Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/14/10 to 3/20/10)

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#31 ShallowDepths

ShallowDepths

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

I have God of War III pre-ordered with Amazon for $56.99 w/$10 VG credit ($46.99 after credit). This would be $44.10 after counting the GC. I am Prime so I get free release day shipping from AMZ so getting it day 1 is not a factor. Plus I just now beat GOW1 so I won't be playing it right away.

Maybe after the BF:BC2 error I took advantage of I owe it to TRU to buy GOW3 there.

Or to PM at BB and get reward zone points. I wonder if PMing would stack with their bonus reward zone points. I also pre-ordered it from BB to get the God Of War Collection $10 off but was not going to buy it there since it was full MSRP plus tax. I tried to return the GOW3 pre-order but since it was a package deal it would not let me return just the pre-order. It was still only $25 for the collection so I was just going to eat the $5 for the pre-order. So now, PM at BB to get $20 GC, my $5 pre-order credit, PLUS the bonus points (500 regular = $10). Sounds like $29.10 after tax by my calculation. Not to mention the reward zone points I will accrue.

Sounds like I will be at BB early on the 16th.

Price matching doesn't work for gift-card add-ons. Best Buy will only price match a PRICE - not a bonus gift card add on, not a "buy 2 get one free" etc... I've actually gotten in fights with 3 manager's over this now (At 3 different best buy's between NY and WI) Good Luck though - if they honor it, let me know. It's more ammunition for any future argument i may have on them.

#32 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

Tempted to get the Pokemon games but no figurines. :(

Just do what I did, reserve both versions at Target for a $1 each and get both figures. If you buy the game in the first week you get a $5 gift card. If you find a better deal elsewhere jump on it. You still have both figures for only $2.8-)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#33 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

You don't have a lunch hour?

Not a long enough one to take the 25-30 minute-each-way (assuming no traffic issues) drive to Toys R Us and back. There's not one near my office.

#34 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

Ok when they say Buy 1 DS game get 1 $10 off -- I'm reading that as you need to buy a second game. Could you clarify OP?

How is "buy 1 get 1 $10 off" not clear? Both TRU and Best Buy have done this kind of offer many times before. Yes, you need to buy two games.

#35 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

Questions for Pokemon fans/collectors:

• Free Pokemon Power Bundle with purchase of Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver games. Power Bundle includes: HeartGold & SoulSilver Basics Set, T-shirt, & $5 Gift Card
  • Free $20 gift card and Pokemon Essenitals Kit with purchase of DS Lite or DSi system
If you buy both HeartGold and SoulSilver, you get two sets Power Bundle? Or just limited to one? If i have to decide which one to get, which one is more popular (HeartGold or SoulSilver)? Sorry, i know very little about Pokemon. Now, the question of T-shirts, you get to choose your size or it's just one size? Do they even have adult sizes :lol:? Finally, what the heck is the basics set means?

Onto the next Pokemon item, what is the Essentials Kit? Can you buy it separately? If so, how much? I just want to know if you're getting a good deal on the DS/DSi or not...

Thanks!

#36 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

Price matching doesn't work for gift-card add-ons. Best Buy will only price match a PRICE - not a bonus gift card add on, not a "buy 2 get one free" etc... I've actually gotten in fights with 3 manager's over this now (At 3 different best buy's between NY and WI) Good Luck though - if they honor it, let me know. It's more ammunition for any future argument i may have on them.

This is usually the case, and it might even be written into their store policy (I'm not sure), but just recently I've had luck getting them to match gc deals. I think it tends to be YMMV depending on the employee you deal with. I've also had arguments with managers over this, but when I tried to get them to match a TRU gc deal for Bayonetta, a very nice girl working in the customer service area did it for me, no problem. She didn't give me a gc, just took $20 off the price of the game.

I still have an unused BB gc or two from Christmas, so I think I'll give it a shot again.
Posted Image

#37 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

Actually, it is possible to get BB to price match GC deals. There was a discussion on this when TRU had a $20 GC with Dante's Inferno. Their store policy online says they do it so if you print it out, your chances are good.

#38 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

I've updated the original post with a link to the online product page for the Pokemon Essenitals Kit and an item number and description of the HeartGold & SoulSilver Basics Kit. The latter is not a product TRU carries online, so I apologize for not having more info on that one.

#39 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

I've updated the original post with a link to the online product page for the Pokemon Essenitals Kit and an item number and description of the HeartGold & SoulSilver Basics Kit. The latter is not a product TRU carries online, so I apologize for not having more info on that one.

