Sony Banned my gamesharing account

coleipoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Myself and another member tried to log back in to a fairly large game sharing account this morning and we find out that it is banned.

Did this happen to anyone else? As the creator of my group, am I expected to have to pay for all of this out of my pocket?

If so, fuck sony and fuck gamesharing, I'm out 175.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coleipoo']Myself and I member tried to log back in[/QUOTE]

I think your other personality must have changed it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is it giving you a message that your account is banned, or can you just not log in?[/QUOTE]

Good question, i was about to ask the same thing.

Can you still play the purchased games? What do you mean by BANNED exactly? An e-mail from Sony? Or for no good reasons, you can't log into your shared account, but every other account is fine? You're sure that the password is not changed?

I think you need to provide more info, as others have mentioned. Did you get a message from Sony?
The only time I heard of one of these accounts being banned, one of the users was dumb enough to actually use the sharing account to play games online. Of course he/she did something stupid (curse or other violation) while playing a game, and hence the account was banned.

I'm that other member. No warning, but my google-fu tells me that the message we got when trying to log in is a ban. I didn't get a chance to see if I could login to any of my other accounts.

I don't care what Sony intends game sharing to do, if they don't want to let you do it.. they shouldn't at all. Who are they to say we aren't "family".

[quote name='coleipoo']Myself and I member tried to log back in to a fairly large game sharing account this morning and we find out that it is banned.[/QUOTE]

This might seem obvious but did the 2 of you log in at the same time? If so you need to reset the password.

I apologize for the unclear post above, was in a hurry to get to class.

When I try to login it gives me this error:

"You cannot use the Playstation Network with this account" Error code 8002A31

If you can't play online games with a gameshare account, why do people who share Fat Princess and BF1943 get away just fine?

Something is weird here.

Also, the games on the account play fine for me, at least the one I tested (Trash Panic).

The others are still in my download management queue.

if they banned the account from going online, but not to play the actual games, I can't really see getting that bent out of shape about it

Well you see we had one member who can't access the account to download the rest of the games and we had one share left to sell.

I'm just glad that my whole console didn't get banned. I agree, the games we downloaded seem to be working fine, and the games I had cued up in the download cue are downloading fine.

No pity. Try to circumvent the system, shit happens. It's a risk, and if you weren't willing to take it, you shouldn't have done it.

not to be a sadist, but I'd love to see the person's face who went to TRU, did the glitch, then drove right to GS to seal the deal.

MWahahah

Accounts get 'suspended' when something fishy goes on.

Like someone else said maybe another member played using the account and mouthed off etc.

Also a possibility is someone added funds using credit card, but then the credit card company pulled the payment due to lack of funds or whatever.

Call Sony and ask what the problem is.

Bad account manager IMO... First off, when sharing (long term), you must must must choose the people you are comfortable with. Secondly, the shared account should not be a personal account. Thirdly, the shared account should not contain words or phrases that's obvious or catchy. Fourthly, you should always add the shared account as a friend to your main account (why? this way you can see when it was last accessed and when you can log in w/o kicking the other member off). Fifthly, when downloading games from the shared account, always add the games to the queue and then log off, let the download do the job in the background, no need to sign in. Lastly, there's no need to sign in as the shared account to play games, absolutely no need. Don't use it to gain trophies, don't use it to go Home, especially don't use it to socialize with other people (either piss them off or romanticizing with them).

If you're the account manager, you keep the e-mail account just for yourself. You'll need to monitor the purchases and various notifications from PSN. There's no need for the other members to see this info. This is very handy if one of the member flagged something, because you get a notice in the e-mail!

Did i mention you should add the sharing account as a friend? Well, this way you can tell if one of your member is using it to play game! Just send him/her a msg to log off and sign in as himself/herself.

georox, you don't know what you're talking about. It's not a risk, there's no risk.

Well I sent PSN account support an e-mail to figure out what is going on. It's just bizarre is all.

When I try to login into the US playstation store on a PC it says Account Suspended. Weird.

[quote name='Serpentor']Bad account manager IMO... First off, when sharing (long term), you must must must choose the people you are comfortable with. Secondly, the shared account should not be a personal account. Thirdly, the shared account should not contain words or phrases that's obvious or catchy. Fourthly, you should always add the shared account as a friend to your main account (why? this way you can see when it was last accessed and when you can log in w/o kicking the other member off). Fifthly, when downloading games from the shared account, always add the games to the queue and then log off, let the download do the job in the background, no need to sign in. Lastly, there's no need to sign in as the shared account to play games, absolutely no need. Don't use it to gain trophies, don't use it to go Home, especially don't use it to socialize with other people (either piss them off or romanticizing with them).

If you're the account manager, you keep the e-mail account just for yourself. You'll need to monitor the purchases and various notifications from PSN. There's no need for the other members to see this info. This is very handy if one of the member flagged something, because you get a notice in the e-mail!

Did i mention you should add the sharing account as a friend? Well, this way you can tell if one of your member is using it to play game! Just send him/her a msg to log off and sign in as himself/herself.

georox, you don't know what you're talking about. It's not a risk, there's no risk.[/QUOTE]

1st. It's not a long term group, just a random share.

2nd. It's not a personal account, I wouldn't dream of that, just one created for the sole purpose of game sharing, with a junk e-mail.

3rd. You got me there

4th. I always queue up the games and log out of the account, and leave logged out. I know there is no need to log into it ever again. One of the members didn't do that.

5th. The members of a gameshare need to know the e-mail acount to sign into the account to download the games.

Unless i am missing something?

[quote name='coleipoo']

5th. The members of a gameshare need to know the e-mail acount to sign into the account to download the games.

Unless i am missing something?[/QUOTE]

say the sharing account is:

[email protected]

the e-mail address needs to be shared among other members. However, the hotmail account should be only accessed by the account manager. When you or other member make a purchase, an e-mail is sent to the registered e-mail address. There's no need for the other members to see this info, hence the password for the hotmail e-mail account should be different from the PSN password. Using the hotmail account, the account manager can monitor any purchase activities as well as notifications from PSN. If you make that visible to the other members, they can delete notifications w/o you knowing it...

[quote name='Serpentor']Bad account manager IMO... First off, when sharing (long term), you must must must choose the people you are comfortable with. Secondly, the shared account should not be a personal account. Thirdly, the shared account should not contain words or phrases that's obvious or catchy. Fourthly, you should always add the shared account as a friend to your main account (why? this way you can see when it was last accessed and when you can log in w/o kicking the other member off). Fifthly, when downloading games from the shared account, always add the games to the queue and then log off, let the download do the job in the background, no need to sign in. Lastly, there's no need to sign in as the shared account to play games, absolutely no need. Don't use it to gain trophies, don't use it to go Home, especially don't use it to socialize with other people (either piss them off or romanticizing with them).

georox, you don't know what you're talking about. It's not a risk, there's no risk.[/QUOTE]

have to agree here

that's a good tip about adding the gameshare account as a friend. Some of that advice should be put in the 1st post of the gameshare/faq thread.

Those e-mail messages are sort of automated. I would directly call a Sony rep. I've done that and they are extremely helpful. I've had a gamesharing fiasco in the past and they fixed it up quickly.

First of all make sure someone just didn't change the password and you have the answer to your secret question. Make sure that you tell them you're all a 'family' and are people you trust.

Sony (to an extent) encourages gamesharing and is not something they ban for.

I've never heard of Sony banning anyone on PSN for mouthing off.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Those e-mail messages are sort of automated. I would directly call a Sony rep. I've done that and they are extremely helpful. I've had a gamesharing fiasco in the past and they fixed it up quickly.

First of all make sure someone just didn't change the password and you have the answer to your secret question. Make sure that you tell them you're all a 'family' and are people you trust.

Sony (to an extent) encourages gamesharing and is not something they ban for.

I've never heard of Sony banning anyone on PSN for mouthing off.[/QUOTE]

No, Sony does not to any extent encourage gamesharing. The minute they suspect your problem is related to 'game sharing', they will completely ignore your request. It is clearly listed as a violation to the Terms of Service.

Those of us doing gamesharing are doing it at our own risk. We know this, and anybody who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves.

I am the only one with access to the e-mail account in our group.

I also checked the e-mails on the hotmail account and the only messages from PSN are ones they sent when I added funds to the wallet.

[quote name='dragonjud']No, Sony does not to any extent encourage gamesharing. The minute they suspect your problem is related to 'game sharing', they will completely ignore your request. It is clearly listed as a violation to the Terms of Service.

Those of us doing gamesharing are doing it at our own risk. We know this, and anybody who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves.[/QUOTE]

I've seen some games on the PSN store. 'The Family Board' game for one that says 'gameshared with up to 5 people' in the description. Also, why is there a limit if there's so adamantly against it? With Sony themselves addressing it after people were up in arms when it supposedly went to 5 to 3 accounts?

I also told the customer rep who helped me when I had difficulties that I had gameshared and she helped me out very thoroughly and got everything sorted out.

[quote name='coleipoo']Myself and another member tried to log back in to a fairly large game sharing account this morning and we find out that it is banned.

Did this happen to anyone else? As the creator of my group, am I expected to have to pay for all of this out of my pocket?

If so, fuck sony and fuck gamesharing, I'm out 175.00.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='georox']No pity. Try to circumvent the system, shit happens. It's a risk, and if you weren't willing to take it, you shouldn't have done it.[/QUOTE]

This is all your fault. No one here to blame but yourself. The only one getting fucked, is you not Sony and that happens for misusing the Gamesharing function. I hope you have to pay those other ppls back.

[quote name='Serpentor']

If there is no risk, then it is a legal, acceptable practice, and Sony would encourage it, or have a tool built in saying "Send this game to up to four friends" even though you only bought the rights for you to play it.

There is a risk. It is shady activity. It is not promoted by Sony.

[quote name='georox']If there is no risk, then it is a legal, acceptable practice, and Sony would encourage it, or have a tool built in saying "Send this game to up to four friends" even though you only bought the rights for you to play it.

There is a risk. It is shady activity. It is not promoted by Sony.[/QUOTE]

Buying an account for just gamesharing is shady.

How about if I have a main account... and let my friend share my content. That isn't frowned upon, right?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Buying an account for just gamesharing is shady.

How about if I have a main account... and let my friend share my content. That isn't frowned upon, right?[/QUOTE]

In Sony's POV it would be, because it's business to them, they want your money, but it is also their fault for letting an account to be active on more than one PS3 at a time so... happy camper to those who setup gameshare or just share with friends.

[quote name='georox']If there is no risk, then it is a legal, acceptable practice, and Sony would encourage it, or have a tool built in saying "Send this game to up to four friends" even though you only bought the rights for you to play it.

There is a risk. It is shady activity. It is not promoted by Sony.[/QUOTE]

What is this then?

SCEA’s President Jack Tretton even condones game sharing:“You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment,” said Tretton. “We want to get the game in as many hands as possible.”
“It’s not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer,” he said. “I think that really offsets the argument that says, ‘Wow, that’s a really pricey system.’”

I should have made myself clearer. I meant gamesharing in general with your buddies is alright but selling shares and chipping in obviously isn't.

My mistake. :bomb:

[quote name='Bretts31344']What is this then?

SCEA’s President Jack Tretton even condones game sharing:“You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment,” said Tretton. “We want to get the game in as many hands as possible.”
“It’s not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer,” he said. “I think that really offsets the argument that says, ‘Wow, that’s a really pricey system.’”
[/QUOTE]

I always used that as defense for game-sharing. However, that statement is 4 years old. Things can change.

i still say if theyre for game sharing why not with each dl give a person 4 diff dl codes that can be traded with other people for other dl codes.

reading over the thread here l might add that since the OP did mention one of the share members couldn't download the the content, ls it known whether or not 'he/she' contacted customer support? lf multiple people try to contact CS about an ACCT & fail the security screening it will cause problems

lt is vital to have the Exact information used when creating the ACCT

[quote name='darknight88']This is all your fault. No one here to blame but yourself. The only one getting fucked, is you not Sony and that happens for misusing the Gamesharing function. I hope you have to pay those other ppls back.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why I am the bad guy here, but whatever.

[quote name='Romis']reading over the thread here l might add that since the OP did mention one of the share members couldn't download the the content, ls it known whether or not 'he/she' contacted customer support? lf multiple people try to contact CS about an ACCT & fail the security screening it will cause problems

lt is vital to have the Exact information used when creating the ACCT[/QUOTE]

The O.P. hasn't really been very forthcoming with information. He just cried foul.
1) How did a one time account end up with $175.00 on it? Did you buy it on Ebay (shady)? Or did you use your credit card?
2) Did you have contact with everyone in the group? Were all 5 members reputable CAG members or did you have a few newbies in there?
3) Did anybody at any point contact Sony or use the account to actually play the games that were downloaded?

We ought to just lock this up. It just seems like someone crying wolf, but it's very likely that they did this to themselves by not being careful. End of Story!

You should be happy that all you lost is your 175 dollar account -- people have gotten their PS3s system banned for game sharing. Yes, that means you'd have to buy a new PS3 to get online.

Gameshare with this system again, and you can say goodbye to your PS3's online functionality.

[quote name='dragonjud']The O.P. hasn't really been very forthcoming with information. He just cried foul.
1) How did a one time account end up with $175.00 on it? Did you buy it on Ebay (shady)? Or did you use your credit card?
2) Did you have contact with everyone in the group? Were all 5 members reputable CAG members or did you have a few newbies in there?
3) Did anybody at any point contact Sony or use the account to actually play the games that were downloaded?

We ought to just lock this up. It just seems like someone crying wolf, but it's very likely that they did this to themselves by not being careful. End of Story![/QUOTE]

1. The group started on CAG, with all CAG members. It was one group to share a large amount of random PSN titles, like the dozen or so other groups that do it on CAG.
2. All of the 5 members were reputable and have done gamesharing before. One of the members never payed, so he never got account info. That means there are 4 of us, with one more share available (not anymore).
3. I can play the games I downloaded from the group, and so can the other members. The problem is getting back on the account to download games one member missed.

With all this talk of gamesharing being illegal and what not, why even allow it on CAG in the first place? Why is the topic a fucking sticky on the PS3 forums?

Your account must have been flagged for something. Like others suggested. Call Sony instead of emailing them. Ask them what's going on.

Gamesharing is fine, anyone saying otherwise is wrong. I've been banned from the Undeground forums twice because iof it but I just keep making new spare accounts there. They give you the ability so use it. They aren't going to miss $5 here and there if it means getting more people to use the game and just be online.

bread's done
Back