Halo Wars:Platinum Hits Edition for $19.96 at Walmart-RETAIL stores only!

LiquidCrew

CAGiversary!
Just got back from my local Walmart here in Columbus, OH and they seem to be selling the HW:platinum Edition early, (Release Date: 02/23/10) with extra DL included (in edition to the extra content). When I asked if they would price match the Microcenter deal, they said it couldn't be an add off the web. So, when I looked in the game case, their was the the orginal released game, next to the Platinum Edition of HW. Both versions were clearly marked $19.96. It rang up as $29.99, but they gave me the 19.96 marked price. I'm not sure if it was just this location, but it appears they are releasing the title early. And at $19.96, I couldn't pass it up. So check your local Walmart and see if you had the same luck as I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Walmarts around here also have it (Clarence, NY | Store #2355; Batavia, NY | Store #2088), but the PH version w/extra goes for $29.96, the older version goes for $19.96.

[quote name='dcm1602']Anyone else have success with this ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got this last week for $19.99. Didn't know it was a new price cut.

[quote name='saetia']Yeah, I got this last week for $19.99. Didn't know it was a new price cut.[/QUOTE]

Platinum hits not regular right ?

Wait, is the lint remover bundled with Halo wars or do I have to pick that up separately ... this will really make or break the deal for me.

[quote name='dcm1602']Platinum hits not regular right ?[/QUOTE]

There was a sign that said Halo Wars: $19.99 (or $19.96) and beside it was both versions, PH and non-PH. I grabbed the non-PH.

I got a regular one for 19.99 from walmart last week, arrived today with a large gash in the front (looks like it happened before packaging...) so I'm going to a local store tonight to exchange for a PH version.... And yeah the PH here is 29.99

[quote name='saetia']There was a sign that said Halo Wars: $19.99 (or $19.96) and beside it was both versions, PH and non-PH. I grabbed the non-PH.[/QUOTE]

And by doing so, you got the version without all of the DLC included on the disc. Congrats. It rang up correctly because you purchased the non-PH one.

[quote name='mtxbass1']And by doing so, you got the version without all of the DLC included on the disc. Congrats. It rang up correctly because you purchased the non-PH one.[/QUOTE]

I am aware.

Congrats. You suck at reading.

[quote name='saetia']There was a sign that said Halo Wars: $19.99 (or $19.96) and beside it was both versions, PH and non-PH. I grabbed the non-PH.[/QUOTE]

See this at my Wal Mart too, already have it, but great price for a good game. Also, it IS 19.96 for the PH version, they don't even have the normal at my store.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is the DLC on a seperate disk or is it download codes you have to redeem?[/QUOTE]

I just read the back of the case and it says both 2 Packs are included, and 100+ in extra achievement points (If you care). A $20 value, pulse, it includes an additional 4 maps and 3 gameplay modes, not included with the packs releases. But, it appears, unfortunately, that the extra content is NOT on the disk and it must be downloaded through xbox live. Although, I would much rather have all of the new content on the disk, so when I sell the game, it's new owner gets the new content as well,it's still a great value.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']I just read the back of the case and it says both 2 Packs are included, and 100+ in extra achievement points (If you care). A $20 value, pulse, it includes an additional 4 maps and 3 gameplay modes, not included with the packs releases. But, it appears, unfortunately, that the extra content is NOT on the disk and it must be downloaded through xbox live. Although, I would much rather have all of the new content on the disk, so when I sell the game, it's new owner gets the new content as well,it's still a great value.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but that doesn't answer my question. I need someone who's bought the game to say if it's like the Gears of War 2 GotY/RE 5 Gold releases that have paper codes you have to redeem on XBox Live, or is it like the Mass Effect 1/Oblivion-Fallout 3 GotY releases that have the DLC on a physical disk.

[quote name='saetia']I am aware.

Congrats. You suck at reading.[/QUOTE]

Just because the sign is next to both versions, doesn't mean it's for the PH version that regularly retails for $29.99. Several people are reporting that the PH version rings up for more, and even the OP himself had to do a price override to get the $19.96 price.

Just called my local Wal-Mart (Millersburg, OH) and they didn't even have Halo Wars at all. So for whoever thought this was YMMV or just Ohio only, this might throw the theory off a little bit. Then again, Millersburg has a pretty shitty Wal-Mart, too.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry but that doesn't answer my question. I need someone who's bought the game to say if it's like the Gears of War 2 GotY/RE 5 Gold releases that have paper codes you have to redeem on XBox Live, or is it like the Mass Effect 1/Oblivion-Fallout 3 GotY releases that have the DLC on a physical disk.[/QUOTE]

I asked that question a while ago and I was told that it's redeemable codes and not DLC on a disc. (Which was what I was hoping for.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry but that doesn't answer my question. I need someone who's bought the game to say if it's like the Gears of War 2 GotY/RE 5 Gold releases that have paper codes you have to redeem on XBox Live, or is it like the Mass Effect 1/Oblivion-Fallout 3 GotY releases that have the DLC on a physical disk.[/QUOTE]

i would also like to know this. i really hope it's disc, i hate the code crap.

