Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

WiiGame

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
storm2h.png

The newest Naruto fighter is coming out on PS3 and 360, and boy does it look hot! This game features:

• Over 40 playable characters
  • Online play
  • Destructible environments
  • 1-on-1 fighting action
  • Free-roam mode
  • Japanese voice overs (and most likely the American ones as well)
It comes out Fall 2010 in the US, Canada, Europe, and Japan!

Some links:

The official web site (Japanese) is located at http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ps3_naruto2/

Last edited by a moderator:
im glad theyre making another one hopefully this will be focusd mainly on being a fighter. i hated the story missions of the first game but the fighting was very close to the anime imo. i guess this one will be set in the shippuden universe right? ive been trying to find a copy of the first game at a reasonable price for a while now it seems kind of hard to find.

Ya it's all Shippuden and a fighter like all of the Ultimate Ninja games. Here is a screenshot. Looks good, right!? i am too excited for it! Fall can't come soon enough!

Sakura_vs_Sasori.jpg

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6265903/ (download it; gamespot sucks at streaming)
All Pein modes.
15 hours of gameplay for single player, 25-30 for completionists.
Maybe special online stuff (worldwide online).
Special combo character stuff.
Release date: end of September/early October (we get it before Japan).
Demos coming out for 360 and PS3.

Question: how good/bad am I at this game series? I can beat hard com no sweat but with insane I lose most of the time but get the com down to half a yellow bar?

I'm talking about NUNS1 com btw. Will I be owned online or do ok assuming I/it plays the same.

How far into the manga/anime series does UNS2 go? I keep up with the manga via Shonen Jump magazine. I'm a few issues behind, but I'm up to the point where
the Gokage Summit has finished up and Kisame
gets decapitated by a double lariat from Killer Bee and the Raikage
. How spoilerific will UNS2 be? I'm okay with UNS2 spoiling what's already happened before the point above, but I wouldn't be that thrilled if it defeated the purpose of reading the manga anymore.

It doesn't go that far, it goes up to:

Pain attacks Konoha, attack weakens Tsunade somehow, correct? After that they have the Hokage meeting with Danzo, right? If that's the order it only goes up to seeing pains real body and ending the Pain Arc.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']It doesn't go that far, it goes up to:

Pain attacks Konoha, attack weakens Tsunade somehow, correct? After that they have the Hokage meeting with Danzo, right? If that's the order it only goes up to seeing pains real body and ending the Pain Arc.
[/QUOTE]Awesome! That's right about where I started reading the manga(I've only been following it for a year). This should get me caught up on a lot. Thank you!:D:D:D

Coming here to rant a little, my copy from Amazon with release date delivery showed up empty. No disc or manual. Called my friend and asked how his copy was, he said the disc was floating around in the case, but everything was there. They also lowered the price and didn't change my preorder price or his to reflect that. (the price lowered before it shipped) And also the game is now out of stock on the website so there's likely nothing they can do for me for now.

[quote name='ohram']Coming here to rant a little, my copy from Amazon with release date delivery showed up empty. No disc or manual. Called my friend and asked how his copy was, he said the disc was floating around in the case, but everything was there. They also lowered the price and didn't change my preorder price or his to reflect that. (the price lowered before it shipped) And also the game is now out of stock on the website so there's likely nothing they can do for me for now.[/QUOTE]

chances are youll get a refund and maybe a 10$ gc for your troubles.

[quote name='lokizz']chances are youll get a refund and maybe a 10$ gc for your troubles.[/QUOTE]

Expect a refund by Friday or possibly next week at the latest! Or if you want to make your Amazon Prime account worth while you can wait three-four weeks for us to ship it out again!

Here are my initial impressions for anyone who's interested:

Install time: ~ 10 mins (4.5GB file)
initial playthrough:
bell test with Kakashi
and 3 online multiplayer games.

Storymode

As an avid fan of Naruto, I was very surprised to see some foreshadowing. My guess is that the game will end with the Pain arc.

First the graphics are simply beautiful. This cannot be overstated. Cyberconnect has done a fantastic job with their cell shading as well as the hand drawn maps. Everything has an anime feel but there's still a sense of free roam world. Even the details with non-interactive objects are there.

I quickly changed the language to japanese and haven't been disappointed. The original voices are once again here (english ones too I believe) and the pace keeps up with how fast I read.

The one thing that I found extremely annoying was the confirmation prompt it will bring up over and over again. I understand that there will be new people to the game, but is it really necessary to say "this is a store" everytime I walk into a new store? It also asks you if you want to return to the main menu everytime you save which is also a pain but I'll live.

