Photo
- - - - -

GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2968 replies to this topic

#961 daminion

daminion

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:25 PM

:360: Dragon Age Origins - $21.25 2/24/10

#962 unknownthreat

unknownthreat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

Damn, can't do the heavyrain/mass effect 2 thing because in the state of FL, they implemented a new policy of holding a game for 30 days (used to be 7 days) after someone trades it in. Called a few gamestops to confirm.

I also asked them if it was okay to return a game with receipt that I bought from gamestop A to gamestop B and they said it was okay as long as it's not a collectors edition and it falls within the return period. My plan would have worked perfectly...... damn 30 days. Coupon would expire.

#963 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hey guys, not to say you are in the wrong, but did you ever stop to think that by trading in more games with crappy cases that you are hurting yourself and other gamers that may want said game in the future? I completely understand about the idiotic stickers they place on the cases, but at least they can be peeled off 9 times out of 10. The real problem is that Gamestop accepts anything other than complete games/cases/manuals. I cant believe how badly people take care of their stuff.

I was ready to buy a Madagascar game used for my daughter and decided against it because the case looked like it went through the car wash and the manual was no where to be found.

Sorry for the off topic post and again, not saying anyone is wrong here, just another viewpoint to think about.

EDIT: I still get a chuckle when I read about people trading to Amazon and getting pissed when they wont accept their used games that are missing items or scratched all to hell. I applaud Amazon for only taking in quality.

This seems especially true for DS games. I'm pretty sure 80% of the pre-owned DS section of a local GS was not the orginal case but GS case where it just has the name of game and some weird characters on it.

Posted Image

#964 keithf25

keithf25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

TIVs from today 2/24/10 1pm EST

Dirt 2 360 10.75
Dante's Inferno 360 25.00 <<<----- haven't seen this one posted yet
Borderlands 360 23.75
Sacred 2 360 8.25
Fable 2 360 6.00

All total with 50% and EDGE: $118.01

an average of ~$24 a game is not bad in my book.

picked up Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 360 and reserved GOWIII

#965 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

TIVs from today 2/24/10 1pm EST

Dirt 2 360 10.75
Dante's Inferno 360 25.00 <<<----- haven't seen this one posted yet
Borderlands 360 23.75
Sacred 2 360 8.25
Fable 2 360 6.00

All total with 50% and EDGE: $118.01

an average of ~$24 a game is not bad in my book.

picked up Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 360 and reserved GOWIII

Average is $15 or so not $25.

I'm so damn bored right now.:bomb:

Posted Image

#966 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

i think he meant average after the promos

#967 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

This seems especially true for DS games. I'm pretty sure 80% of the pre-owned DS section of a local GS was not the orginal case but GS case where it just has the name of game and some weird characters on it.

At least with DS I can see where a bunch of kids played more than their fair share of those games. I wouldnt hold a kid to the same standard as an adult.

Fuck work

Wrencrest.png

#968 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

Average is $15 or so not $25.

I'm so damn bored right now.:bomb:

Since you're bored you should learn what an average is. ;)

#969 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

Since you're bored you should learn what an average is. ;)

Heh, only looked at the base TiV not the total, so I was kinda right. :roll:

Posted Image

#970 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:59 PM

just got back after doing a trade, base values:

WII:
Mario Strikers Charged: $10
Mario Super Sluggers: $15

DS:
Mario Kart DS: $20

came out to $72 after bonus. not bad since i've had the wii games for about a year now and only paid $26 when i bought them.

For anyone interested, Mario Kart sells for $27 used after edge, and trades in for $32 after the 60% bonus. not too bad since the ME2 one isn't as viable, as long as your not getting tax.

#971 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

Base Trade in values from today (02/24/2010)
:360:
20GB Hard Drive $10
Lost Odyssey $8

:wii:
Tiger Woods 2010 $18.25
Grand Slam Tennis $7
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return $8.25
Ghost Squad $5.25
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves $8.25

:psp:
Dissidia Final Fantasy $8

:ds:
Metroid Prime Hunters $5.75
Puzzle Quest $2.50
Henry Hatsworth $5.25
WarioWare: Touched! $3

Total with Edge and 50% promo: $138.16
It was more than I was expecting, so I'm happy.
Probably should have kept a few for Goozex, but I have a few more that I'll put there.
Got an Edge Card/sub so I got $123.17 in credit. Don't know what to use it on yet!

#972 triimark6

triimark6

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

i wasnt able 2 go to gs the other day so im trying 2 go today and can any explain the 50 promo to me srry for the trouble thx

#973 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

read the first post. games get an extra 50% in trade in value

#974 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

sometimes i think you only rag on gamestop to sound cool

unfortunately joe hes 100% correct.. but i see where you are coming from
Posted Image

Posted Image

#975 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

i wasnt able 2 go to gs the other day so im trying 2 go today and can any explain the 50 promo to me srry for the trouble thx

Reading this made my head hurt. Seriously, internet abbreviations was really meant for instant messaging and text messages. If replacing "to" with 2 all that necessary? Actually, in terms of typing speed, it slows you down, which defeats the purpose of abbreviations.

