Android games ongoing sales.

• Please log in to reply
1347 replies to this topic

#451 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

For some reason a game about stacking groceries appeals to me, even moreso if it's on sale. Bought.

I wish Google would do a real official holiday sale though like they did last year.

#452 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Knights of Pen & Paper is on sale for $0.99 (Reg. $1.99)

I've heard good things. Definitely giving it a shot!
Posted Image

#453 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

For any pinball fans, Zen Pinball HD is out now for Android. To celebrate, all Marvel themed tables are on sale for $0.99 in the in game store.

http://www.joystiq.c...-android-chute/

#454 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

For some reason a game about stacking groceries appeals to me, even moreso if it's on sale. Bought.

I have it as an old FAOTD from Amazon. Good for wasting a little time at the dentist's office. It kept me interested for a couple days at first which is a couple days longer than most Android games.

#455 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

As a proud Android user using the awesome ASUS Transformer Pad 300 with dock, I'll help contribute to this thread. I just so happen to use the AppSales app to find my deals.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#456 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

I have it as an old FAOTD from Amazon. Good for wasting a little time at the dentist's office. It kept me interested for a couple days at first which is a couple days longer than most Android games.

D'oh. I bet I do too. I try to get the FAOTD every day from amazon and have only missed it (or intentionally passed on it) in very rare exceptions.

I guess I should have checked there first.

#457 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

I wish Google would do a real official holiday sale though like they did last year.

Amen. I can't justify $7+ for the fancy games on a phone/tablet when I can get AAA quality PC games for $5.

#458 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Sonic 4 $1
https://play.google....sonic4epi&hl=en

Sonic 4 II $1
https://play.google....nNvbmljNGVwMiJd

Sonic CD too

#459 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Sonic CD, Sonic 4, & Sonic 4 II are tempting but the reviews seem to validate my fears of terrible controls. Quite a shame too, since I'd actually buy Sonic 4 at that price.

Also a reminder, Trainz & Trainz Driver is $1.04 (yeah, it's supposed to be $0.99, no clue).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#460 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Sonic 4 II works with the MOGA controller if you got in on that deal. I bought it because I don't want to pay $7 for the ps3 version. If its really bad I'll wait for a steam sale on them.

#461 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Sonic 4 II works with the MOGA controller if you got in on that deal. I bought it because I don't want to pay $7 for the ps3 version. If its really bad I'll wait for a steam sale on them.

It works with the iCade and the PS3 controller (with a 3rd party app and some minor configuing) too. Haven't got MOGA yet but I did try those with the Sonic games.

Jet Set Radio and Total War Battles are also on sale for $1.99. Both are newer releases and normally $4.99.

I think the Total War Battles comes with a Steam key for one of the Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai DLC (Sendai clan). At least the iOS version did. *Edit: Confirmed, but you have to beat the game to get the code. If you buy Total War Battles PC on Steam they just give you the code outright.

Edited by Motoki, 20 December 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#462 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

I hate to go OT but I hear people talking about their MOGA controller's and I was wondering if anyone has gotten their's yet? I ordered mine the 14th and haven't had any updates on tracking which has worried me.

#463 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Okay I totally just re-bought Jet Set Radio and Total War Battles for $1.99 each even though I have them on Steam.

Now where is my NiGHTS for Android?

#464 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

I have a PS3 controller & a Nexus 7. I don't think the MOGA controller would suit me. It's good to hear that the Sonic titles work with Sixaxis.

Ooh thanks for pointing out TW: Battles and JSR are on sale for $1.99. I can't imagine playing JSR without a controller.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#465 DemonGamer24

DemonGamer24

Sniper, no sniping!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies on sale for $2.99.

#466 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

I hate to go OT but I hear people talking about their MOGA controller's and I was wondering if anyone has gotten their's yet? I ordered mine the 14th and haven't had any updates on tracking which has worried me.

Mine is either waiting for me at home today or will arrive tomorrow. Tracking has worked for me. Maybe give then a call tomorrow?

#467 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies on sale for $2.99.

Just found out about this game today, never heard of it before for some reason. Looks pretty solid on the play store, with positive reviews and quotes from Destructoid and a few other outlets. I hate to spend over a buck for Android games though. Can anyone talk me into not biting (ha!) at 2.99? Any feedback from cags who have it?

