Android games ongoing sales.

• Please log in to reply
1347 replies to this topic

#511 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

I apparently missed the $5 deal so I get why you guys bought it now. I was thinking

'Really? They paid $50 for that damned thing and it's proprietary to boot? Are they on crack?'

It all makes sense now.

If I could get it for $5 I probably would too but $50? Yeah, not so much.

I might get that clip thingy though since I already have a PS3 controller. Then again my Note II is pretty honkin so I better make sure it fits.

Oh yeah, my brain would have to be leaking out of my ear to consider paying $50. I'd buy a slightly more expensive version of the game klip that was adjustable if they offered one. I don't like the idea of spending another $15+ every time I get a new device.

#512 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Also Knights of Pen and Paper is $.99 right now!

Thanks. Looks decent. I grabbed it.

As for the Square stuff, I don't know for some reason their's are the only ones I will actually pay more for and don't regret. I guess I just like their games and don't think a mobile game always has to be 99 cents, though I won't complain if it is either. :-P

#513 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

True Dark ending

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

My grandma just sent my folks a Kindle Fire 2nd gen which I haven't been able to root yet so I'm still debating on the Chaos Rings games . . .

Wish Infinity Blade, Final Fantasy Dimensions, and the IOS exclusive Skylanders games would get ported to Android already. Refuse to pay the extra sticker-shock for an Apple device, but damn if I'm not more and more tempted even as the Android user base swells well past the IPhone / IPad crowd.

Rohsiph.png

#514 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Well I was going to point out that Skylanders Cloud Patrol is on the Amazon Android market and that while it had been a Kindle Fire exclusive it got opened to all devices in a recent update but apparently it's been yanked.

I can't find it and there is a discussion thread on Amazon talking about how it's gone.

http://www.amazon.co...s-cloud-patrol/

Anyway, I still have it on my HP Touchpad and Note II.

#515 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

True Dark ending

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Think I successfully snagged the non-Kindle version last week, but it barely works on my LG Spectrum phone. Kindle version works great, managed to get it for $.50, but I've been enthralled with collecting the figures since Black Friday and want to try out Battlegrounds and Lost Islands.

Well . . . I have several hundred games in my backlog, so I'm not too stressed waiting on the ports, but it kinda irks me that so many popular EyeToons games stay exclusive. Console Wars all over, after we finally reached a point where 90% of 3rd party titles were coming to 360 and PS3, if not also PC.

I'll probably bite on this Chaos Rings game. Anyone tried it out? Looks like a pretty solid jRPG. I was blown away when I finally tried Mass Effect Infiltrator about two weeks ago on my phone (picked it up in August I think for $1, thanks to this thread), PS2 quality graphics running at a solid 60FPS, and the touch controls worked way better than Zenonia which was the last 'core' type game I had tried on my phone.

Rohsiph.png

#516 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

My MOGA arrived today. Haven't really had the chance to play with it but (surprise surprise) my Thunderbolt with extended battery is too large to fit into the phone holder. I suspected as much. ;) I can live with it, though, for $5. ;)

So they ARE out there. My tracking number was never valid, either.

Good to know, my tracking number brings up nothing, but it said it shipped DAYS ago.

#517 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Mine isn't here today so I figure I may as well panic. :whee:

#518 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

PowerA posted something on FB about tracking numbers being borked. Long-story short, chill out. :)

MOGA fans, we hear you! You want to know when your Secret Santa order will arrive. Well, they have all been processed and shipped via FedEx SmartPost.

The estimated delivery time for FedEx SmartPost packages is between 2 – 7 business days. We know some of your packages are not tracking properly. What this means for you is: hang on and be patient, due to the holidays. If your package has not arrived by Jan 2nd, please let us know or contact our Customer Service team at CustomerService@PowerA.com. In the meantime, relax, have some eggnog, and figure out what games you want to play first.

#519 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

PowerA posted something on FB about tracking numbers being borked. Long-story short, chill out. :)

Thanks for posting. As of today I'm officially away for the holidays and no longer keeping an eye on their Facebook and Twitter. Feeling better about it.

#520 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

I'll probably bite on this Chaos Rings game. Anyone tried it out? Looks like a pretty solid jRPG.

