Photo
- - - - -

GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2968 replies to this topic

#121 LiquidCrew

LiquidCrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:24 PM

Its base, it's been reported several times.
It will be $47 after promo.

Thanks, I'll have to stop by their on my way home then. I will post up any trade in value prices.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#122 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

Agh you sold it to them for that? I would have bought it for more lol

:wall:

Wow, L4D2 TIV almost doubled from what is in the OP? That is insane. Great TiV on ME2 as well. Hope that holds until tomorrow so I can dump my extra copy. I'll have to go through my trade pile and home and get rid of as much as I can during this deal.

Thanks as always for keeping the thread up to date JP!

Hail to Pitt!

#123 mistrsam

mistrsam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:30 PM

Really appreciated, thanks for telling.

#124 shockblocker

shockblocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

Just got 34.50 for Modern Warfare 2. Figured I'd turn it in before everyone and their brother did the same and dropped the TIV.

#125 Rusty Spoon

Rusty Spoon

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

Was mainly dumping a bunch of junk that didn't qualify for the trade x get y bonus deals... All base values:

Bomberman Land Touch! (DS) $2.00
Picross (DS) $1.50
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360) $0.75
Mirror's Edge (360) $5.50
Call of Duty 4 (360) $5.00
Infinite Undiscovery (360) $5.75
Forza 2 (360) $2.00
Lost Planet (360) $1.75
Grand Theft Auto IV (360) $4.00
Borderlands (360) $23.75

With deal and Edge bonus, grand total $83.24. Not too bad for a bunch of stuff that was just taking up space.

#126 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

I got almost double what i was quoted last week for 4 games. so not bad.But I have always liked my local gamestop and never had a problem with them being pushy about trade ins and etc. and as I do not like base trade ins if you are smart and wait for the sales you can usually get away pretty good.

#127 ev768

ev768

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

Add Georgia to the list of states that don't charge sales tax for purchases made with store credit.

#128 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

Just called. Tekken 6 360 is $20.xx base.

#129 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:46 PM

illinois is among that list also.

#130 io

io

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

^^ You do not pay to ship games to Amazon. It is free and easy as pie (drop off at the UPS store). Also re-read j0dy77's post - it isn't as bad as you make it sound. He says that is just one scenario and the GS deal might be better for others. I'm actually having second thoughts myself on the ME2 trade-in. And of course, if we are talking about trading our own games (as opposed to flipping) the completeness and condition will not be an issue (for Amazon rejection) since all CAGs are meticulous about the conditions of their games - right? ;).

Changing topics: JP, FWIW, you don't pay sales tax on credit purchases in Arizona (for the list).

#131 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

I don't mind people having a bad experience at a specific store and boycotting them for life. I do have a problem with people ostracizing a store like GameStop, but are more than happy to shop at a store like Wal-Mart

are you really that obtuse?

#132 BanetheInsane

BanetheInsane

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:55 PM

Obviously there are good uses for Gamestop Trade in Credit but buying New Releases really isn't one of them. Amazon prices are always lower, tax free and come with gift cards that can actually be used in combination with their low prices -- whereas with Gamestop.com you cannot combine coupon codes (you know, the ones that actually make it worth shopping there) with the gift coupons they give you.

I'm not going to get into the reasons why people dislike Gamestop as a retailer or why Amazon.com is so highly regarded but suffice to say: they have their respective reputations for a reason.

Well then go get your gift card but it's not like it's an instant rebate

Comparing a 10 dollar gift card at Amazon to a 10 dollar coupon at Gamestop.com is like comparing a 10 dollar coupon at a grocery store to a 10 dollar coupon at, well... a store that sells gaming merchandise exclusively at high prices. The vast majority of CAGs will make a purchase from Amazon again in the future, making it 10 dollars in the pocket regardless.

Edited by BanetheInsane, 22 February 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#133 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:55 PM

1) I watched some little kid buy a wii nunchuck for $25 at gamestop once. I wanted to tell him to go somewhere else but that's not my place.

2) Gamestop, like every other retailer in the world, is out to make money. If you can bargain hunt, then $56 (or $52 without edge) at gamestop is better than $34 at Amazon, if you're gonna buy more video games. Gamestop has opportunities for cheap games. You just gotta hit them when it's right. Why be mad at gamestop for trying to make money when you're trying to get games as cheap as possible. After all, that's the dance, isn't it? Shop wherever you want but there's no food for thought. Smart CAGs go where the deals are. It's not our place to protect uninformed consumers or consumers who don't really care.

Shop or do not shop at Gamestop. But the constant complaining about them is pretty stupid, imo.

That being said, JohnDoeHoe is a complete ass so I'm ashamed to somewhat agree with him.

#134 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

idk about all that, as far as buying new titles from them.

i sold the AvP character skins for the 360 this weekend on ebay for 20.50, and I didn't even buy the game.

But as others stated, if it pays you to go somewhere, why wouldnt you?

#135 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

Yea, you have to look at all options as a CAG, if you sit back fold your arms in front of you and say "I won't shop at GS, or I won't trade into Amazon" then you are really selling yourself short. In the end the retailers are trying to make as much money as possible while we are trying to get our games as cheap as possible (as confoosious stated). So put aside your differences about places and try all of them out, comparison shop, trade into different places and use threads like these on CAG and you will find your dollar goes a lot further than if you just decide that you will only buy/trade your games at one online or B&M retailer.

Hail to Pitt!

