Photo
- - - - -

GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2968 replies to this topic

#991 triimark6

triimark6

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

you all didn't have to be so blunt about it jeesh

#992 Enclave Soldier

Enclave Soldier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

Does anyone know the trade in value for Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) and Scribblenauts? Send a pm if you know please. :)
Posted Image

#993 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

Does anyone know the trade in value for Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) and Scribblenauts? Send a pm if you know please. :)

Really? Not a pm, but here you go link

#994 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

The guy messed up. It's not your place to feel guilty. Renegade +50

Damn +50? in Me you only get like +2 renegade for not saving brain washed plant zombies.

#995 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

Just so you guys know, I told him and handed it back.

#996 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

That were me - it is an advanced lesson in flipping 101 ;).

My local GS has a policy of charging refurb fees on disc or cart-only games, but I've never heard of getting refurb fees on stickered cases. Given what GS does to every game, anyway, that is ridiculous. Around here it is clearly just a store manager decision because I can go to pretty much any other store when I have disc-only stuff.

Thanks once again for the lesson! :applause: I must say it is one of my favorite things about trading in games to GS/EB because I don't have to waste time removing stickers from old cases with goo gone. I just trade them back in and let them re-sticker over them! :lol:

When I traded in my ME2 yesterday I just gave them the 1 disc in a blank generic case (2nd disc was in a paper sleeve). The clerk saw the disks were perfect and processed the trade. I kept the original case to keep my CE discs in!

Like myself and a number of people have said, those refurb fees they gave you were BS. I'm not saying you should have walked out on the trade for $4, but I definitely would scratch that store from your list of places to trade in games in the future. Also, if you would have brought it up they might have taken the fees off.

If a disc is scratched up to the point where they actually have to send it out to be refurbished then the fees are probably justified, but for sticker residue on a case? Please. You see the garbage they put out there on the shelves. :roll:

Hail to Pitt!

#997 Drizztd9

Drizztd9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

Did some trades today and heres my base TIVs.

Xbox 360
Batman AA = 15.00
Mordern Warfare 2 = 23.00
Dragon Age = 21.25
Red Faction Guerrilla = 4.00
Resident Evil 5 = 6.50
Street Fighter 4 = 3.00
Ghostbusters = 6.00
Dead Space = 6.00

Wii
New Super Mario Bros = 25.00

With promo and Edge i got 175.59. None of the stores in the area got Risen so i gotta go back tomorrow lol.
Posted Image

#998 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

I gotta ask whether or not those sticker residue games were bought at a Gamestop. If they were, I would've raised that point with the manager.

If he still wouldn't relent on the fees the chick tacked on, I would've left.

I know of one specific GS store in my area that really never charges a refurb fee on ANYTHING. Funny part is it's the district manager's 'home office' store. This is the same damn DM who has ordered all the older gen games(SNES, Genesis, etc) snapped in half when all of them didn't sell during the 75% off clearance they were doing on them by the time the company was junking out the rest of them.

He also supposedly put out a mandate(that the other local store about a mile from there follows to the letter) that ANY game without a proper case or manual gets a refurb fee slapped on it.

What you should've done is found the kind of store like I mentioned above(no fees) and get to know the people working there pretty well. Once you do that, you should be set, though with such high turnover rates in retail nothing is forever.:cry:

The stickers were not GS stickers, they were from Blockbuster (Blockbuster forced the game on me during a b1g1 sale a year ago, long story). I always carefully peel the stickers off anyway because they look bad on a shelf, and I like displaying to the world how big of a nerd I am.

And well, this is a Gamestop I frequent a lot, but usually for buying. I've been to a couple midnight launches there, and I tend to stop in at least once a month to browse the used games for anything I may want. I've chalked it up to it being a new employee (and the manager there I've never seen before, either). But, they won't be seeing my trade-ins again!

And wow, a DM made a Gamestop snap old SNES stuff in half?! THINK OF THE GAMING GOODNESS HE RUINED :'(.

