Marvel vs Capcom 2 - PS2 *Used* $29.99 + Tax

Too bad it might not guarantee instruction manual or original box. But if you do, that would be pretty awesome find.

Why would you even want it for the PS2/Xbox at this point? >_>;

Besides having a hard copy, of course, the 360/PS3 versions are undeniably superior.

Pretty much worthless at this point. The Xbox and PS2 ports are inferior to the Dreamcast and digital versions and are still more expensive than the digital ones.

Absolutely hilarious how quick the value of an inferior port fell. The Dreamcast port(which I still own) was amazing and you'd think THAT version would be worth more than the PS2 version.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']jeez...

i just got this on my PS3 last night for 1.75[/QUOTE]

How did you score it for $1.75? Already have some PSN credit?

nah, game sharing

was the first time I've ever done it too. HIGHLY recommend you learn about it and get on it. Easily one of the BEST high points of a PS3 hardly anyone (except for some here) know about

I don't enjoy clogging up my PS3 with a bunch of random usernames, so I generally only gameshare with people I know in real life.

Works out decently for me.

[quote name='Donnums']Absolutely hilarious how quick the value of an inferior port fell. The Dreamcast port(which I still own) was amazing and you'd think THAT version would be worth more than the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

Has nothing to do with the quality. The PS2 and Xbox versions had a limited run due to licensing issues. Couple that with the fact that a ton of people have a PS2, while the Deamcast died, and that is why the PS2 version was so expensive prior to the digital releases.

But the Xbox version was just as expensive and it didn't quite touch the PS2 in sales. It's more among the lines of it just being harder to come across due to the limited print and that it's a really popular game. Though I'm sure Donnums was just bringing up the fact that they are inferior ports compared to the DC and digital ports.

I bought 1 to flip to amazon because people are suprisingly still selling it for 59 cheapest without a manual . So hopefully my will atleast come with a case lol

[quote name='Tsukento']Pretty much worthless at this point. The Xbox and PS2 ports are inferior to the Dreamcast and digital versions and are still more expensive than the digital ones.[/QUOTE]

AGREED! I had the Original Xbox version of MvC2 and I bought the Dreamcast version afterwards and the Dreamcast version was better to me.

I sold my PS2 copy for $100 on ebay about a month before the digital version was announced.

it was purely coincidental too >.

[quote name='gshell']AGREED! I had the Original Xbox version of MvC2 and I bought the Dreamcast version afterwards and the Dreamcast version was better to me.[/QUOTE]

Proud to say I still have my DC version -- I admit I like to own hard copies of games and that this whole digital download era doesn't particularly entice me.

For those who don't have a PS3 or 360 and want to play this however, I suppose the PS2/XBX versions are the next best bets. If you're dying for a hard copy though and have some money to spend, I'd highly recommend the DC version instead -- besides, owning a DC opens you up to picking up other titles ;-)

Here is why your favorite games should be considered for hardcopy: how long do you "own" the digital download version? Does anyone know? What happens if that particular service or the game on that service gets pulled and then your machine dies?

I play Ikaruga on my 360, but I'm going to keep the Gamecube version just in case.

bread's done
Back