Steam - Virtua Tennis 2009 - 75% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
header.jpg

If you've been waiting on a sale on a PC tennis game: Until March 8, you can grab Virtua Tennis 2009 for $7.50 (75% off)

Metacritic (68)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this game has gotten mediocre reviews at best, but I love the VT franchise, and have been looking for a deal on the PC version of 2009. Thanks, OP!

I wonder if they're going to retire the game from Steam after this sale like they did with Outrun 2006.

I didn't even notice they discontinued Outrun 2006. Can you still continue to download Outrun 2006 off Steam's servers if you delete it?

I paid my $2.50 for Outrun 2006, I want to keep it.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I didn't even notice they discontinued Outrun 2006. Can you still continue to download Outrun 2006 off Steam's servers if you delete it?[/QUOTE]

Of course. They just can't sell it anymore.

I'm almost entirely sure that the reason OutRun is no longer available for purchase, is because Sega's licenses for some of the real-world corporate logos on the in-game billboards probably expired, and they're too lazy (or somehow unable) to go and remove them.

Seeing as VT2009 is only a few months old, I don't think the licenses will be expiring so soon, so, I wouldn't worry about it disappearing after this sale, or whatever.

If both those places are selling it still then most likely D2D and GG both bought a certain amount of licenses for the game from Sega. When they run out they won't get more if it's really about some corp. logos in the game. Steam probably just ran out of licenses so they can't sell it any more. Though if I bought Outrun 2006 I would use the back up option on the game and keep a local copy available.

If Virtua Tennis is anything like the version on PS3 (Virtual Tennis 3), then I have to say that it is INCREDIBLE. One of the best tennis games I've ever played, and the mini-games have always been a HIT with my party guests: male or female, gamer or not, etc.

Does anyone think this game is equal to or better than Top Spin or Virtua Tennis 3? Many of the reader reviews I've seen indicate those are superior games to VT2009.

I heard 2009 is basically an updated VT3.

However I don't know how the game plays on PC, I'm sure a gamepad is a must too.

bread's done
Back