#999 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

sometimes i think you only rag on gamestop to sound cool

Yeah, because it's totally cool to do so. :roll:

It's the truth, though. Not all GS' do it, but you're more or less bound to run into quite a few places that'll throw on a refurb fee for absolutely no reason than to just lower the amount you get to keep you from getting too much on a game. Whether it be due to the amount of stock within the store or whatever, it's a BS move that gets pulled every now and then.

#1000 Tinzzman

Tinzzman

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

I dont normally post here, But I come here quite often and have a question about this. I have a bricked 360 and I heard that they take them in? At what pricepoint and does this 50% count towards the hardware or just games? Im about to bring in a few games and if I can, I'd like to get rid of this e74 xbox lol.

#1001 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:38 PM

Stopped in GS today to pre order Battlefield Bad Company 2 with some of the credit I made and the manager told me they had a price increase on hardware trade in for the 360 core unit with wireless controller...up $10 to base TiV of $90.00. Combined with the power trade you now would get $120.00 until 3/14/09 if traded towards a new console...

#1002 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:38 PM

The stickers were not GS stickers, they were from Blockbuster (Blockbuster forced the game on me during a b1g1 sale a year ago, long story). I always carefully peel the stickers off anyway because they look bad on a shelf, and I like displaying to the world how big of a nerd I am.

And well, this is a Gamestop I frequent a lot, but usually for buying. I've been to a couple midnight launches there, and I tend to stop in at least once a month to browse the used games for anything I may want. I've chalked it up to it being a new employee (and the manager there I've never seen before, either). But, they won't be seeing my trade-ins again!

And wow, a DM made a Gamestop snap old SNES stuff in half?! THINK OF THE GAMING GOODNESS HE RUINED :'(.

By the time he put out that order, there was nothing but Madden, Madden and mostly more Madden left across all platforms. So there was no real 'gaming goodness' being obliterated there.;)

As for the Blockbuster stickers, most of their used game stickers peel off pretty easily(if you mean the big ol' price stickers on the front). They're probably the easiest ones to get off completely, followed by the newer Hollywood Video ones, followed by the newer(not the little old square ones)Gamestop ones and so on.

If you're talking about that little strip sticker they put on the back of the case with their own UPC on it for their own inventory, those are easy to get off too if you take your time with them.

Any sticker residue that's left over can usually be taken off by sticking and re-peeling off the stickers you just took off. Just do that quickly on all the residue and it'll take it right off without having to use Goo Gone.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1003 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

I dont normally post here, But I come here quite often and have a question about this. I have a bricked 360 and I heard that they take them in? At what pricepoint and does this 50% count towards the hardware or just games? Im about to bring in a few games and if I can, I'd like to get rid of this e74 xbox lol.

Hardware doesn't count towards it. As for what price point they cut out, it usually depends on the place. I believe some will take it and some won't.

#1004 Tinzzman

Tinzzman

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hardware doesn't count towards it. As for what price point they cut out, it usually depends on the place. I believe some will take it and some won't.

Thank you, I usually dont like calling my local GS there pretty rude and times and often have ignored me completely and hang up, Only one real friendly person there and they are pretty lackluster on anything else. It's still my place to shop cuz I can see the place from my window but ay, what the heck!

I got NHL10,Legends of Mania,SD vs Raw 09,Civ Rev,Army of II and UFC. Should net me Mass Effect 2

#1005 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

RE: Refurb fees

This is the biggest bunch of B.S. Most of the games I get from gamestop.com are full of scratches, missing manuals and artwork etc etc. And countless discs simply didn't play at all. What are those refurb fees going to if I'm getting all these bad discs?

#1006 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

This is the biggest bunch of B.S. Most of the games I get from gamestop.com are full of scratches, missing manuals and artwork etc etc. And countless discs simply didn't play at all. What are those refurb fees going to if I'm getting all these bad discs?

great question, i totally agree
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1007 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

You know, this gets brought up a lot, but I can speak truthfully about it as I used to part time at Gamestop.

Whenever a game is traded in with a refurb fee, the computer automatically deducts the promotions and cost for the trade in value and the computer automatically spits out stickers to send the item back to Gamestop for refurbing.