#136 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

Ah, I get it now, jp made a new thread which led to me not being subscribed to it any more and thinking the other thread was the "official" one. Stop doing that! ;)

Sorry about the confusion. Once we were pretty sure this new promo was coming up, I decided to switch the old thread over to a new one on Saturday. I didn't feel like digging through massive pages of posts. It was getting a little large anyway and trying to build a new thread in the middle of promo, especially one like this, is incredibly annoying.

I've been out of the office all day and just got back. I'll start working on sorting all the TIVs and get an update done sometime this evening. I'll do my best to keep up with things guys, but be patient. Things have went completely crazy at my office and will be like this for the next couple days.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#137 Freeisgood

Freeisgood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

Dude, Im gonna skip this promo and go for teh power trade, yeah.....NOT

#138 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

Yea, you have to look at all options as a CAG, if you sit back fold your arms in front of you and say "I won't shop at GS, or I won't trade into Amazon" then you are really selling yourself short. In the end the retailers are trying to make as much money as possible while we are trying to get our games as cheap as possible (as confoosious stated). So put aside your differences about places and try all of them out, comparison shop, trade into different places and use threads like these on CAG and you will find your dollar goes a lot further than if you just decide that you will only buy/trade your games at one online or B&M retailer.

Exactly.
IMO, it doesn't matter where I get the games (as long as its legal),
as long as they are filthy cheap.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

#139 nekromantix

nekromantix

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

:360: L4D2 29.75
:360: Star Wars Force Unleashed 5.00

Ordered Ultimate Sith Edition from goHastings during the B2G1 for $1 and haven't touched L4D2. Mainly bought it because I found L4D2/L4D on eBay together for $35. Paid off Heavy Rain, and after he said you have a lot of credit, I said I was just waiting for them to get a PS3 in stock. Then he says I think we just got some today, and pointed to several boxes off to the side. :)

Almost didn't go because I was just going to check back in on Wednesday (when another employee told me to come back to see if they got any) and bite the bullet if L4D2 dropped in value between now and then.

Quest to find a PS3 to use my credit on is over finally.

#140 sfariborz

sfariborz

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

No sales tax in Missouri or Kansas.

Traded before bonuses 2/22/10

Tiger Woods 10 Wii - 18.25
Mario Kart DS - 20.00

#141 z24buddy

z24buddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

I don't mind people having a bad experience at a specific store and boycotting them for life. I do have a problem with people ostracizing a store like GameStop, but are more than happy to shop at a store like Wal-Mart

are you really that obtuse?

Obtuse? Woah, hey lets not get geometry involved in this!

Anywho, quit clogging this thread all your bitchin kiddos or I will turn this car right around.... or jp will make you take a time out in the corner or something.
I for one am here to see all the good trades people are gonna make with this offer.

Called on these 2 this morning.
PS3
Uncharted 2 $24.75 Base
R&C Crack in Time $20.25 Base

Which means $72 after promo and edge for just those 2 games!

#142 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:17 PM

Just got back from a B&M here in Clearwater, FL. Traded in a bunch of older launch-ish 360 games since I'm moving more towards PS3. Edgge card expired last year, I never used it, so prices are NOT including 10% Edge. Prices are VERY different from the list on here, so the TIV really dropped!

All 360 Games
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - $4.50 base / $6.75 promo
Elder Scrolls Oblivion - $4.00 base / $6.00 promo
Test Drive Unlimited - $3.75 base / $5.63 promo
Full Auto - $4.25 base / $6.37 promo
Battlefield Bad Company - $7.00 base / $10.50 promo

Total - $35.25

Reserved Battlefield 2: LE and paid cash for the rest.

Not bad for games you can find in the $5 clearance bin some places. I posted one of my pro systems with 20gig HDD and 17 games FS on CL for $250, they were games that weren't worth trading in.

#143 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

If you knew what you did now you probably would've agreed with me from the start.

what the f are you talking about?

#144 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:24 PM

So AC2 TIV would be around 22$?

#145 blissskr

blissskr

Come on Square

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

JP I added them all to the cag database to save you from having to do it.
(- went down + went up)
All base
Ps3
Dragon age-19.25
Dead space-6.00
Call of duty Mw2-23.00
Call of duty Waw-12.75
Bayonetta-24.00 -
Ghostbusters-6.00 -
Quantum of Solace-5.50 +
Turning point: fall of liberty-2.00 +
Lost Odyssey-8.00
After edge and promo I gained 170.40 to my credit total :lol:
:cold:

#146 Pozessed

Pozessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

All PS3
Base/Promo+Edge

Resistance - 7.00/11.20
Mirror's Edge - 6.75/10.81
Pure - 6.00/9.60
Prince of Persia - 5.25/8.39
Fuel - 3.75/6.01
Uncharted - 9.50/15.20
Eternal Sonata - 10.25/16.40

I used Uncharted and Eternal sonata towards my purchase of FFXIII bringing trade in value to 20.95 with edge for Uncharted and 21.02 with edge for Eternal Sonata.

#147 mistrsam

mistrsam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So AC2 TIV would be around 22$?

The AC2 TIV has been quite jumpy lately, if anything you should call first and see what it is at the moment.

#148 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

My wording was off. ECA

No, i'm pretty sure after all we know, you're still wrong. But that's another discussion.

Either way, your response to jody in this thread is pretty evident of how much of an ass you are.

#149 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

I think I'm gonna be trading in the following:

Pikmin (New Play Control!) - Wii
Ford Racing Off Road - Wii
2 Wii Wheels
Uncharted 2 - PS3
Tekken 6 - 360 (If I can get one at Family Video)

#150 unknownthreat

unknownthreat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

2/22 TIV

Mass Effect 2- $35
Bioshock 2- $25

Suprised they didn't lower the me2 tiv. $56 after promo and edge!