Android games ongoing sales.

• Please log in to reply
1347 replies to this topic

#721 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Since SEVERAL OF YOU (not naming names) keep bragging about your new Notes, I thought I'd drop this here.

[DEAD] Free Covers & TecTiles from Samsung [DEAD]

Edited by Syntax Error, 29 December 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#722 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Since SEVERAL OF YOU (not naming names) keep bragging about your new Notes, I thought I'd drop this here.

Free Covers & TecTiles from Samsung

Thanks. I will check that out.

And I LURVE my Note II. Hands down the best phone I ever owned and anyone who says "It's too big" can bite me. :lol:

steam_sig.png

#723 humidore

humidore

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Just a FYI for fellow Note and S3 users - if you already registered your phone, try registering it again with a different email address. I got all the way through the process to the confirmation... Now to just hope I got in before they ran out!

#724 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Nice. This works for the Galaxy S3 as well. Going to give it a try.

EDIT: "We're sorry but the limited quantity promotion has ended. You can still look for great options at 50% off in our accessories store - just use the coupon code in your registration confirmation email."

#725 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Edited my post so people don't waste their time then.

#726 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

And I LURVE my Note II. Hands down the best phone I ever owned and anyone who says "It's too big" can bite me. :lol:

I heart my Note 1. My dad and best friend's Note 2 software make me a bit jelly. I hear the Note 3 will be 6in. I'm down for that.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#727 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

I heart my Note 1. My dad and best friend's Note 2 software make me a bit jelly. I hear the Note 3 will be 6in. I'm down for that.

As long as you're having fun with yours who cares about the diagonal measurement? It's not the length, it's the mirth.

#728 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

There's a universal driver for it on the Play store.

I personally found it small for my hands, oddly shaped and the sticks hard to move/unresponsive. I might just need to get used to it (although my son had less problems with it with his smaller hands) and I'm not upset about it but I can't see me using it as much more than a novelty. Maybe something to pack along when I think I'll be sitting in a waiting room or lobby for a long time.

I got in on that MOGA deal, and also find the controller a bit small. The joysticks are pretty wack too. I'll just stick to using an OTG adapter and an Xbox or PS3 controller with my Nexus 7.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#729 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

lol that lawyer game is pretty funny and fun. For $.99 I think its worth it :)

#730 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Dammit! Missed the tec tiles. Seem like a pretty cool concept, didn't really care about the covers, but free is free.

And I can't help but brag to everyone I see about the Note II, it is just an amazing device in every aspect. I love it more than my wife. (Just kidding, honey!)

(In case she reads this lol)

Oh, and check out Defense Zone 2 HD. It's a really cool tower defense game on sale for $.99. My favorite tower defense game on Android so far.

#731 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

It's not a game sale, but (hopefully real and not knockoff) Motorola microHDMI to HDMI cables are $2.28 from a seller on ebay now. Generics sometimes go cheaper, but this is below their average price and based on my experience with microUSB, Motorola's phone cables are better built than generics and cables bundled with other phones that I've had.

This won't work with every phone, only those with a microHDMI port. That means if your phone is something like the popular Galaxy S3 with an MHL port for video out it will not work.

The reason I'm posting is that when paired with a controller you've got a cheap alternative to the popular Ouya and Gamestick setups.

link

Also, Tapatalk HD is on sale for 99 cents today only to celebrate the launch. It will then go up to $4.99. I don't currently have a tablet, but I use Taptalk on my phone for browsing forums like CAG and it works really well. I do believe a better mobile version of the site is coming soon though.

The beta is still available and free if you want to try before you buy.

Edited by louiedog, 14 January 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#732 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Thanks. Grabbed Tapatalk HD for my HP Touchpad. I use the regular version for CAG sometimes. ;)

I kind of wish the Note II had a 'tablet mode' so it could get the market to think it was a tablet. In some cases I think I would prefer tablet versions of apps on that phone.

steam_sig.png

#733 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Thanks. Grabbed Tapatalk. I use it for CAG sometimes. ;-)

I kind of wish the Note II had a 'tablet mode' so it could get the market to think it was a tablet. In some cases I think I would prefer tablet versions of apps on that phone.

Seriously? Tablet mode on a tiny 5.5" screen? I wonder if the Ascend Mate has such a feature.