Have a Note II btw, so not really worried about performance issues resulting from older devices.

#468 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

I hate to spend over a buck for Android games though. Can anyone talk me into not biting (ha!) at 2.99?

All your friends on CAG will lose respect for you, paying 2.99$ for an android game! :lol:

#469 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Have a Note II btw, so not really worried about performance issues resulting from older devices.

The Note II rocks! Just sayin'. :D

#470 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

For any pinball fans, Zen Pinball HD is out now for Android. To celebrate, all Marvel themed tables are on sale for $0.99 in the in game store.

http://www.joystiq.c...-android-chute/

I'll have to check this out and see how it plays. I need some decent time wasters.

I haven't seen any tracking updates on mine up to this point, either.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#471 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

I haven't seen any tracking updates on mine up to this point, either.

Same here. FedEx says "No information has been received..." with the tracking number powera sent me.

#472 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Regarding the paid versions of Angry Birds, is there a site that shows the differences? I assume more levels, but can't find an exact number. Literally brand new to Android, just got my Note 2 about 5 hours ago.

#473 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Same here. FedEx says "No information has been received..." with the tracking number powera sent me.

Mine says it shipped today with a delivery estimate for the 28th.

#474 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

Regarding the paid versions of Angry Birds, is there a site that shows the differences? I assume more levels, but can't find an exact number. Literally brand new to Android, just got my Note 2 about 5 hours ago.

As far as I know (more weighted to the early days) the difference between paid and freeloader versions is advertising. HD/non-HD isn't that much of a difference from what I've tried. Originally Angry Birds on Android didn't have a paid version. The only version of Angry Birds that tried to sell level packs was for the N900/Maemo 5/Ovi Store, well that I'm aware of anyhow.

If you're new to Android, you might want to check the Amazon Appstore. The have a different Free App of the Day (FAOTD) every day. Often it's fodder, but I've gotten all the office suites as FAOTDs, printing software, good games, Adobe Sketchbook, etc.

#475 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

I love how people get this super high powered Note II phone and instead of going for some heavy 3D game that will really push the limits of it they go right for Angry Birds. ;)

Not judging mind you, I have all the Angry Birds games too and I've been enjoying the hell out of the Star Wars one lately.

#476 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Woot! NFS Most Wanted is $0.99. Can't believe it dropped to a buck so soon. Grab it before EA realizes they meant to put NFS Shift on sale instead.

Heard good things about this port, picked it up along with Zen Pinball (effing rocks) and a few half-price Marvel tables.

I actually prefer this port of Zen over the PS3 one, as this platform is perfect to play it on (portrait mode). If you get it, make sure to enable the HD graphic option in settings. Even looks better than the PS3 version on my Note. Plus it fits the screen perfectly, so no wasted space on the sides like on a widescreen HDTV. I've had no qualms with the touch flipper control, it's really fast and responsive. Zen Pinball (along with Beat Hazard) has impressed me more than any other Android port so far; just perfect for the platform. Get it.

Still undecided about CoD Zombies. No opinions on it? 3 double cheeseburgers is alot.

The Note II rocks! Just sayin'. :D

Hell yeah it does, my favorite device ever (so far). Who needs a tablet with this baby? lol

Literally brand new to Android, just got my Note 2 about 5 hours ago.

Welcome to the club, buddy. Hope you love it as much as I do.

Edited by lassiterb, 20 December 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#477 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Yeah I've had NFS on notify for a while now. It was $4.99 over black Friday then promptly jumped up to $6.99. Just saw the notice at dinner and promptly bought it. :)

ach.png

#478 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

Woot! NFS Most Wanted is $0.99. Can't believe it dropped to a buck so soon. Grab it before EA realizes they meant to put NFS Shift on sale instead.

You mean the game that was advertised as coming free with the Note II (T-Mobile version anyhow) only to find out it was only a limited demo version?

*grumblegrumble*

I'll probably still grab the full version for 99 cents though.

#479 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Anyone having issues buying tables for Zen Pinball? I keep getting an error.

#480 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Apparently EA is having an iOS sale, some of them are on sale on Android too, I saw Monopoly Millionaire and Dead Space are on sale too, though Dead Space might still be on sale from last time. Might pick up NFS.