Pre-order Super Street Fighter IV on Amazon gets you exclusive costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get 15% off with the "hookup" and already have a ton of credit at GS because of the current promo.

wouldn't mind getting free costumes, but it's only a side thing. The PC version has WAY more better costumes

on a side note, didn't capcom say there would be a special reward for people who kept there copies of sf4 when ssf4 came out? did they ever give more details? because it seems like just a lie to make it so people wouldn't trade there copies in (people like me).

[quote name='y2jasper']on a side note, didn't capcom say there would be a special reward for people who kept there copies of sf4 when ssf4 came out? did they ever give more details? because it seems like just a lie to make it so people wouldn't trade there copies in (people like me).[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in this as well, was going to send in my copy of SFIV to Amazon to take off an extra $12 off this. :(

Nevermind, after thinking about it I don't really see any way that it would matter other than some sort of disc check. Bye bye SFIV. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='helmet']I'd be interested in this as well, was going to send in my copy of SFIV to Amazon to take off an extra $12 off this. :(

Nevermind, after thinking about it I don't really see any way that it would matter other than some sort of disc check. Bye bye SFIV. :D[/QUOTE]

damn see your lucky having the ps3 version, xbox one gets $3, it's not even worth it at that price

I read costume and for some reason thought Halloween costume. My hopes of shopping at Walmart in a Street Fighter costume were dashed upon reading the page. :(

[quote name='Snirandone']I'm still waiting for my Uncharted 2 treasure map.[/QUOTE]
That thing was useless. It was a totally separate "game" on the ps3 menu that would show you a video of where the treasure was. Then you;d have to remember that for when you got to the treasure once you backed out of that. opened the game, and played it to that point. That is why we have youtube.

I agree Capcom should be putting all alternate costumes in the game. They should be unlockables just like in the good old days. Truly this is the age of companies milking DLC.:cry:

id say you REALLY have to be into a specific character to pay for extra costumes.

I bought one of the packs on the 360 (smaller ones), then wound up never using those costumes, or the characters that much

I ditched my SFIV just after this one was announced, but I left the game data on my PS3 on the off chance that that's what they use to see if you own the original or not. :p

I'll be using some of the credits that I'm getting for preordering other games from Amazon towards this. Free costumes will just be a bonus. ;)

costumes are a must-buy for any fans that play this game. i honestly can't play any other game over and again like sf4... so seeing alt versions of characters are a good change...

OP: The bonus is a five-costume pack, one of many. Pre-ordering gets it for you for free, after that it will be available as paid DLC without doubt.
So it isn't really exclusive, but it is a nice bonus if you are going to buy the game anyway.

Capcom can suck my nuts. Another fucking costume pack? Isn't it enough that you charged for costumes on day one of the games release? Just give the fans the fucking costumes already. Jesus christ... $60 when the game first comes out and $5 costume packs I believe it was... And now $40 for a rerelease with ONE of FIVE costume packs?

If GameStop doesn't get something like this, I'm canceling my preorder there and going to Amazon.
(Only reason I bought it at GameStop was because I had credit. GameStop sucks.)

[quote name='DarkRider23']Capcom can suck my nuts. Another fucking costume pack? Isn't it enough that you charged for costumes on day one of the games release? Just give the fans the fucking costumes already. Jesus christ... $60 when the game first comes out and $5 costume packs I believe it was... And now $40 for a rerelease with ONE of FIVE costume packs?[/QUOTE]

Original SF4 was like that too. They later released a full costume pack that was actually cheaper than if you bought the packs separately when the game was released.

Still lame.

I smell future dlc!!

Seriously I thought SFIV was amazing, but for some reason Capcom thinks this is the SNES and can just release newer titles with Super attached to it and subtitles for future releases. There's too many great games coming out, 40 bucks is a great deal, but seeing that and seeing how titles usually get a pricedrop from amazon sooner or later... I think I'll just wait.

According to Capcom's site blog they call it a:
"pre-order timed-exclusive "Super Classic Costume" pack"
So they'll be out later. I recall seeing on their Japanese blog (translation) that this pack of costumes would be free there until Julyu. US will probably get these as DLC around then too.

I bet they will roll the packs out weekly and not have an all-in-one discounted pack until months later like they did before. Giving one pack out for pre-orders seems like a sneaky way to get people to buy them individually at a higher cost then wait til an all-in-one pack.

[quote name='defmonkey05']I smell future dlc!!