#976 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

Reading this made my head hurt. Seriously, internet abbreviations was really meant for instant messaging and text messages. If replacing "to" with 2 all that necessary? Actually, in terms of typing speed, it slows you down, which defeats the purpose of abbreviations.

oh great! I was hoping no one would look at "it" so "it" would go away. now you've made it worse :-#

#977 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

Amen my brotha! The reason his sentence hurt so much is because he didnt use any punctuation or capital letters. Might as well be speaking another language.

EDIT: Sorry kurrptsenate!

Fuck work

Wrencrest.png

#978 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

So the ME2/HR flip is done with. Glad I did everything yesterday.

#979 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:27 PM

apparently. they dropped the value just enough so it wouldn't work unless you were using the 25% coupon with Heavy Rain

#980 TJFreeman

TJFreeman

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

hmm my Gamestop still had Left 4 Dead 2 at $29.75 TIV so i got $44.63 for a game that I only paid $35 for on Black Friday. Nice!

#981 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

I wanted to pose a question to everyone here - I traded in a bunch of DS games along with ME2. I found 2 complete copies of Zelda TPHG that are on special this week, so I grabbed them. When he rang me out, he put the Zelda games AND the ME2 I just traded in into the bag and handed to me.

Now, do you tell him and give it back? Or do you walk out of the store?

#982 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

depends how honest of an individual you are I suppose. I wouldn't judge you either way, but I'm sure you know the "right" thing to do...

#983 io

io

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

As for me every case I ever trade into GS/EB is usually old rental cases from HWV, BBV or GS/EB cases. Someone in this thread said a long time ago to "give GS/EB back their crappy stickered cases" and that is how I roll now.

That were me - it is an advanced lesson in flipping 101 ;).

My local GS has a policy of charging refurb fees on disc or cart-only games, but I've never heard of getting refurb fees on stickered cases. Given what GS does to every game, anyway, that is ridiculous. Around here it is clearly just a store manager decision because I can go to pretty much any other store when I have disc-only stuff.

#984 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:41 PM

I wanted to pose a question to everyone here - I traded in a bunch of DS games along with ME2. I found 2 complete copies of Zelda TPHG that are on special this week, so I grabbed them. When he rang me out, he put the Zelda games AND the ME2 I just traded in into the bag and handed to me.

free games sound good to me.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#985 CoastalmixX

CoastalmixX

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

The guy messed up. It's not your place to feel guilty. Renegade +50

#986 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:50 PM

Just thought I would share my experience trying to trade in ME2 yesterday...

I would have informed him that the signature that is required when you trade things in clears him and Gamestop of any legal liability if it were in fact stolen, so it was not his place to say such a thing even if he believed it to be stolen.

Most companies I have worked for have specific policies that prohibit employees from accusing customers of any wrongdoing (even if you are 100% positive and/or witnessed it). I'm sure a call to the DM would lead to some sort of warranted disciplinary measure.

76561197983083270.png

#987 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

I am as well, but I wasn't about to get into an argument with the manager over $4 bucks. Call me a bad CAG, but, I'll just never trade games to that particular store again (it was my first time at this store).

Come to think of it, though, I got hit with a refurb fee on Soul Calibur IV, which was complete. I wish I had noticed that before I left the store or signed my name....there's no reason that should have been given a refurb fee. None at all.

I gotta ask whether or not those sticker residue games were bought at a Gamestop. If they were, I would've raised that point with the manager.

If he still wouldn't relent on the fees the chick tacked on, I would've left.

I know of one specific GS store in my area that really never charges a refurb fee on ANYTHING. Funny part is it's the district manager's 'home office' store. This is the same damn DM who has ordered all the older gen games(SNES, Genesis, etc) snapped in half when all of them didn't sell during the 75% off clearance they were doing on them by the time the company was junking out the rest of them.

He also supposedly put out a mandate(that the other local store about a mile from there follows to the letter) that ANY game without a proper case or manual gets a refurb fee slapped on it.

What you should've done is found the kind of store like I mentioned above(no fees) and get to know the people working there pretty well. Once you do that, you should be set, though with such high turnover rates in retail nothing is forever.:cry:

Trade it in again?:lol:;) That happened to me the one time, but it was with cash though. They gave me back the new selling price for a game when I had returned the used version. Thing is, there was about a $20-30 difference there.

I was 3/4's of the way home by the time I realized the guy gave me wayyyyyy too much.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#988 killer9

killer9

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

lol aslong as he didnt charge u extra

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#989 z24buddy

z24buddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

This reminds me of a situation I saw where a guy brought back a MUA2 disc that they gave him when he bought MUA for Xbox 360 (which is essentially worthless)

#990 malalrd

malalrd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

Wii - Guitar Hero Metallica $7.00 BASE