Thanks! New link and decription were very helpful! Another question, the ad is showing the regular or limited edition of HearGold and SoulSilver Pokemon games? I'm assuming the regular edition... Does anybody know TRU carry the Limited edition as well?

#40 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

TRU usually carries the limited editons but from my experience, the various promotions are usually just applied to the regular versions (at least for the online side of things... and I can't tell you how much I wish that weren't the case). The flier only shows the regular versions.

#41 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

Thanks! New link and decription were very helpful! Another question, the ad is showing the regular or limited edition of HearGold and SoulSilver Pokemon games? I'm assuming the regular edition... Does anybody know TRU carry the Limited edition as well?

I have never seen a limited edition of the Pokemon games. How is it different?

#42 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

I have never seen a limited edition of the Pokemon games. How is it different?

Me either, but apparently a little search on Amazon says:

Limited HeartGold:
http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

Limited SoulSilver (sold out):

And I don't understand why the regular edition cost more than the limited edtion (see HeartGold from the Amazon link).

#43 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

Me either, but apparently a little search on Amazon says:

Limited HeartGold:

Limited SoulSilver (sold out):

And I don't understand why the regular edition cost more than the limited edtion (see HeartGold from the Amazon link).

Looks like limited edition includes the figurine. Weird.

#44 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, limited included the figure which is a preorder bonus at a bunch of other places.

#45 MamoruNoHakkyou

MamoruNoHakkyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

The Regular Edition on that Amazon link is not sold by amazon, it is sold by Target.com which explains the price difference...

#46 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

Could you list the Blu Ray releases in that section of the forums?

#47 TheMan70

TheMan70

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:07 AM

anyone know if TRU is going to have the Pandora box of GOWIII?

#48 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:07 AM

I must be lucky cuz I have had BestBuy match a gift card and a Buy2Get1free deal. I believe both were from TRU also.

#49 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:58 AM

Every local Best Buy here begs to disagree. I have NEVER, NOT ONCE been turned down at any of the 6 local Best Buys for free gift card deals or B2G21free. Simply show them the ad. They knock the price off of the game for the amount of the gift card and then ring me up a gift card in that amount. Just did it a couple weeks ago for Bioshock 2. Do it every October for TRU sales. For B2G1 they usually just make each game $40 if I buy three $60 games.

#50 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:22 AM

That makes sense but I have another Q. Do both games need to be from that list or can you buy any DS game and then get $10 off one of the listed titles? I might have someone that can pick up a copy of GoW3 for me (as I also can't make the trip to TrU during my quick lunch break), and they may be interested in that half of the sale. I already own Kirby, Zelda, and Scribble so nothnig for me there.

More than likely both games need to be from that list -- it does say "on the following DS games", not "$10 off any game".

#51 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:19 PM

Do both games need to be from that list or can you buy any DS game and then get $10 off one of the listed titles?

Yes, it only applies to games in that list.

#52 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

Only Pokemon Toys R Us is gonna carry is the regular one. I think limited edition is only an Amazon thing. Also, the basic set thing is a stylus, cleaning cloth and something else, I forgot. The one I work at has them already. And more than likely Pandora Box of God of War 3 we will not carry.

#53 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:31 AM

Only Pokemon Toys R Us is gonna carry is the regular one. I think limited edition is only an Amazon thing. Also, the basic set thing is a stylus, cleaning cloth and something else, I forgot. The one I work at has them already. And more than likely Pandora Box of God of War 3 we will not carry.

thanks for the info, appreciated!

#54 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:41 AM

In for the GoW deal.

seanr1221.png

#55 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:48 AM

Why does the nearest TRU have to be an hour away?

Would so be in for some Pokeymans, but not if I have to drive that far. :(
Posted Image

#56 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:29 AM

Free $20 Gift Card with purchase of God of War III (Rewards "R" Us Members only, Tuesday 3/16 10am-2pm)

Yeaaaahhhh buddy. :)

#57 spectre666

spectre666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

In on GOW.

#58 bcountryman18

bcountryman18

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:49 PM

I think that the pokemon basics set is this
http://www.amazon.co...o/dp/B0033PRQF6

#59 L3xus21

L3xus21

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

Tempted to get the Pokemon games but no figurines. :(

Actually I saw in a TRU ad a couple weeks back that said if you pre-order either game you get the respective figures when you pick them up. ;)
So that's what I did at least, it just seems like this ad is more icing on the cake. :)

#60 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

I think that the pokemon basics set is this
http://www.amazon.co...o/dp/B0033PRQF6

Yep, that's it. Thanks I'll add this link to the OP.