Android games ongoing sales.

• Please log in to reply
1347 replies to this topic

#1021 Optic_ghost

Optic_ghost

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Carmageddon launched early. The promo version will be pulled after a day. I don't know if that means from the time it went up, or end of day May 10 which was the original launch date. If it's not available for your particular device you can try an app called market helper (must be rooted. not on play store) or an Android PC emulator like bluestacks.

Thanks for the heads up about Carmageddon. I definitely made sure to pull a copy. On a random note, I wonder if this will stay in our app archives? I have pulled full promos from Google Play in the past and those remained available for my future use.

#1022 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up about Carmageddon. I definitely made sure to pull a copy. On a random note, I wonder if this will stay in our app archives? I have pulled full promos from Google Play in the past and those remained available for my future use.

The SCI guys released Carmageddon on GOG/iOS/Android free for their Reincarnation backers. We got mailed GOG codes, but the AppStores don't support that so the "free day" is fulfills that. Thus I expect it'll stick around in your Play Store library.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1023 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

Hmm, Giana Sisters is $2 on the Play Store.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#1024 HaloGX

HaloGX

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

SEGA also discounted a few games, like After Burner Climax to $1.

#1025 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Minecraft Pocket Edition App for Android at Amazon $3.99, normally $6.99

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B00992CF6W

#1026 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Minecraft Pocket Edition App for Android at Amazon $3.99, normally $6.99

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B00992CF6W

Long time android users probably have it from the $0.10 sale back in Dec 2011. ...they need an updated version of that sale...

#1027 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Long time android users probably have it from the $0.10 sale back in Dec 2011. ...they need an updated version of that sale...

I hate that sale, it was just before I got with the times and got a smart phone...:cry:

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#1028 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

The follow up was a 25 cent sale when they hit 25 billion downloads. I'm worried that at 200 billion downloads all of the 99 cent apps will be $2.

#1029 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

I would like to see a significant discount on PC Minecraft. The near $30 price is outrageous.

#1030 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Tapatalk is the free app on Amazon today. It's apparently just free now. It's the same version as the $3 one on the Play Store. Perhaps they'll no longer support and update the Amazon version or they're changing up their business model. Maybe it's just free for a limited time but they don't specify.

It's not a game, but a great mobile forum reader for sites like CAG. CAG 3.0 is (seemingly always ;)) just days away and should improve things on the mobile end, but Tapatalk is great until then. It's also extremely handy for many other sites and if your data use is limited it can be a more efficient way to browse forums.

Edited by louiedog, 13 May 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#1031 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Tapatalk is the free app on Amazon today.

It's not a game, but a great mobile forum reader for sites like CAG. CAG 3.0 is (seemingly always ;)) just days away and should improve things on the mobile end, but Tapatalk s great until then. It's also extremely handy for many other sites and if your data use is limited it can be a more efficient way to browse forums.

wow, thanks for sharing. I've been using the CAG fan made mobile app, but while it's good, still has a lot of bugs needed to be worked out. Will try this out and see how it fairs:)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#1032 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

wow, thanks for sharing. I've been using the CAG fan made mobile app, but while it's good, still has a lot of bugs needed to be worked out. Will try this out and see how it fairs:)

Tapatalk HD works great for me on CAG. (picked it up for $1 a few months back)

#1033 naughtynuggetz

naughtynuggetz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Tapatalk HD works great for me on CAG. (picked it up for $1 a few months back)

Thanks for the heads up guys. Gonna go check it out now..

#1034 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

It be nice a discount on minecraft

#1035 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

Well Tapatalk is awesome! I almost prefer it to the regular site to be honest, with the notifications for new posts. Thanks for the heads up:)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#1036 manlai

manlai

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

only thing about tapatalk i'm not nuts about is that it runs at startup and always runs in the background. obviously that's necessary because of notifications of new posts and messages and all that, but if you have spotty battery life or a lot of processes running already, it's another drain.

#1037 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

I had an odd thing happen to me. I saw the Carmageddon promo, but decided I would support and paid for it. It didn't work on my android phone, so I uninstalled it. I figured I'd install it later on my Nexus tablet. Google Play Store automatically refunded me for the app a few minutes later. Is that normal? Can I turn it off somewhere?

I've since downloaded the promo free one they had to my tablet. It just seems a bit weird to auto refund me without getting my authorization, or even if I don't complain and ask for a refund.

