MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Movies
New Releases

2012>>>>>$16.99 :)br: $19.99)
2012 2-Disc (Includes Digital Copy)>>>>>$24.99

Ponyo>>>>>$17.99 :)br: Includes DVD Version $24.99)
Where the Wild Things Are>>>>>$17.99 :)br: Includes DVD and Digital Copy $26.99)
Gentlemen Broncos>>>>>$19.99 :)br: $29.99)
Curious George 2>>>>>$14.99

Bluray Sale $9.99 ea.

• We Own the Night
  • Resident Evil
  • XXX
$7.99 DVD's (More in-store and online)

• Goodfellas
  • Forrest Gump
  • Departed
  • Top Gun
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
  • Good Morning America
  • Juno
  • Aliens Special Edition
  • Gangs of New York
  • The Usual Suspects
TV Sales

• Rescue Me Season 5, Vol. 1>>>>>$19.99
  • Gossip Girl Season 1>>>>>$22.49
  • Nip Tuck Season 4>>>>>$22.49
  • Weeds Season 4>>>>>$24.99
  • Mad Men Season 2>>>>>$34.99
  • Sopranos Season 6, Part 2>>>>>$39.99
  • :br: Star Trek Season 3>>>>>$39.99
  • Band of Brothers>>>>>$49.99
Music
New Releases

Blake Shelton: Hillbilly Bone>>>>>$6.99
Jason Derülo: Jason Derülo>>>>>$6.99
Easton Corbin: Easton Corbin>>>>>$7.99

Jamie Cullum: The Pursuit>>>>>$9.99 (CD/DVD)
Danny Gokey: My Best Days>>>>>$9.99
DJ Khaled: Victory>>>>>$9.99

Raheem DeVaughn: The Love & War MasterPeace>>>>>$9.99
Lifehouse: Smoke & Mirros>>>>>$9.99 (Deluxe Edt. $11.99)
Various Artists: Almost Alice>>>>>$11.99

Free $5 Best Buy Gift Card with Purchase of any $50 iTunes Card

Finally a $20 release day BD! too bad 2012 seemed horrible..and I can't believe all DVD's aren't $2 yet..still trying to charge $8 each? anybody remember when BB liquidated VHS tapes? that was a site to behold..

and while I'm in here, how come BB weekly ad info never gets stickied? they always end up 2 pages back by the time they're current, but good 'ol Target is always up there..

edit: lol, nevermind, shrike saved the day!

Defiantly picking up 2012 and ponyo at target, BB keeps failing on the BR deals.. the 14.99 pirates were the best ive seen only cause i was able to snag the steelbooks otherwise i would of just got the set for 45 at amazon which would of came out cheaper :)

come on bestbuy step up your game! i miss the CC/BB/Target deals.. the 12.99-14.99 tv deals the 2.99-4.99 dvds :(

[quote name='token2k6']Finally a $20 release day BD! too bad 2012 seemed horrible..and I can't believe all DVD's aren't $2 yet..still trying to charge $8 each? anybody remember when BB liquidated VHS tapes? that was a site to behold..

and while I'm in here, how come BB weekly ad info never gets stickied? they always end up 2 pages back by the time they're current, but good 'ol Target is always up there..

edit: lol, nevermind, shrike saved the day![/QUOTE]I stick them when I see them, and MidnightMetal only posted it last evening.

[quote name='token2k6']Finally a $20 release day BD! too bad 2012 seemed horrible..and I can't believe all DVD's aren't $2 yet..still trying to charge $8 each? anybody remember when BB liquidated VHS tapes? that was a site to behold..[/QUOTE]

Doubt that DVD is going to get liquidated or even dropped to $2 this soon. Remember that there is still a huge market for DVD as a format even with Blu-Ray, internet streaming, etc all being around.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Doubt that DVD is going to get liquidated or even dropped to $2 this soon. Remember that there is still a huge market for DVD as a format even with Blu-Ray, internet streaming, etc all being around.[/QUOTE]

I see tons of people buying DVDs, much more than people buying blu-rays. Those of us that buy blu-rays are actually the minorities.

Star Trek Season 3 on Blu-Ray for $39 is tempting even if that is the worst season of the original series. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='grognard66']Star Trek Season 3 on Blu-Ray for $39 is tempting even if that is the worst season of the original series. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]That's why it's $39. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, they will. The coupon just went live.[/QUOTE]

Well according to Mr. Best Buy guy at Consumer Relations, Best Buy won't accept manufacturer's coupons on sale items, but they will only accept them if the item is at full price.

Target gets my money.

Thanks anyway op!

[quote name='Penguin1084']Well according to Mr. Best Buy guy at Consumer Relations, Best Buy won't accept manufacturer's coupons on sale items, but they will only accept them if the item is at full price.

Target gets my money.

Thanks anyway op![/QUOTE]I've never had any issues with using manufacturer coupons on any items at Best Buy, on sale or otherwise.

Admittedly, Target scans them without any issue at the register from the UPC while Best Buy has to add in a "manufacturer coupon" item manually when they take the coupon, as they won't scan.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Wow looks like Target wins. Ponyo with the coupon and might blind buy WTWA[/QUOTE]

You might want to try check it out before buying. I really like a lot of Miyazaki's films, but Ponyo was .... annoying. It felt exceedingly simplistic and lacked the charm of his other movies.

What bugs me is Best Buy takes coupons as if they were gift cards-- so you get the value post-tax. (I.e., $24.99 movie works out to $27.42, BB takes coupon and charges me $17.42). Target properly takes the coupon off the value pre-tax, so it works out to $16.45. Sure it's "only" $1 but if I have my choice of which vendor policies to support and it's as much trouble to go to either store, Target gets it this time.

I feel tempted to buy Ponyo with a coupon, but I could wait a little while for it to go on sale. The UP bluray was on sale a while ago for $15. But that's about it.

And what's with ponyocoupon.com? It wants my browser to accept third party cookies, which my browser does not.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I feel tempted to buy Ponyo with a coupon, but I could wait a little while for it to go on sale. The UP bluray was on sale a while ago for $15. But that's about it.

And what's with ponyocoupon.com? It wants my browser to accept third party cookies, which my browser does not.[/QUOTE]I believe it's for a third-party cookie from coupons.com, which is the site they used to generate the coupons via the coupon printer application.

[quote name='Justin42']What bugs me is Best Buy takes coupons as if they were gift cards-- so you get the value post-tax. (I.e., $24.99 movie works out to $27.42, BB takes coupon and charges me $17.42). Target properly takes the coupon off the value pre-tax, so it works out to $16.45. Sure it's "only" $1 but if I have my choice of which vendor policies to support and it's as much trouble to go to either store, Target gets it this time.[/QUOTE]

Actually all manufacturer coupons are deducted after final total post-tax, even at Target. If you had previous purchases at Target, check your receipt and it will show that. Only TARGET store issued coupons are deduced pre-tax.

argh, you're right, I misread my receipt from Cloudy... skimmed it too fast, they make it LOOK like it comes out pre-tax but it doesn't, whereas Best Buy shows them after the tax line.

Hrm, maybe Best Buy will get my business afterall.. (and I'm back to being annoyed by manufacturer coupons that get 'skimmed' by taxes)

Ponyo DVD is the sale price above, the Blu is $24.99.
Anyone get the Pirates of the Caribbean movie(s) in steelbook for the $14.99 price? I guess its for the regular version but they sold out of that at my local store.

edit: why does the OP not even have the Pirates sale listed? not to be mean but he has the wrong prices for Ponyo and Wild Things blus (maybe others).

bread's done
Back