Alone In the Dark $9.99 NEW / $8.99 USED (all systems)

Yeah, it's not nearly as bad of a game as it's made out to be by reviewers. I found the game to be well worth $10 (or $8).

It's been this price at GS for a while I think, I picked mine up about 2 months ago.

The game's certainly worth it for that price IMO. It fails in many aspects(bugs galore, DREADFUL voice acting, and old-school "foam rock/noodly ragdoll" physics), but there's alot of creative ideas in it too that are really fun to play.

PS3 is the best choice for this game if you have that option imo. Not a bad game overall, but could of been a lot better. Not bad for less than $10.

the control is horrible... i can't drag the damn bodies to the fire at all :( Otherwise i think it's a decent game, especially you want the achievements/trophies.

[quote name='Camwi']Yeah, it's not nearly as bad of a game as it's made out to be by reviewers. I found the game to be well worth $10 (or $8).[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's worth $10, $8.... Well, if you have some friends over for laughs it is. BUT, I do so love me some WEEN. Stallion Pt. 3 is my brother and I's anthem. I grew up on Pure Guava and Chocolate & Cheese...soooo good.

[quote name='JJSP']If you're going to play this, get the Wii version.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I ever heard that statement before...... of all systems wii would be the one to get?

I played the demo, and thought it was god-awful. I hated how they gave the option of first-person (which was nice at first, as the third-person controls were atrocious), but constantly make you switch between the two perspectives to do stupid crap like knock a door down with a random object. It could have been an all right game, it just feels like it missed something in the development process.

I happened to see a 360 copy of this at TRU for $9.99. as well. But as was said, its the least desirable of the two versions. Not sure if the PS3 version would be the same price.

[quote name='Denbo32']I don't think I ever heard that statement before...... of all systems wii would be the one to get?[/QUOTE]
HA!

My mistake - I got this confused with Silent Hill. Silent Hill for the Wii is actually pretty good.

I have AITD for 360 - it's great if you want to play a 360 game that controls like Resident Evil...PS1. You will throw controllers.

I bought this on PS3 for $18 at GS maybe around a year ago, was it an amazing game, no. But I did kind of enjoy it and it is most certainly beatable and not that annoying to play at all. In fact I did enjoy it enough to get a platinum in it (doesn't hurt that it was easy to do as well).

Alone in the Dark sucks balls. The frustration isn't worth paying 10 bucks for. There are a lot of funny parts though, but that's because the game is so broken and glitchy.

[quote name='destro4eva']google.com[/QUOTE]
Oh ho smart guy:applause: I did google it and all I found were stories talking about them patching it if the PS3 version sold well and then more saying if they did patch it it wouldn't be all the PS3 content due to Microsoft's patch size limitations.

[quote name='genfuyung']google.com[/QUOTE]

Searches didn't actually yield any clear indication why. Thanks for threadcrapping though!

I rented this for the 360 from GameFly and actually had a lot of fun with it. Yeah, it's not very good, and it's buggy, but I don't know. It has it moments. Definitely far from the worst game I've ever played.

What's with people refusing to answer people's questions. It can be hard to find a specific answer through google. I thought we could ask questions and get answers as that was the function of this forum.

It is not hard to find out what the difference is between the inferno version for PS3 and the 360. I'll find a list right now and edit this post when I find it.

Edit: From wikipedia: The PlayStation 3 version was released several months after the other versions, and was named Alone in the Dark: Inferno. This version had a few gameplay changes and less glitches, earning more favorable reviews.

Need more?

Edit 2: From gamestop.com's PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

• Eden’s new TWILIGHT engine creates a lavishly detailed game world with highly realistic effects such as moisture, reflections and advanced cinematography
  • Full 360° camera control: enhanced camera controls allows complete freedom of the camera and better handling of third person movement for even more immersive gameplay enabling players to view the fire and mass destruction they are causing in all of its glory.
  • Fine-tuned controls: quicker and smoother reactivity of the hero’s movements in third person view increases the pace of the game and makes for faster, reflexive gameplay during tense fighting scenarios;
  • Inventory system more accessible: more logical jacket inventory system with the ability to scroll rapidly through the inventory with the D-pad or analog stick to combine objects. In addition, gameplay is paused when accessing the inventory system to allow maximum creativity in combining items to create unique flammable weapons;
  • More tips: additional on-screen tips will help players quickly adapt to controls and easily understand how to overcome tricky situations;
  • Spectral Vision tuning: a tutorial earlier in the storyline explains the need to burn roots in order to gain spectral vision (a power that grants you the ability to see the unseen) and difficulty tuning means less spectral vision is required to reach the end of the game; Improved car dynamics and handling: driving has been tuned with increased suspension and reduced drifting giving overall better handling to make driving a fun walk in the park every time;
  • 59th Street level tuning: one of the game’s most exciting sequences just got better. 59th Street has been tweaked for a more satisfying race against the fissure with difficulty tuning, an added checkpoint at Columbus Circle and clear voice directions given by Sarah;
  • Brand new thrilling action sequence: an exclusive new sequence has been added in Episode 6 for even more excitement and variety of gameplay in the episode.

Both those edits took less than 2 minutes. It isn't difficult.

bread's done
Back