Posted Image

#734 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Seriously? Tablet mode on a tiny 5.5" screen? I wonder if the Ascend Mate has such a feature.

Spoiler

It's funny you think it's tiny when everyone else seems to think it's HUGE. :lol:

Some of my coworkers call it a "TV screen". :-P

Also, it has a stylus so you can pinpoint very precisely which areas you want to hit, much more so than with fingers.

Anyway, it was a just an option that I thought would be nice. I've seen other people mention it before. *shrug*

steam_sig.png

#735 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

It's funny you think it's tiny when everyone else seems to think it's HUGE. :lol:

Some of my coworkers call it a "TV screen". :-P

Also, it has a stylus so you can pinpoint very precisely which areas you want to hit, much more so than with fingers.

Anyway, it was a just an option that I thought would be nice. I've seen other people mention it before. *shrug*

Heh, I too think the note II is huge. My phone is 4.3" and I don't know how I'd carry around even an S3 comfortably. I'd love to use the Note II as my phone, but my lifestyle and where I live means I walk at least a couple of miles a day and don't like doing so with a bag. I was just messing with you because you've professed your love for the huge screen in this thread and Huawei announced the ridiculously sized 6.1" Ascend Mate last week.

And yeah, tablet mode makes sense considering the size and resolution compared to a lot of 7" tablets.

#736 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I wouldn't go with a 6.1in. screen not because it was 6.1in., but because it's... Huawei.

Trade List

#737 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Also, Tapatalk HD is on sale for 99 cents today only to celebrate the launch. It will then go up to $4.99. I don't currently have a tablet, but I use Taptalk on my phone for browsing forums like CAG and it works really well. I do believe a better mobile version of the site is coming soon though.

The beta is still available and free if you want to try before you buy.

Thanks. I grabbed Tapatalk HD after giving the beta a quick spin on my N7. I'd been eyeing it for a while, but I have a hard time paying more than a buck for apps.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#738 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

I wouldn't go with a 6.1in. screen not because it was 6.1in., but because it's... Huawei.

This is absolutely the right call. I was part of a software test where they sent me a Huawei product to use for awhile. It was not pleasant.

#739 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I looked at LG at Verizon one time (a... 5in. square phone). That thing crashed three times on me while I was trying to use it. I can't imagine what Huawei is like.

Trade List

#740 Caine

Caine

That's my cocaine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Thanks for the note on Tapatalk HD. I've been considering getting the regular version, but this is much better.

fs_pc.png

KaseiVallis.png

#741 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Wazzup CAG?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Thanks for the PvZ heads up. I have it 3 times already but the game is addicting.

Too bad the flex cable is going bad in my Xperia Play... Id get it if it wasn't for that.

#742 sailingship

sailingship

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Thanks for the update, though i dont think i can play Abduction properly on my Samsung Galaxy S

#743 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

I didn't realize that Final Fantasy Dimensions was finally released on Android. Now it just needs a 50-75% off sale.

#744 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

I didn't realize that Final Fantasy Dimensions was finally released on Android. Now it just needs a 50-75% off sale.

Agreed. $19.99 is ridiculous.

#745 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Agreed. $19.99 is ridiculous.

For a 40+ hour full-scale RPG from Square Enix, I'd say $20 is a bargain. The same game on DS or Vita would have cost twice as much.
Posted Image

#746 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I just bought it, and it's really good. Like, I'm tempted to suggest people buy it just so square keeps making games like it because it hits pretty much every 'square happiness' button from when I was a kid.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#747 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Can we at least get a demo?
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#748 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I hadn't heard of Final Fantasy Dimensions, but it looks pretty awesome might have to check that out!

#749 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

For a 40+ hour full-scale RPG from Square Enix, I'd say $20 is a bargain. The same game on DS or Vita would have cost twice as much.

I suppose I completely understand that reasoning it is just hard for me to justify that much for a mobile game. This market is still so fresh that I suppose it will soon become common place that there will be such expensive games but for now I feel like $6 has been a solid premium price and so that large of a hike is just so foreign to me!

#750 Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

While not quite a deal, Touch Detective was released for Android devices, which is identical to the iPhone version.

https://play.google....251bGwsMSwyLDNd

The app itself is free, but additional episodes must be purchased from within the game itself, which likely means this game will never properly go on sale. In fact, the whole game costs $9.

(If you do buy the game, try restarting your device so the license(s) will update accordingly.)