I have the first one but not the Omega one yet. It's decent. Looks really nice. Slightly grindy and the story is not as involved as some of the FF games but it's definitely worth a few $ imho.

I haven't gotten the second one, Omega, yet but I've heard from some others it's basically just more of the same so if you have one game already not much reason to get a second. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm glad I bought the first Chaos Ring. I like it.

#521 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Hopefully not reposts, but GTA 3, Wild Blood and Max Payne Mobile are 99 cents.

GTA III: https://play.google.....rockstar.gta3
Max Payne Mobile: https://play.google....kstar.maxpayne
Wild Blood: https://play.google....ANMP.GloftWBHM

Definitely in for some GTA 3, can't beat that price.

#522 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Thanks. I've been waiting for Wild Blood to get a sale. Just checked a bit ago and it wasn't so that must have just hit.

Now if only Zynga would put Horn on sale again. I regret not getting it when it was on sale previously but it's picky about which devices its compatible with and I didn't have one that was at the time.

*Edit: For those who didn't get the Humble Android Bundle 4, Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery is on sale for $1.99.

#523 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Haha, nice. I was also looking at Wild Blood earlier tonight and it was still full price. Good catch!

#524 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Why is wild blood not compatible with my Nexus 4? :(

#525 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Anyone getting charged tax now? I live in FL

#526 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Just grabbed Max Payne!!! Thanks guys!
Posted Image

#527 MrOogieBoogie

MrOogieBoogie

The Once and Future Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

I live in NC and I was charged tax. I had to do like a triple take on that. So weird.

ebvp.jpg

#528 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

I think it depends on the app's publisher. I'm only charged tax on some and not others. Same card, same billing address.

#529 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

I can't believe this thread is still alive. Will update op in a few hours.

#530 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Is the moga compatible with max Payne ?

#531 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

I think it depends on the app's publisher. I'm only charged tax on some and not others. Same card, same billing address.

Yea I realized that after looking at my emails :-|

#532 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Why is wild blood not compatible with my Nexus 4? :(

Me too. I dunno. I can't find anything in the requirements that shows that it shouldn't. *shrug*

This guy didn't have a problem with it, apparently.

But we're not alone on not being able to get it to work, sounds like you need to unroot your phone and perform some sort of space magic or something.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2024106

Edited by Necrotron, 21 December 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#533 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

Wait you guys are surprised a Gameloft game is not compatible with a popular Android device?

You guys must be new to Gameloft games on Android.

#534 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Vice City said it wasn't compatible with my Note 2, that didn't stop me from reliving my childhood

Gladly will pay the $5 when its "compatible" with Vzn Note 2 :)

#535 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

That's normal for Gameloft. A lot of the time the actual game will work they just don't enable it in the store for most devices but a set few so you can't download it without jumping through a bunch of hoops.

#536 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Is there a way to download Max Payne on a Galaxy S3 even though it's "not compatible"? I've seen people play it on one but Play won't let me download it.

#537 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Is there a way to download Max Payne on a Galaxy S3 even though it's "not compatible"? I've seen people play it on one but Play won't let me download it.

build.prop edits usually work in those cases. It basically fools the Play store into thinking you are using a different device.

In certain cases you may need to run Chainfire which emulates a different chipset (ie you can set it to Tegra if you are on a non-Tegra device) but for most cases just the build.prop edits should do it, though you may need to close the market down, clear out the cache and restart it.

#538 Xaliqen

Xaliqen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Verizon likes to Fuck us in the butt. Great phone butut to be honest. Verizon ruined it.

If you modify your build.prop you can access and purchase all of the supposedly incompatible apps. Warning, though, there no guarantees everything will run well. Also, you most likely need a rooted phone since modifying build.prop requires administrative privileges.

#539 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

I can't believe this thread is still alive. Will update op in a few hours.

If it is not to much trouble could you update the thread title too. To something like:
Android Deal Thread
or
Android Gaming Deals
or if you like the current
Android Games - Ongoing Sales

and if you could wiki the post so people could add deals that would be great too.

P.S. Avengers Initiative is now $0.99

#540 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm a new Android user so I'm still figuring everything out. I was hoping there was just a box I could uncheck or something.