Xbox 360 Gearfest: Controllers $30-$40 and More at Amazon

My left thumbstick on both my controllers is just constantly going forward. Really fucking annoying. Anyone know if some controllers are less prone to this? I have a white controller and a halo 3 console controller and they're both garbage.

[quote name='genfuyung']My left thumbstick on both my controllers is just constantly going forward. Really fucking annoying. Anyone know if some controllers are less prone to this? I have a white controller and a halo 3 console controller and they're both garbage.[/QUOTE]

I've had a wireless white controller since I got it at launch and it still works perfectly, so maybe you got a defective one?

[quote name='SNESimon']I've had a wireless white controller since I got it at launch and it still works perfectly, so maybe you got a defective one?[/QUOTE]
Maybe, idk. Both my controllers are doing it though. I think it may be a side effect of playing so much MW2 and constantly holding up on the the left stick. The green one that came with the system died quick (Nevermind the fact the headset never worked) and then the white one I've had since launch was fine until I started using it to play MW2 a month or so ago and now its done too. The arcade pack looks like a good deal to me. I already have bomberman so the problems with that not working dont bother me.

[quote name='genfuyung']My left thumbstick on both my controllers is just constantly going forward. Really fucking annoying. Anyone know if some controllers are less prone to this? I have a white controller and a halo 3 console controller and they're both garbage.[/QUOTE]

The left stick gets stuck, right? The same thing happened to three of my 360 controllers now that I think about it. Two are wireless and one is wired. I have a black 360 controller that's somewhat old but I haven't had any issues with it so far....

I think all controllers have that problem, the black one that came with my elite goes towards the right while the red one goes to the left not to mention the X and B button are somewhat getting stuck

Another widespread problem with microsoft hardware eh? That's craziness. Oh well, not really any other option other than buying another one. At least they aren't 60 dollars anymore.

Anyone have any issues where your wireless headset works with some controllers while it doesn't work with others? The wireless headset occupies the same quarter of the ring as the controller you're using it on. For some reason, it won't work with one of my red controllers. When the red controller occupies the first quartet, I can connect the headset to quartets 2, 3, and 4, but not 1. I do not have this issue with my other controllers.

My red one's right thumbstick press in(r3) doesn't work. Instead, it goes off when you press the guide button(though the guide button works fine as well, other than that side effect). Kind of pissing me off, especially since I like the d-pad more than the white that came with my system.

I looked at the amazon comments for the red one and is it really true that the red controller has the improved 8-way d-pad? I heard that only some limited edition mint green one had it but do other colors have it too? I'd go for a red one if it had the better d-pad on it.

Oh man, I thought this was just me. It's been driving me nuts. However the weird thing is it only happens to me on Bioware games (DA and ME2)

The 360 Wireless Controller For Windows is also on sale for $39.99. This is nice because it's the regular white controller plus the wireless receiver for PC that is no longer available separately. The MSRP for that is $59.99, so it's a good deal now. I'm thinking about picking one up.

And no, the D-Pad for all current 360 controllers are the same. There was a green controller in Europe that had an improved D-Pad, but it never made the States.

Crap, I just ordered one 2 days ago for$36.99 and it says it shipped already but hasn't arrived. I e-mailed amazon about a reimbursment. Will it happen ?

The white controllers I have work flawlessly while the red ones I have are prone to have weak battery packs or something because they never hold a charge for very long. Also the red ones are only sold in a pack with the battery pack outside of the one that came with the RE5 console. I would recommend any color over the red simply due to the faulty battery packs.

my red one constantly drifts to the left on games with low dead zones like tropico 3 and mass effect 2. I bought a replacement last week.. shit.

[quote name='Decker']The 360 Wireless Controller For Windows is also on sale for $39.99. This is nice because it's the regular white controller plus the wireless receiver for PC that is no longer available separately. The MSRP for that is $59.99, so it's a good deal now. I'm thinking about picking one up.

And no, the D-Pad for all current 360 controllers are the same. There was a green controller in Europe that had an improved D-Pad, but it never made the States.[/QUOTE]

I was about to ask if they worked on PC. Thanks for the info Decker!:bouncy::bouncy:

EDIT: Is this a pricedrop or a short term sale? Anyone know?

[quote name='evophile']Oh man, I thought this was just me. It's been driving me nuts. However the weird thing is it only happens to me on Bioware games (DA and ME2)[/QUOTE]
How annoying is that shit in DA? It automatically cancels spells if you move so playing a mage is a nightmare. It does seem more sensitive in Bioware games but it also happens for me in online shooters. Which is a huge problem.

Sucks for the red controllers, Was $38 the cheapest for that arcade pack ? I could've swore, it went lower than that.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']I was about to ask if they worked on PC. Thanks for the info Decker!:bouncy::bouncy:

EDIT: Is this a pricedrop or a short term sale? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

You could also use the wired controller for $27 if you want to save a little more money and don't need a wireless option.

It would appear this is a temporary sale. That wireless Windows controller was $10 more yesterday.

