before when you could get like 10%, 30% and 50%, or something like that). I SERIOUSLY doubt this deal would let you just trade 1 game in at get 50% (They would lose massive amounts of money)[/QUOTE]
It's true. My co-workers and I were just as shocked.

Also you honestly think they'd lost that much money? Dante's Inferno just came out and trades for about $21. So now you'd get about $30 for it and they'd still sell it for $55. Please.

[quote name='killer9']lol its a tiered trade come on[/QUOTE]

Agreed, if this sale was true, it'd probally get pulled the day after it started due to massive abuse, and money loss. (Where the heck is there money to be made when you could practically trade a game and get 5-10 dollars less than what they resale for, especially when it comes to consoles)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Im not gonna hold my breath on this one @_@. If its true, awesome, i can trade my Arcade in toward my FF13 Bundle, if not, meh.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't work on systems.

[quote name='Estebon']Make sure you post penny guide info the day before they pull them.[/QUOTE]
GS stores are instructed to destroy those guides. Wouldn't help you too much...
[quote name='killer9']lol its a tiered trade come on[/QUOTE]
Want to bet? I'm willing to because I know I'm right.

Do we need a coupon for this? I'm going to hope Mass Effect 2 holds up to $35 until next monday that way i can get $56 for it with the 60% b/c of my edge card! that would be SWEET!!!

I just traded mass effect 2 towards final fantasy. I received 47.25 for it. I'll be pissed if the mass effect 2 tiv next week is still 35.00.:bomb:

Nice, i should finish up Dante's Inferno in a few days, hopefully the TIV sticks at 25 and I can get 40 back for it.

[quote name='diddy310']Nice, i should finish up Dante's Inferno in a few days, hopefully the TIV sticks at 25 and I can get 40 back for it.[/QUOTE]
It's been lower than 25 for awhile now lol. It's at about 21.40 right now.

[quote name='dapunisure']Do we need a coupon for this? I'm going to hope Mass Effect 2 holds up to $35 until next monday that way i can get $56 for it with the 60% b/c of my edge card! that would be SWEET!!![/QUOTE]

THIS is why the deal sounds so fake >_>. If it is true, im betting they'd take off games above a certain trade-in value off the deals eligibility list

So, I have a pile I was going to trade in with the tier bonus tomorrow. So if this 50% deal is legit, I might just hold out. That's just too epic to pass up, unless there's a trading limit.

Not to criticize the op posting good info, but this seems to be the new gamestop way.

Drop TIV's by 40%, offer bonus 50%.

used to be new games could get $30-35, like he said now Dante's is showing at $21, etc.

No, what they'll do is lower the TIV. ME2 will drop to about $25 by Monday, watch.

Plus it's not unheard of at all. I was able to trade in L4D2 for over $40 a couple months ago during one of our trade promos, and at the time it was selling for $40 due to a price drop. The company is doing a lot of this because of the shitty holiday season we had. Our DM reamed out every SM this year, and they're being assholes about our numbers.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Sorry for the nooby question Otaku, but do you have even a vague idea of the next b2g1 free?[/QUOTE]
No. We don't get that info until a couple days beforehand.
[quote name='jer7583']Not to criticize the op posting good info, but this seems to be the new gamestop way.

Drop TIV's by 40%, offer bonus 50%.

used to be new games could get $30-35, like he said now Dante's is showing at $21, etc.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

I'd laugh so hard if this was true, but practically every new games trade in value spiked down to like 20-25. Along with the deal having crap-loads of other resitrictions

[quote name='rei no otaku']i didn't see this posted here.

I work at gs and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on all games. Yes, every system and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with edge card.

I know i have some crap to unload come monday![/quote]

fuck gamestop

Huh there's a CAG worker at the Cranston Gamestop? I go there all the time... strange... and also a fan of SNSD? Double dose of strangeness

And I'd love to vouch for this deal being right but... I don't think I'll be driving down to Cranston anytime soon, sounds great if it is though.

ouch, oh well, 34.24 isn't so bad for Dante's - hopefully it stays at that or at least 20. Probably get rid of Assassin's Creed 2 after I play Bonfire of the Vanities, also some of the low stuff that I couldnt use in the tier promo but won't play again (Tomb Raider Underworld, KoF XII etc.)

It's not uncommon for this sale without the tiered. They've done it before I think. That's pretty awesome though if that's the correct sale. Preorder or not, it'll be good.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Also don't count on any game holding its current TIV. I have a good feeling they'll be dropping over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

So, let's say the majority of my trade pile is new. Am I probably better off doing the current tiered trade gimmick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back