Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Game of Thrones Season 4 discussion thread - Renewed for 5th & 6th seasons!

• Please log in to reply
1795 replies to this topic

#901 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Sometimes I wonder if the book is just written so well or if the writers on the show are that good. Every jab from Tyrion is just so fulfilling it makes me sad when we move on to another scene. At least things are finally falling into place and feels like its building up steam to something epic.

I haven't read books in years, but after this show is done I'll have to get a set of these.

#902 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Best way I can describe it is that Tyrion wields words like some characters in the series wield their swords. He's sharp, precise, and deliberate.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#903 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Though someone might like this wallpaper.

http://coolwallpaper...rones/1920x1200

Might want to let people know next time it autodownloads the background.
Posted Image

#904 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Only if you have it set to auto download in your browser of choice. ;)
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#905 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

I will have to check the setting in Chrome. I did not know it was set to auto download.
Posted Image

#906 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

lol there isn't a single redeemable quality about the Greyjoys. I hope they end up on the bottom of the sea.

UjCoyFa.png

#907 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

tyrion is the one thing that consistently makes the show worth watching. all the other interesting stories all feel like theyre on pause and now the little girls is going in reverse lol. its hard to wait for the big payoff but i hope itll be stretched out over many episodes and not just one mega mind blowing last episode. titty totals were very low.

so i take it the one girl will eventually be reunited with her wolf somehow yeah?

#908 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

lol there isn't a single redeemable quality about the Greyjoys. I hope they end up on the bottom of the sea.

Believe me, Theon doesn't many happy days ahead of him.

#909 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Still an amazing series. Tyrion is an awesome character. I can't wait to see what happens next. This show is starting to surpass Breaking Bad as the best on TV right now imho. It's also holding viewers and is a juggernaut on Sunday nights.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#910 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

its the perfect water cooler show you dont get too many of those these days.

#911 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

I wonder if last night's episode will turn off some of the more vanilla fans out there. I did wonder how the shadow being born was going to be shown and now that is has been down now feel like some folks may just not like the graphicness, strangeness, or magicalness of it.

#912 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

That whole scene was a big WTF. All I can do is wait and see what happens.

#913 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

I wonder if last night's episode will turn off some of the more vanilla fans out there. I did wonder how the shadow being born was going to be shown and now that is has been down now feel like some folks may just not like the graphicness, strangeness, or magicalness of it.

If anything, the scene was even creepier than described in the book. I thought it was great, and Davos' reaction was brilliant.

I thought it was a very good ep overall. The only scene I didn't like was the Joffrey-Ros one:
Spoiler

33126.png

#914 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

When that scene happened my jaw hit the floor, but in a good way. I thought it was creepy and very well acted and animated.

#915 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

If anything, the scene was even creepier than described in the book. I thought it was great, and Davos' reaction was brilliant.

I thought it was a very good ep overall. The only scene I didn't like was the Joffrey-Ros one:

Spoiler

The Joffrey scene repulsed me, which I think is the point. It's all leading to a showdown between Joffrey and Tyrion.

#916 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

a little OT but is anyone else getting the GoT game for the art book?

---

I haven't read the books but if Joffrey wins in a showdown with Tyrion, that would ruin it for me.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#917 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Joff in this show does seem turned up to 11. He's a little spoiled brat in the books, and certainly loves toying with and torturing people, but he's sadistic little bastard in this show. The shadow birth scene, I don't know. It certainly had the creepiness down, I guess when I read that scene from Clash of Kings I just didn't really try to picture it in my mind. Seeing it on screen just had me kind of awestruck.

#918 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#919 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

I kind of pictured the shadow scene like Kif giving birth in Futurama, with lots of squishy sounds, and then black liquid all over the place. I can't remember much from the first two books, but outside of the stuff with Daenerys, isn't that scene one of the first instances of magic being directly deployed in the books? I seem to remember little supernatural stuff before that happened, but it's been so long since.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#920 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

33126.png

#921 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

I kind of pictured the shadow scene like Kif giving birth in Futurama, with lots of squishy sounds, and then black liquid all over the place. I can't remember much from the first two books, but outside of the stuff with Daenerys, isn't that scene one of the first instances of magic being directly deployed in the books? I seem to remember little supernatural stuff before that happened, but it's been so long since.

It's probably the most overt use of magic in the books, aside from
Spoiler
I can't really think of any others aside from the stuff with Dany.

edit- Oh and The Others of course.

#922 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

It's probably the most overt use of magic in the books, aside from

Spoiler
I can't really think of any others aside from the stuff with Dany.

Spoiler

33126.png

#923 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Oh yeah I did forget the wargs, I guess there's a fair amount of magic really. It's just not D&D style magic, nobody throwing fireballs or something.

#924 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Is it safe to read book 1 yet?

#925 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

Is it safe to read book 1 yet?

Assuming you mean that you were waiting until it had all be covered in the show, then yes.

33126.png

#926 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Spoiler
lol. glad to see the elder lannister will be in the coming episodes ive liked that guy since something wicked this way comes hes a freakin awesome actor. gotta give props to the dragon tramp too that was a fucking cool speech she gave. question though what is it dragons need to eat to get stronger? im guessing its people.

#927 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

question though what is it dragons need to eat to get stronger? im guessing its people.

Dragon Wheaties.

33126.png

#928 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Assuming you mean that you were waiting until it had all be covered in the show, then yes.

yep. I'm a little afraid I won't be able to stop once I start book 1 though.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#929 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

yep. I'm a little afraid I won't be able to stop once I start book 1 though.

You should be. The books are pretty addictive.

If it helps, I don't think having read the books has diminished my enjoyment of the show at all.

33126.png

#930 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler