Android games ongoing sales.

• Please log in to reply
1347 replies to this topic

#751 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

If anyone is interested in Sky Gamblers: Rise of Glory, the upgrade price has been temporarily reduced from $4.99 to $2.99. It's a very good dogfighting game, especially if you have a MOGA. Now if Namco-Bandai were to bring an actual Ace Combat game to Android...
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#752 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

The dating sims My Sweet Prince and Ninja Love are on sale for $2.99.

#753 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

It's being covered in the PSN thread, but PlayStation Mobile is getting a free game each week for the next six weeks. If your device isn't one that is PlayStation Certified but it's rooted you can install the platform anyway. Instructions here.

This week's game is Samurai Beatdown. It's a rhythm game where you press the right/left sides of the screen with the music to fight off attackers.

#754 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

It's being covered in the PSN thread, but PlayStation Mobile is getting a free game each week for the next six weeks. If your device isn't one that is PlayStation Certified but it's rooted you can install the platform anyway. Instructions here.

This week's game is Samurai Beatdown. It's a rhythm game where you press the right/left sides of the screen with the music to fight off attackers.

Awesome, I didn't even know about PSM! I had given up the dream of Sony actually supporting their "PlayStation Certified" phones stateside; too bad PSM crashes when I try and do much of anything on my Xperia Play.

Want to open the settings menu? CRASH! Oh, so you're interested in buying and/or downloading a game? CRASH!

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#755 smintboy

smintboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Super Hexagon now available for $0.99 on Google Play

The game just went live and is 66% off for the time being according to the Google Play description

#756 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

I suppose I completely understand that reasoning it is just hard for me to justify that much for a mobile game. This market is still so fresh that I suppose it will soon become common place that there will be such expensive games but for now I feel like $6 has been a solid premium price and so that large of a hike is just so foreign to me!

I understand where you are coming from I have $50 Google credit that is burning a hole in my virtual pocket and I wanted to buy two shmups that are normally 7 or 8 dollars and couldn't pull the trigger now Ikaruga it's on Google play and I really want that but it is 9 dollars and I can't bring myself to buy it.

It's being covered in the PSN thread, but PlayStation Mobile is getting a free game each week for the next six weeks. If your device isn't one that is PlayStation Certified but it's rooted you can install the platform anyway. Instructions here. This week's game is Samurai Beatdown. It's a rhythm game where you press the right/left sides of the screen with the music to fight off attackers.

Thanks for the heads up. I went to the xda forums to see how to put it on my HTC Evo 4g lte and found out my phone is supported.

Super Hexagon now available for $0.99 on Google Play

The game just went live and is 66% off for the time being according to the Google Play description

Thanks op added it to my wishlist.

fss.png

Ecliptic Sight | Art by Ecliptic Sight |              sig.png

#757 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Most of the Kemco JRPGs are on sale for $1.99. I am pretty sure these are RPG Maker games since they all look the same and would explain how they churned out so many.

#758 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for that. I got that working on my Nexus 7 this weekend.

Edit: Apparently installation of Samurai Beatdown and Lemmings failed. Trying the other certs on the XDA thread. (Android Police poster had the same issue, didn't state resolution.)

Edit 2: Nope those other certs didn't help.

Edited by asheskitty, 21 January 2013 - 08:39 PM.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#759 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I know someone made a dedicated thread for it, but it's worth mentioning here that Super Hexagon's excellent, and on sale for 99c as a new release.

Seems to be fine on Nexus 7 despite the developer reporting input lag.

https://play.google....re.superhexagon

#760 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I bought it, half to support Terry Cavanagh, half because the trippy trailer.

edit: Intial review. Sounds fantastic. Looks fantastic. Harder than the Super Gravitron. I believe my average play through/round in super hexagon in around 4 seconds. BUT I WILL SURVIVE! Cause it's mildly addictive.

#761 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I bought it, half to support Terry Cavanagh, half because the trippy trailer.

edit: Intial review. Sounds fantastic. Looks fantastic. Harder than the Super Gravitron. I believe my average play through/round in super hexagon in around 4 seconds. BUT I WILL SURVIVE! Cause it's mildly addictive.

Ditto on all counts. Control is a little twitchy, so i may have better luck when i'm not sick. First game i've actually purchased on my S3, and it was $.99 well spent.

Oh, and thank you, mrsamsa :)

#762 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

I know someone made a dedicated thread for it, but it's worth mentioning here that Super Hexagon's excellent, and on sale for 99c as a new release.

Seems to be fine on Nexus 7 despite the developer reporting input lag.

https://play.google....re.superhexagon

That was me! But it's buried in page 3 or 4 I think.

No lag on my N7!

38.xx seconds in Hard mode. Don't worry, I'm trying..

#763 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

There's a tower defense game called Medieval on sale for $1. What sets it apart from other tower defense games is that you only use real medieval weaponry like ballistas. I don't know that it would be fun after ten minutes just shooting arrows into everything. Someone buy it and post their impressions.

#764 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

I barely made it past 10 seconds in super hexagon, at that point everything goes reverse and im midway on the other side with no time to make it out. Need to play it more im sure. Lovely game, well worth the 99 cents.

#765 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Was anyone able to get a flip cover or tec tiles this second time around? I guess people who signed up last time and were unable to get any in time were sent an email for a second chance. I got the email at 7am and tried it at 7:30 am and they were already out.

They had 12,000 for the Galaxy and 12,000 for the Note II so I assume someone was able to get one.

#766 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

The Curse is on sale for .99. It's a puzzle game with fully voiced cutscenes. Kind of like Professor Layton with a malevolent mannequin.

#767 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I barely made it past 10 seconds in super hexagon, at that point everything goes reverse and im midway on the other side with no time to make it out. Need to play it more im sure. Lovely game, well worth the 99 cents.

Yeah, I'm actually happy with the purchase. I'll be shocked if it's not in a bundle soon, but I'll probably pick up whatever bundle it is anyway, especially if we get the soundtrack.

But yeah, my current record is 18.02 seconds, and prior to that it was... 18.02 seconds. And as far as I can tell, to unlock the levels, you need to get what, a minute? If you figure 10 = Line, 20 ?= Triangle, 30 ?= Square, 40 ?= Pentagon, 50 ?= Hexagon? I can't even imagine. Sadly, the controls just don't seem to be responsive enough - I often end up just going over into the next sector, even when I don't want to. And very small movements seem impossible.

Edit: It's even worse than that, apparently. Up to 35.31 record, and it is Triangle/Square at 20/30, but then the next level is at 45 seconds, not 40. Still, I'm pretty happy with my progress. Almost always up to ~15 seconds before I bite it, and it's getting easier to get into the 20 range. A lot of it really seems to just be luck as to the "maze" you end up getting.

Edited by INCyr, 22 January 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#768 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

There was a PSM update that after applying, I am now able to install PSM games on my N7. I installed and tried the free Lemmings game. It seems like a faithful remake of the classic (with way better graphics). Trivia: Lemming's was (then called DMA) Rockstar North's first hit.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#769 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

There is an RTS on sale right now for 99 cents called Star Armada. It is pretty run-of-the-mill for a sci-fi RTS but the fact that an RTS would even work on tablets is pretty cool. It also has a tower defense mode.

Tetris is also 99 cents.

Edited by whitereflection, 02 February 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#770 jooanyenna

jooanyenna

Top 5 Cheapest Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

I have noticed that Bard's tale is 50% off and is $2.99 now.

https://play.google....uQmFyZFRhbGUiXQ..

Is this pretty good price for this game?
Posted Image

#771 HaloGX

HaloGX

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

I've heard it's a good game, though it's been that price since Christmas I think.

#772 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I've heard it's a good game, though it's been that price since Christmas I think.

It's been the special $2.99 price ever since it launched on Android. I'm sure it's never dropping at this point.

#773 neoKEN

neoKEN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

This emu does seem pretty interesting, although I would like an option to change the on-screen controller layout, as well as the video mode (full screen/original/etc). I've only tried out the SNES and PSX modules so far, but both emulate nicely.

Retroarch is unplayable for me due to the controls. It has the worse touch control of any emulators :(. I hope it will be fixed.

#774 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

This week's free PSM game is Aqua Kitty.

#775 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

This week's free PSM game is Aqua Kitty.

Looks like an enhanced Defender:bouncy:

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#776 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

It should save in game fine like a normal cart. If you want save states, you have to not disable the onscreen controls, then press the home button on the onscreen controls, it brings up the menu for states and more.

Hopefully they fix it so you don't have to have the onscreen controls onscreen to save. I disable it the onscreen controls because I use a controller.

#777 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Contre Jour is on sale for 99 cents.

#778 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Friend told me about Plague Inc. I heart it. It's only a $1.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#779 Computersnacks

Computersnacks

All Snack Everything!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

I found The MOGA input to be laggy on the Nexus 4 in retroarch. It seems to work much faster if you download the standalone SNES9X EX from the google play store.

I still wish it was a cross input instead of the analog nub for emulation, but I'll get used to it.

#780 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Contre Jour is on sale for 99 cents.

This looks cute - might get it. Hope it plays well on a tablet (Nexus 7).