If a game is scanned for refurbing, it will be shipped back because the label it prints is not scannable for sale... unless the manager is a douche who decides to throw away the printed stickers and print their own stickers on the side... which seems like a lot of work for Gamestop loyalty.

Those shitty discs you see in Gamestop inventory are ones that were accepted without refurb fees because of varying opinions from different employees.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#1008 luminaria

luminaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

Here are the base TIVs from what I traded in this afternoon at GS, as well as some rather interesting news.

PS2 Stuff:
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - $4.00
Capcom vs. SNK 2 - $5.75
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones - $2.25
Dualshock 2 - $3.75
PS2 Slim - $25.00
PS2 Component Video Cable - $2.25
PS2 S-Video Cable - $0.65
PS2 Composite Cable - $2.50
PS2 Memory Card - $2.75
PS2 DVD Remote - $0.65

PS2 Games not accepted:
Maximo Ghosts to Glory
Mobile Light Force 2
Capcom Fighting Evolution

Total credit received with promo and edge: $81.41

Here's what really caught me by surprise; this particular GS no longer accepts for trade or sells Gamecube hardware, accessories, or games. As the bulk of what I wanted to trade were Gamecube games I was pretty disappointed to hear this. Apparently this is something that going on nationwide, according to the store manager that checked me out. Stores that have had a low volume of sales on previous-gen items, most notably Xbox and Gamecube, have been required to return their inventory and can no longer accept them as trade-ins. I was told that a store about 15-20 minutes away still sells Gamecube items so I might drive down at the end of the week.

The 50% bonus program + edge 10% actually makes nearly all of my GCN games worth more at GS than Amazon, and as much of a pain in the ass eBay has become for sellers lately I'm hoping I won't have to go that route.
Posted Image

#1009 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

You know, this gets brought up a lot, but I can speak truthfully about it as I used to part time at Gamestop.

Whenever a game is traded in with a refurb fee, the computer automatically deducts the promotions and cost for the trade in value and the computer automatically spits out stickers to send the item back to Gamestop for refurbing.

If a game is scanned for refurbing, it will be shipped back because the label it prints is not scannable for sale... unless the manager is a douche who decides to throw away the printed stickers and print their own stickers on the side... which seems like a lot of work for Gamestop loyalty.

Those shitty discs you see in Gamestop inventory are ones that were accepted without refurb fees because of varying opinions from different employees.

Hey, thanks for the explanation. That actually makes a lot of sense.

#1010 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

While what you say sound logical, I am pretty sure that stores that are taking refurb fees for ugly cases aren't sending them back to be refurbed.

#1011 Mokilicious

Mokilicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

Here are the base TIVs from what I traded in this afternoon at GS, as well as some rather interesting news.

PS2 Stuff:
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - $4.00
Capcom vs. SNK 2 - $5.75
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones - $2.25
Dualshock 2 - $3.75
PS2 Slim - $25.00
PS2 Component Video Cable - $2.25
PS2 S-Video Cable - $0.65
PS2 Composite Cable - $2.50
PS2 Memory Card - $2.75
PS2 DVD Remote - $0.65

PS2 Games not accepted:
Maximo Ghosts to Glory
Mobile Light Force 2
Capcom Fighting Evolution

Total credit received with promo and edge: $81.41

Here's what really caught me by surprise; this particular GS no longer accepts for trade or sells Gamecube hardware, accessories, or games. As the bulk of what I wanted to trade were Gamecube games I was pretty disappointed to hear this. Apparently this is something that going on nationwide, according to the store manager that checked me out. Stores that have had a low volume of sales on previous-gen items, most notably Xbox and Gamecube, have been required to return their inventory and can no longer accept them as trade-ins. I was told that a store about 15-20 minutes away still sells Gamecube items so I might drive down at the end of the week.

The 50% bonus program + edge 10% actually makes nearly all of my GCN games worth more at GS than Amazon, and as much of a pain in the ass eBay has become for sellers lately I'm hoping I won't have to go that route.