Seriously I thought SFIV was amazing, but for some reason Capcom thinks this is the SNES and can just release newer titles with Super attached to it and subtitles for future releases. There's too many great games coming out, 40 bucks is a great deal, but seeing that and seeing how titles usually get a pricedrop from amazon sooner or later... I think I'll just wait.[/QUOTE]

I got burned buying the Collector's Edition of SFIV, only to have a Super version of this game released about a year later. At best, Capcom will get my $20 when this game hits the bargain bin!

Capcom strategy seems to revolve around re-releasing games with a little extra content instead of actually creating new games.

I'm saving my money for new experiences like Bioshock 2, Alan Wake, God of War 3 and the like. Capcom can suck my ballzzz!

[quote name='defmonkey05']I smell future dlc!!

Seriously I thought SFIV was amazing, but for some reason Capcom thinks this is the SNES and can just release newer titles with Super attached to it and subtitles for future releases. There's too many great games coming out, 40 bucks is a great deal, but seeing that and seeing how titles usually get a pricedrop from amazon sooner or later... I think I'll just wait.[/QUOTE]

the thing about fighting games is that you get soooo much more value out of them than most other games.

i have nearly 175 hours logged on SFIV -- capcom can have my money.

I had this on pre-order for a while now. Nice bonus, but too bad it's for the majority of characters I don't really use. Eventually, there will be a complete package for all of the costumes at a much cheaper price like with SFIV. It's too bad that will be months down the road when the hype of the game is waning.

[quote name='panzerfaust']the thing about fighting games is that you get soooo much more value out of them than most other games.

i have nearly 175 hours logged on SFIV -- capcom can have my money.[/QUOTE]

True, there's always the mastering the characters you use and creating your own combo's and whatnot.

I see that its 40 on gamestop as well and have that 10 buck off future purchase from getting darksiders, so I might jump on it... Might lol.

[quote name='defmonkey05']True, there's always the mastering the characters you use and creating your own combo's and whatnot.

I see that its 40 on gamestop as well and have that 10 buck off future purchase from getting darksiders, so I might jump on it... Might lol.[/QUOTE]

it's all about it being competitive, it keeps the game feeling fresh for a long time.

i played Starcraft for 11 years for the same reason.

[quote name='panzerfaust']the thing about fighting games is that you get soooo much more value out of them than most other games.

i have nearly 175 hours logged on SFIV -- capcom can have my money.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I would be perfectly fine with Capcom releasing another SF title every year with balancing tweaks and extra characters. They've never let me down in the past when it comes to their 2d fighters. Well, except for Capcom Fighting Jams, but I think we can all agree that thing is best left forgotten.

I still don't agree with you that linear rpgs are a good thing though. lol.

By the way, how much are you guys getting for your SF4 copies at GS?

[quote name='trogoldito']I feel the same way. I would be perfectly fine with Capcom releasing another SF title every year with balancing tweaks and extra characters. They've never let me down in the past when it comes to their 2d fighters. Well, except for Capcom Fighting Jams, but I think we can all agree that thing is best left forgotten.

I still don't agree with you that linear rpgs are a good thing though. lol.

By the way, how much are you guys getting for you SF4 copies at GS?[/QUOTE]

think the base value has been $3 lately, might as well keep it and see if we really do get something extra for having it like capcom said we would.

and linear or non linear rpgs is really a matter of tase, i enjoy both.

Nice, another pre-order bonus I can sell on Ebay. Hope we get the codes before they're available for purchase so I can overcharge for it, happy to save another $5 or so on the game.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Capcom can suck my nuts. Another fucking costume pack?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And this is just the beginning, I'm sure we'll be getting a bunch more, probably at the same ridiculous prices as SFIV's were.

[quote name='LostRoad']People are already bitching about dlc that hasn't even been announced yet? Awesome.[/QUOTE]
You're clueless if you don't already know what is going to happen. First one's free, then they charge you for the rest. And most likely, at the end they'll roll them all into one package at a discount just to REALLY annoy anyone who bought the individual packs.

[quote name='Snirandone']I'm still waiting for my Uncharted 2 treasure map.[/QUOTE]

I got that, but am still waiting on the Tekken 6 exclusive costume.

You guys complaining about this being a just an upgrade, it's not just SF4 with a few new features, it has enough new stuff that the price would be justified even if it was just DLC.

I hope amazon does release date delivery.

I just love that after all this time people are still using the "Thos should have been DLC" argument in reference to the game as a whole. They weren't going to put in 10 new characters, a handful of new modes and bonuses, plus all these new costumes all for download. I agree paying for costumes is ridiculous and I hope more preorder bonuses like this can cover that, but please don't whine about the whole package needing to be DLC. It's a tired argument no one listens to anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back