#1038 marsilies

marsilies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

I had an odd thing happen to me. I saw the Carmageddon promo, but decided I would support and paid for it. It didn't work on my android phone, so I uninstalled it. I figured I'd install it later on my Nexus tablet. Google Play Store automatically refunded me for the app a few minutes later. Is that normal? Can I turn it off somewhere?

Google Play auto-refunds if you uninstall the program withing 15 minutes of installing the game. It's for a situation like yours: you buy the game, but it doesn't work so you uninstall it.

If you don't want the refund, simply leave the app installed for longer than 15 minutes.

#1039 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

I've since downloaded the promo free one they had to my tablet. It just seems a bit weird to auto refund me without getting my authorization, or even if I don't complain and ask for a refund.

Yeah, this happens to me, too. I hate when I get double charged until the refund goes through, though. Like having $13.98 charged for The Amazing Spiderman until the refund hits. That gets me nervous.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#1040 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

only thing about tapatalk i'm not nuts about is that it runs at startup and always runs in the background. obviously that's necessary because of notifications of new posts and messages and all that, but if you have spotty battery life or a lot of processes running already, it's another drain.

Perhaps it's because I have notifications off, but Tapatalk is not listed among the running apps on my phone. Even if it were I imagine it would be a pretty insignificant drain considering how other similar apps work. I haven't had issues with background apps like that actually impacting my battery or device performance since I had older hardware on Gingerbread.

#1041 FidelityNy

FidelityNy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

If you're rooted, I don't see why anyone wouldn't be, you can use an app called Greenify. It'll keep all selected apps in hibernation mode so they don't waste battery, processing power, or RAM. It'll speed up your device and free resources. Just don't hibernate anything you need real-time notifications from like Facebook, G+, messaging apps, etc.

https://play.google....isfeng.greenify

#1042 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

If you're rooted, I don't see why anyone wouldn't be, you can use an app called Greenify. It'll keep all selected apps in hibernation mode so they don't waste battery, processing power, or RAM. It'll speed up your device and free resources. Just don't hibernate anything you need real-time notifications from like Facebook, G+, messaging apps, etc.

Thanks! And are you kidding me, it's that social networking drivel that I'd want to deep six. ^_~ It can even make Google Now become Google Then. :lol:

#1043 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Cooking Dash Deluxe is Amazon's free app of the day - not sure if it's adware.

#1044 Tibbs

Tibbs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hey FidelityNy,

If I've installed Android onto my touchpad recently, does that mean it is rooted? I'm very new to all of this, so sorry for the question. :)

#1045 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

Cooking Dash Deluxe is Amazon's free app of the day - not sure if it's adware.

comments seem to imply that it regularly prompts you to buy the other Dash games, but even still, I love me some playfirst so I'll give it a try:D

#1046 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Tigris and Euphrates on sale for $0.99:

https://play.google....euphrates&hl=en

This is a really great implementation of a fantastic board game. Warning: learning curve might be high, and it is somewhat abstract, but an excellent strategy game.

#1047 FidelityNy

FidelityNy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hey FidelityNy,

If I've installed Android onto my touchpad recently, does that mean it is rooted? I'm very new to all of this, so sorry for the question. :)

Not necessarily, but most custom roms come pre-rooted. You can use a root checker to verify whether it's rooted or not. You can also tell you're rooted when you have an app called "Superuser" or "SupeSU" in your app drawer and you don't recall putting it there yourself.

Root Checker: https://play.google....ykrim.rootcheck

#1048 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hey FidelityNy,

If you managed to install Android on your HP Touchpad, then yes, it is rooted already.

#1049 morbitrius

morbitrius

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Tigris and Euphrates! I've had my eye on it for a while, but I've never played the board game. This is the same company that produced other board games like Le Havre and Puerto Rico on iOS, so hopefully if this gets a spike in sales on the android side of things that they'll port over some of their other games.

#1050 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Thanks for the heads up on Tigris and Euphrates! I've had my eye on it for a while, but I've never played the board game. This is the same company that produced other board games like Le Havre and Puerto Rico on iOS, so hopefully if this gets a spike in sales on the android side of things that they'll port over some of their other games.

Thanks for the heads up on T&E. I love board game adaptations for touch screen and phones. I wish the Android and Apple would sort them a little better because a high quality board game adaptation. I'd love to see games like Power Grid, Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, Dominion or Thunderstone converted to digital form.