Any idea why they won't accept those? I have a bunch of PS2 games to trade in and they might not accept them.

#1012 Trix

Trix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

Ok, stop at ebgames today and got heavy rain and a used copy of mass effect 2. Traded mass effect 2 for $48 at other store and returned heavy rain at the other store. ( I know lots of traveling ) When returned heavy rain, the guy at the register look at the reciept for 5 minutes, then proceeds to "Opens" the game. I was like WTF?! In my head, as he says, " I have to open it because I don't want be ripped off if there's no disc." And I still have the WTF?! in my head still.

I asked the other guy in store how many times has this happens. And he says, " Not a lot. But it's 'Store policy' so he has to do it." And I'm still puzzled. This is my first flip at gamestop and I always have gone there for years. In the end he gave me credit back but on a New edge card (WTF?). Can anyone see any logic in this?

#1013 blissskr

blissskr

Come on Square

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

Any idea why they won't accept those? I have a bunch of PS2 games to trade in and they might not accept them.

Most likely (ps2 games) were damaged and the refurb fee would be more than the credit gained from trading them in.

#1014 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:29 PM

Ok, stop at ebgames today and got heavy rain and a used copy of mass effect 2. Traded mass effect 2 for $48 at other store and returned heavy rain at the other store. ( I know lots of traveling ) When returned heavy rain, the guy at the register look at the reciept for 5 minutes, then proceeds to "Opens" the game. I was like WTF?! In my head, as he says, " I have to open it because I don't want be ripped off if there's no disc." And I still have the WTF?! in my head still.

I asked the other guy in store how many times has this happens. And he says, " Not a lot. But it's 'Store policy' so he has to do it." And I'm still puzzled. This is my first flip at gamestop and I always have gone there for years. In the end he gave me credit back but on a New edge card (WTF?). Can anyone see any logic in this?

They sell gutted copies as "new" all the time so I'm sure they will do the same with the New game you returned.

Hail to Pitt!

#1015 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

Just did a lunch time run to GS, here is a list with base values

:ps3:
R&C ToD - 7.50
R&C aCiT - 20.25
Dark Sector - 2.50 (glad to be rid of this trash)
Assassins Creed - 8.25
SOCOM Confrontation - 5
Battlefield Bad Company - 5.75

:wii:
de Blob - 4
Battalion Wars 2 - 5

:gc:
Super Mario Sunshine - 6
Paper Mario - 5
LoZ 4 Swords - 4
LoZ Wind Waker - 6
Mario Kart DD - 6
LoZ Twilight Princess - 12
Soul Calibur - 2.50

didnt trade in Resistance for 7 because they wanted to tack on a $2 refurb fee, so I will trade that in later in the week.

#1016 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

If someone buys a new game, opens it takes the game out of the case then reseals it. I mean that plastic coding isn't that hard to put on if you have the right equipment.

Then later on if someone else buys it opens goes home opens it up and it has no disc who are you going to believe? that new game had no disc or thinking the person talking out of his ass?

#1017 bcb4589

bcb4589

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

Just got back from my local GameStop and the tiv on Mass Effect 2 was still $35, so I got $56 again. I don't know if my store is slow to change the price or what but it might be worth checking into to see if it is still at $35 as I know it has been reported at $30 today.
[URL="http://www.giantbomb.com"][/URL]

#1018 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:45 PM

Just got back from my local GameStop and the tiv on Mass Effect 2 was still $35, so I got $56 again. I don't know if my store is slow to change the price or what but it might be worth checking into to see if it is still at $35 as I know it has been reported at $30 today.

Some of the stores that are having computer problems or might have had a transmission error last night sometimes don't get the updates rolled out. If you are in the Evansville area then it was because the mall GameStop's internet connection went down, again, and had to resort to dial up.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1019 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

is there any coupon codes for gamestop.com?

#1020 luminaria

luminaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

Most likely (ps2 games) were damaged and the refurb fee would be more than the credit gained from trading them in.

Actually they were in mint condition with case and manual. They scanned in as having a $0.01 TIV which I was told were not accepted for trade.
Posted Image