If you follow the manga or anime, everything (so far) has been consistent with all the arcs. It's been great.

Fighting (online included)
If you've played the first UNS then you know exactly what the fighting plays like. It's fast and furious with a easy to learn yet difficult to master kind of style. All of the animations are just gorgeous with eye popping animations. One thing I wish I saw more of is for is greater combo variation but CC didn't mess with a good thing; and I think it really helps here.

Online speaking my games were generally lag free. A lot of players unlocked characters that I hadn't yet (sage mode Naruto and Kisame) so it was weird watching them pick a question mark. I'm pretty terrible at the fighting too so I lost all my games /fail.

As a note you can see which server your opponent is playing from. I played one guy from the EU and it was awful. Lag spikes then I would die. Screw that.

All in all I'm very happy and can't wait to play more.

I just got Ultimate Ninja 1 last week, as much as I want the sequel...is it still worth keeping the first one? Any advice would be nice!

[quote name='sasuke543']I just got Ultimate Ninja 1 last week, as much as I want the sequel...is it still worth keeping the first one? Any advice would be nice![/QUOTE]

I think that's a personal preference choice. I'm not one for keeping the original if the sequel is equal or better than the original (i.e. uncharted 2 and uncharted).

A lot of people complained about online on the Gamefaqs forums with spammers and only 4 characters being used, but I played 6 matches yesterday and nobody used the supposed "spam" characters. Also, I'm 3 and 3 so far, so as long as I don't go negative in win to loss I'm happy.

Add me if ya want.

I loved UNS1 but I'm going to wait till the price dips a little till I get it since I'm only one in my circle of friends with any interest in it.

For Naruto fans, I got a question. Last time I read Nartuo was when Saskue finally show up after time skip. About how many volume do I have to read to catch up to the game?

[quote name='62t']For Naruto fans, I got a question. Last time I read Nartuo was when Saskue finally show up after time skip. About how many volume do I have to read to catch up to the game?[/QUOTE]I believe the
Pain
Saga(where UNS2 ends) ended somewhere around chapter 430 of the Manga, IIRC.

Got the platinum on Friday night I believe.

Online is this game is addicting. I'm at the skill level where I'm not super good at the game that I crush 99% of the people I play against, but also not bad enough that I lose a lot and have a .2 w/l ratio. (I'm at like .9 w/l right now)

Even when I lose I get them in the red, unless they're those guys I play from GameFAQs, then I get them in the red once in awhile. I always get destroyed by Susanoo online though. =/

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Got the platinum on Friday night I believe.

Online is this game is addicting. I'm at the skill level where I'm not super good at the game that I crush 99% of the people I play against, but also not bad enough that I lose a lot and have a .2 w/l ratio. (I'm at like .9 w/l right now)

Even when I lose I get them in the red, unless they're those guys I play from GameFAQs, then I get them in the red once in awhile. I always get destroyed by Susanoo online though. =/[/QUOTE]

the online is awful. Everyone spams and no one tries to put combos together. It's all about pain support and then making sure your UJ hits. cheese = lame

How long have you been playing? Isn't one of the trophies to get all the titles? including playing 30 times with each character? o_O

[quote name='pogipinoy27']the online is awful. Everyone spams and no one tries to put combos together. It's all about pain support and then making sure your UJ hits. cheese = lame

How long have you been playing? Isn't one of the trophies to get all the titles? including playing 30 times with each character? o_O[/QUOTE]

Meh, you only fight the spammers a lot in the lower ranks since after a while you run into people who can beat the spammers in the higher ranks...and sometimes people who are just better spammers. Deidaras Square combo where he rides on a bird, then air combos is easily beaten by Ninja Moving all the time and just throwing regular shuriken. Rasengan dudes can be caught in a UJ if you have enough chakra or block then grab.

I've been playing for awhile... 32 hours in story mode alone. About 190 online matches, like 94-98, and the 30 character titles I did in free battle. Example Gaara vs Gaara, 10 second time limit, 1 player handicap maxed. Use Gaaras defense lowering thing then use 1 UJ, followed by his Jutsu and you can finish the fight with like 4 or 5 count left, and you only have to do it 15 times if its 1p v 2p both as player X.

I already had all trophies but the 30 character use titles for the All Titles trophy, so I figured I'd just go for it. 30 Character use titles WAS SUPER BORING, but the rest was fun.

bread's done
Back