Northern Illinois University (DeKalb)

MisterMusic67

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
I envision this thread providing information on cheap games and other such deals in or near DeKalb, Illinois.

Not much goes on here, so I theorize the surrounding areas, like Elgin, Naperville, Aurora, St Charles, Rockford, and the like would be a god area to represent.

Not quite Chicago, but not quite unknown, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, barely. Been here for 10 years, and I'm still doing the same things around town that I was in 4th grade.

Yes, though, there is more.

You just have to know where to find it.

Especially when it's soooo cold like this. :cold::cold:

I lived in Hampshire for 5 years. NIU was my parents' alma-mater, and I've gone to several basketball and football games. They have a pretty cool anime club as well.

Well, when drinking, and depending on how said weight is worn....this is not a negative. My brother went to NIU. We saw Motorhead at Otto's a few + years back. Morbid Angel opened. Great, great show. It was waaaaay too loud, though. After it ended, we got in my brother's car. He turned on the radio which was playing the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It sounded like the Muppets with someone scratching a record behind it. The beers were 2 or 3 bucks, though. That was a good day. Night. Whatever.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']There's more to DeKalb than the rest area on the I-88 toll?

:D[/QUOTE]

LOL, haha theres also Lord Stanley's and Otto's, I was just out there not too long ago to see Local H. Love the town, wouldn't like to live there though.

hate NIU. went there for 2 years.

Still play shows at the house though. Only legit thing besides the 24/7 walmart ;)

I'm going to get my masters in the science of Accounting there. Kind of sucks since it's a flipping hour or more from where I live (each way). I just don't think I could live out there. However I do want a degree from that school...It's shockingly a very good and affordable school to learn accounting. You get some decent credentials for auditing just by graduating with a financial accounting degree.

bread's done
Back