Photo
- - - - -

Halo Wars:Platinum Hits Edition for $19.96 at Walmart-RETAIL stores only!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 Cry Havoc

Cry Havoc

Breaker Breaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:05 AM

Sorry but that doesn't answer my question. I need someone who's bought the game to say if it's like the Gears of War 2 GotY/RE 5 Gold releases that have paper codes you have to redeem on XBox Live, or is it like the Mass Effect 1/Oblivion-Fallout 3 GotY releases that have the DLC on a physical disk.

I just read the back of the case and it says both 2 Packs are included, and 100+ in extra achievement points (If you care). A $20 value, pulse, it includes an additional 4 maps and 3 gameplay modes, not included with the packs releases. But, it appears, unfortunately, that the extra content is NOT on the disk and it must be downloaded through xbox live. Although, I would much rather have all of the new content on the disk, so when I sell the game, it's new owner gets the new content as well,it's still a great value.

#32 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:06 PM

I finally snagged a copy this morning in Naugatuck, CT. Only the original version scans at 19.96, the GH version is tagged and scans at 29.96.

#33 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

Cry Havoc he didn't word that very clearly because he seemed like he was guessing instead of saying yes the extra content is on paper codes you have to redeem. Welcome to my ignore list.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#34 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

Just got back from my local Walmart here in Columbus, OH and they seem to be selling the HW:Platinum Edition early, (Release Date: 02/23/10) with extra DL included (in edition to the extra content).

Look inside the case yourself instead of guessing based off the box.

Can you please tell exactly what DLC is included? For your reference, here is all of the downloadable content available for Halo Wars.

Limited Edition - “Honor Guard” Wraith
Pre-Order Bonus - “Flame Decal" Warthog

Downloadable Content:

Historical Battle Map Pack Add-on (800 points):
---
Barrens (1v1)
Blood River (1v1)
Glacial Ravine (3v3)
Memorial Basin (2v2)
---
Strategic Options Gametype Add-on (800 points):
---
Keepaway
Tug of War
Reinforcements

Which ones are included in the package? Are any included on the disc?

<----- Loves Halo Wars, doesn't have any DLC, borrowing from a friend and looking to buy.

Edited by Doomed, 20 February 2010 - 07:34 PM.

sig.gif

#35 Cry Havoc

Cry Havoc

Breaker Breaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:26 AM

Cry Havoc he didn't word that very clearly because he seemed like he was guessing instead of saying yes the extra content is on paper codes you have to redeem. Welcome to my ignore list.

Laughing. Out. Loud.

#36 wwfward

wwfward

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:19 AM

If only the Platinum Hits box wasn't so aesthetically unpleasing. I'll still get the regular version just to avoid that box.

#37 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:00 AM

If only the Platinum Hits box wasn't so aesthetically unpleasing. I'll still get the regular version just to avoid that box.

Or you could get the PH and sell me the codes, then buy a green case and printout of the original cover.

sig.gif

#38 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

when will they realize not everyone has xbox live . some people play local mulitiplayer instead of going online.

Halo Wars doesn't have local multiplayer, you either have to have Live or do 360s for system link.

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#39 youngavatar

youngavatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:23 PM

Halo Wars doesn't have local multiplayer, you either have to have Live or do 360s for system link.

wow thanks didnt know that i guess i will skip on this title
[URL=http://exophase.com/gamercards/]Posted Image
[/URL]

#40 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:15 PM

Yeah this YMMV and employee error. The PH version always rings up $29.96 and the older versions $19.96. The older versions have to be sold off so they are slightly cheaper.

#41 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

I'm going to hunt this down today, first try Target, then Wal-Mart. I pretty much haven't seen this anywhere. almost bit on the regular for $9.99, but I want to build up my new artwork PH titles, and anyone that comes w/ bonus stuff, over just the regular, is win in my book!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#42 SovietSlayer

SovietSlayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

This is about as YMMV as it gets. Wal-Mart won't price match itself and most targets only have the regular edition.

Edited by SovietSlayer, 21 February 2010 - 04:50 PM.

#43 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:36 AM

Saw this at our Walmart tonight. Rollback to $20 from $60 on the tag.
Posted Image

#44 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

$30 at my Wally. They only had one copy on a clearance shelf

#45 runciter

runciter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

$30 PH version $20 original at my Wally. Seems pretty YMMV

#46 biggreenmold

biggreenmold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

any way to check stock on their website?

#47 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:16 PM

i saw this today, and i was reading the back of the case.... it seems the added content is on a voucher card that you download and requires something like 187mb of storage space. Since i own the game and bought the dlc before, i saw no real reason to get it.

#48 wargod

wargod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:18 AM

$20 for normal edition, $30 for platinum hits at my local wal-mart.

#49 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:38 AM

$30 PH version $20 original at my Wally. Seems pretty YMMV

Same in Dallas, TX
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#50 LiquidCrew

LiquidCrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

I was just at my local Walmart again, and I happened to glance at the game section. They still have both editions of the game marked 19.96! I thought they might have changed the prices after I bought it, but it's still the same. So if your in the Columbus, OH area, stop at the location located on Morse RD, next to I270. They still have it marked 19.96.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 wwfward

wwfward

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

Saw one for $29.99 for PH and $19.99 for regular.

#52 courtneydorsett

courtneydorsett

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Check this in at my local Walmart just north of Dallas. The PH version was $29.96. Best Buy had it online a couple of weeks ago for $20. Hope we'll see it at that price again soon.

#53 Ray5555

Ray5555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:46 PM

Well the platinum hits edition was $29.96 when I had it scanned. But I did find a original non PH copy. That scanned $19.96 so I picked it up. It was the last copy they had at walmart near century III mall in pittsburgh PA