Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #188: When Vaginas & Demons Attack!

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#91 dembesum

dembesum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:36 AM

I like what Joystiq's Justin McElroy said about Heavy Rain on his twitter:
"Heavy Rain is a beautiful dancer whose performance you could lose yourself in if she'd only stop farting."
I haven't played it, and I will get it eventually.
But going out of immersion in a game like that sorta ruins the point.

#92 mrangrypants

mrangrypants

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:24 AM

The audio didn't bother me at all. It was just another reason to ignore Wombat.

Great show guys.
Gordon's alive?!?!?

#93 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:09 PM

cheapy you missed the point about the voice acting. It was bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd (man say that 5 times fast jk). I have an idea ask Wombat to play the demo if he thinks the audio is bad I think you should buy me a copy of the game (now there is a contest). What's in it for you? If Wombat agrees with you you will find out. Wombat's audio = mediocre but, 2 weeks ago's show is terrible I mean unlistenmable. That was the frist show I missed in about 2 years.

#94 Jackal888

Jackal888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

Posted Image

Halo Kitty

Its been a while since I have listened to the CAGcast, Wombat still crapping the show up. I like the addition of Boat Crash to the show.
Keep up the good work people.

Edited by Jackal888, 21 February 2010 - 07:11 PM.

Wombat "Someone told me to reboot my face!"
CheapyD "I am having a cucumber day!"

#95 Khalid

Khalid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hehe, story about Tai and the demons made me lol.

#96 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:05 AM

Why is Cheapy criticizing MAG for map packs he assumes are coming? Zipper has more of a need to fix the SVER maps right now.

The DS successor needs to be able to connect to normal internet connections with normal password-protected security on it. Every other online-connected device I have works fine with my router, but the DS can't do anything, making it the worst online system of this generation. Nintendo definitely needs to react to the iPhone with all of that money that they're losing on their games and systems.

Decent show.

#97 Jay Are Man Loy

Jay Are Man Loy

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:08 AM

Oh, and another thing dude. You stirred the soda with the cucumber. Why were you so shocked when it fizzed? You could stir a carbonated drink with anything and it will fizz. I'm sure that if you stirred the blue crap with pineapple or lemon or whatever it would have fizzed too. C'mon man, think outside the box.

It's great to learn...
'Cause knowledge is power!

You are one small step closer to enlightenment.
You're welcome.

#98 chunktek

chunktek

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

The audio quality of this show is not so bad. It just sounds like Wombat is fapping it in the background.

Sounds like Wombat is furiously going at it. You've gotta admire his stamina, but take it easy guy, you're gonna get a blister.

#99 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Got to love the toilet stories.

Poo on the floor... yeah I've been there.

EDIT: I'm going to have to disagree with Wombat on the depth and quality of iPhone games being poor. For the dollar, I've gotten much more value out of some iPhone games than many full retail release games. Just for example:

Alive 4-ever ($2.99) - Dual stick shooter with 30 levels and three gameplay modes
The Creeps ($0.99) - Tower defense with dozens of levels and multiple gameplay modes
Fieldrunners ($2.99) - Beautifully polished tower defense game
Glyder ($1.99) - Pilotwings inspired collection game
Need for Speed Underground ($2.99) - Arcade racer with some 30 levels
Peggle ($4.99) - It's Peggle
Soosiz ($2.99) - 2D platformer with tight controls, around 80 levels and Super Mario Galaxy inspired gravity manipulation
Sword & Poker ($1.99) - Dungeon crawling, poker playing RPG with excellent execution lasting 20+ hours

So that's $19 for a whole lot of games with a huge variety. I could easily replace any console experience with this handful of games (not to mention the thousands of others available on the iPhone) if necessary - not that I would want to.

Edited by iowaholdem, 22 February 2010 - 07:39 PM.