[quote name='FiendCameron']i would also like to know this. i really hope it's disc, i hate the code crap.[/QUOTE]

when will they realize not everyone has xbox live . some people play local mulitiplayer instead of going online.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']I just read the back of the case and it says both 2 Packs are included, and 100+ in extra achievement points (If you care). A $20 value, pulse, it includes an additional 4 maps and 3 gameplay modes, not included with the packs releases. But, it appears, unfortunately, that the extra content is NOT on the disk and it must be downloaded through xbox live. Although, I would much rather have all of the new content on the disk, so when I sell the game, it's new owner gets the new content as well,it's still a great value.[/QUOTE]

So is the DLC like extra story line based modes or multiplayer only?

Saw the Platinum Hits at Target for $19.99, maybe the regular version was supposed to be there? Target and Amazon both have the regular version for $19.99. Target does not have a listing for Platinum Hits version; however, Amazon has the Platinum Hits version for $29.99. Walmart only has one listing as well....

Phoenix, AZ - can confirm. It was non-PH Edition though. Came across it when I was shopping for groceries and hopped on here to see if it was posted (sure enough, it was lol)

[quote name='LiquidCrew']I just read the back of the case and it says both 2 Packs are included, and 100+ in extra achievement points (If you care). A $20 value, pulse, it includes an additional 4 maps and 3 gameplay modes, not included with the packs releases. But, it appears, unfortunately, that the extra content is NOT on the disk and it must be downloaded through xbox live. Although, I would much rather have all of the new content on the disk, so when I sell the game, it's new owner gets the new content as well,it's still a great value.[/quote]

I finally snagged a copy this morning in Naugatuck, CT. Only the original version scans at 19.96, the GH version is tagged and scans at 29.96.

Cry Havoc he didn't word that very clearly because he seemed like he was guessing instead of saying yes the extra content is on paper codes you have to redeem. Welcome to my ignore list.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']Just got back from my local Walmart here in Columbus, OH and they seem to be selling the HW:platinum Edition early, (Release Date: 02/23/10) with extra DL included (in edition to the extra content).[/QUOTE]
Look inside the case yourself instead of guessing based off the box.

Can you please tell exactly what DLC is included? For your reference, here is all of the downloadable content available for Halo Wars.

Limited Edition - “Honor Guard” Wraith
Pre-Order Bonus - “Flame Decal" Warthog

Downloadable Content:

Historical Battle Map Pack Add-on (800 points):
---
Barrens (1v1)
Blood River (1v1)
Glacial Ravine (3v3)
Memorial Basin (2v2)
---
Strategic Options Gametype Add-on (800 points):
---
Keepaway
Tug of War
Reinforcements

Which ones are included in the package? Are any included on the disc?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Cry Havoc he didn't word that very clearly because he seemed like he was guessing instead of saying yes the extra content is on paper codes you have to redeem. Welcome to my ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Laughing. Out. Loud.

[quote name='wwfward']If only the Platinum Hits box wasn't so aesthetically unpleasing. I'll still get the regular version just to avoid that box.[/QUOTE]
Or you could get the PH and sell me the codes, then buy a green case and printout of the original cover.

[quote name='youngavatar']when will they realize not everyone has xbox live . some people play local mulitiplayer instead of going online.[/QUOTE]

Halo Wars doesn't have local multiplayer, you either have to have Live or do 360s for system link.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Halo Wars doesn't have local multiplayer, you either have to have Live or do 360s for system link.[/QUOTE]

wow thanks didnt know that i guess i will skip on this title

Yeah this YMMV and employee error. The PH version always rings up $29.96 and the older versions $19.96. The older versions have to be sold off so they are slightly cheaper.

I'm going to hunt this down today, first try Target, then Wal-Mart. I pretty much haven't seen this anywhere. almost bit on the regular for $9.99, but I want to build up my new artwork PH titles, and anyone that comes w/ bonus stuff, over just the regular, is win in my book!

This is about as YMMV as it gets. Wal-Mart won't price match itself and most targets only have the regular edition.

i saw this today, and i was reading the back of the case.... it seems the added content is on a voucher card that you download and requires something like 187mb of storage space. Since i own the game and bought the dlc before, i saw no real reason to get it.

bread's done
Back