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']The white controllers I have work flawlessly while the red ones I have are prone to have weak battery packs or something because they never hold a charge for very long. Also the red ones are only sold in a pack with the battery pack outside of the one that came with the RE5 console. I would recommend any color over the red simply due to the faulty battery packs.[/QUOTE]

ive had a red one since june and had no issues at all...the battery is actually better than the white one i had prior to it

If you are having a problem with your analog stick drifting, try to rubberband the analog stick overnight in the opposite direction. Ive done this on older controllers with great success. This as well as learning inside maintenance on your controllers could save you a lot of money in the long run.

Amazon is selling select Xbox360 accessories for 40% (some even more).

Now is the best time to get an Xbox360 HDMI cable. It's only $24.

Link

[quote name='tagout']$24 for an HDMI cable is a deal? lol[/QUOTE]

I lol'ed at that too. But the $29.99 wireless controller is pretty decent. Sears and Best Buy are putting it on sale at $39.99.

The sad thing is if you want to use an optical cable and HDMI you'll either need to modify the component cable which still causes issues (such as switching channels while the 360 is using HDMI causes the system to restart) or buy one of the official HDMI kits or a knock off (I personally don't trust knock off accessories).

I'm torn on whether to buy that red controller w/ play and charge kit or not. On one hand I need more controllers, and rechargeable battery packs save money. On the other hand I need more controllers because my old ones broke because Microsoft is apparently incapable of making a piece of hardware that isn't a giant piece of shit prone to one problem after another.

[quote name='BMA']If you are having a problem with your analog stick drifting, try to rubberband the analog stick overnight in the opposite direction. Ive done this on older controllers with great success. This as well as learning inside maintenance on your controllers could save you a lot of money in the long run.[/QUOTE]

I went to check my red controller, it's r3 button doesn't work and instead the guide button does both it's function AND r3(wtf?), but ALL of the face buttons are...soft and/or sticky. The hell, it's just been sitting on the shelf for like 2 or 3 months, why does it absolutely SUCK now?

Uhm anyway, what do you need to buy to actually open a 360 controller to clean/look at it? I figure it'd be cheaper than buying a new one.

The official "HDMI cable" also includes the audio break-out cable (RCA stereo output and optical output). This is the only way to get separate audio while using HDMI without hacking up one of the other cables.

The Elite consoles came with the HDMI cable + audio output cable until the price drop in 2009. The $24 is a good deal if you want/need the separate audio output and want to buy this new.

[quote name='Vortextk']Uhm anyway, what do you need to buy to actually open a 360 controller to clean/look at it? I figure it'd be cheaper than buying a new one.[/QUOTE]A regular Philips screwdriver will open it up, though you might need a really small one (eyeglass repair kit).

For those of you (like me) buying the "Xbox 360 Arcade Play Wireless Controller Gaming Pack" for 37.99, make sure you know that 3 of the 4 games it comes with are disc-based (aka you have to have the disc inserted to play them).

Only one, Ms. Pac-Man, is a download code. On top of that, to play Bomberman, it requires a title update that breaks the ability to play it from the disc--Live will want you to pay 800 MSP for it.

It's still a good deal, just not as good as the $29.99 controllers.

Maybe GameStop will give you something for the disc, who knows. :p

I've had a white one since june 2006 that has the sloppiest joystick; whenever you move it to a side and release it will stay in that position. I'm pretty sure that it's just due to excessive use.

I ordered a black one with play and charge for 39.99. I almost bought one without the kit at best buy yesterday for 39.99 on sale. Im glad I held off Its a play and charge kit for free.

My dog likes to eat my controller, the damn left bumper is all mangled almost died at the end of Bioshock 2 last night trying to switch Plasmids and it wouldnt register. I have never had a problem with controllers except for my Labrador eating them.

I've got four wireless controllers and all four have a problem with either the left or right analog stick tracking to a various direction. The most heavily used one just developed the problem, so I could say that was due to excessive use, but three of them had the problem straight out of the package. They weren't returned because they were rewards from the Microsoft Club Bing (or whatever it was called) game a couple years ago.

Note on the arcade pack + controller thing - apparently Bomberman Live doesn't work. Some people have been able to get MS to give them 800 points to download it, but it requires a lengthy phone conversation. Read the Amazon reviews.

I feel really lucky after reading this thread. I have four Xbox 360 controllers, and haven't had a problem with any of them! Two of them are heavily used, too, probably with 300 hours logged on each.

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']--stuff--> On top of that, to play Bomberman, it requires a title update that breaks the ability to play it from the disc--Live will want you to pay 800 MSP for it.---- stuff --->
[/QUOTE]

Microsoft will give you a code for Bomberman if you write them, although I'm not entirely sure how they prove you have it, etc. I've just heard multiple reports of them giving out replacement codes for D/L for Bomberman.

Well early in the morning I ordered 2 wired controllers...My experience with the wireless has been a hassle, and since my kids do the most playtime, and keep dropping them off...I 'd rather have those ones...For some reason the charging in the wireless controllers is a problem,so wired is ok.

bread's done
Back