Posted Image

#100 colt4by5

colt4by5

Works every time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

Cheapy, I know your Seinfeld impersonations seem to only get groans from Wombat and Boatcrash, but I get a kick out of them so keep it up :).

#101 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

Great show as usual.

#102 zenprime

zenprime

A cat is fine too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:56 PM

alright show. I hope to see more pictures of the Cheapy's new CAG HQ soon.

nyanya.gif

gallery_112191_5372_1370779853_8521.gif

#103 gorgo

gorgo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:13 AM

Great show. Regarding Mass Effect 2, I'm conflicted over Miranda... she does have a great ass, but her face looks like Michael Jackson...

#104 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:26 AM

I didn't find the popping on Wombat that bad...

What a boring show though. I don't remember anything from it besides Cheapy shitting is his mother-in-law's shower. Thats fucked.

#105 Gregory_Tea

Gregory_Tea

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:25 AM

wombats static was totally livable, its just when everyone is all garbled that my rage flows fast....

stay cheap

#106 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:31 AM

Cheapy, I know your Seinfeld impersonations seem to only get groans from Wombat and Boatcrash, but I get a kick out of them so keep it up :).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes them. I laugh my ass off every time Cheapy does one.

I like how Cheapy read the most tame show feedback from last week. It really had nothing to do with the actual content of the show. Wombat probably would have started crying if he dug a little deeper. :)

I agree, this is going to be a great year for the 360. There's a lot of games I'm interested in, such as Splinter Cell and Alan Wake. There's probably some good stuff coming at the end of the year too. Aaron Greenberg is so full of shit though. I can't stand that guy. I don't think he's ever answered a real question in his life. Everything that comes out of his mouth is PR talk. I wish for once a game "journalist" would have the balls to press him on things rather than just letting him drone on about how amazing the 360 is. That's a problem with pretty much every game journalist. They never press or ask tough questions. Every interview turns into a PR piece.

Good show guys.

#107 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:23 AM

Wombat was right about Cheapy being taken advantage of. If it was agreed that the cabinets should have been replaced prior to moving in than it seems like the thing to do is for them to honor that agreement. All I know is that when he moves he better tare those things out of the kitchen since he paid $1,000 for them.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#108 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

It's never a complete CAGcast unless Cheapy and Wombat talk about shit and vomit. Is there any way to just avoid the cabinet thing Cheapy? Maybe your wife really wants to change the cabinets...

#109 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

Is there any way to just avoid the cabinet thing Cheapy? Maybe your wife really wants to change the cabinets...

I'm pretty sure that was regarding the apartment he just moved out of. At least that's how I understood the totally gaming-related story on the CAGcast.

Posted Image

#110 FarmhouseMedia

FarmhouseMedia

The Casual Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:21 AM

Wombat's audio sounded like he was on an old record. But you know what? It didn't bother me in the least. Reminded me of playing my old vinyl in the 80's.

But seriously, some de-clicking software would have fixed 80 - 90% of those clicks.

Gameplays, reviews, and just havin' fun...
www.youtube.com/farmhousemedia3000

#111 RKDynamic

RKDynamic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:28 AM

When you warned us about the audio quality Cheapy, I was expecting it to be terrible. The audio quality was fine... and the show quality was, uh, pretty good too.

#112 cueball939

cueball939

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

Wombat was highly radioactive on this week's episode.

I thought Wombat must have developed some kind of chitinous mandible. Like a Covenent Elite or something. But it wasn't as bad as Cheapy made it sound with his apology at the start.
Stay Groovy!

#113 Slick62

Slick62

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

Oh my god Cheapy! It's 2010...and your still surprised that Ship's wife picked a black man for her characters love interest in ME2?! Really?! You do realize that black people are the same species as white people.

The saying that you butchered is: "the darker the berry the sweeter the juice".

Despite your occasional ignorance, I still love the show,

Slick62

P.S. If your wife likes watching you play ME2, you really should give Heavy Rain a try. The game play is so, so, but the story...very engrossing.