Android games ongoing sales.

• Please log in to reply
1347 replies to this topic

#1051 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Fangz HD is on sale for $0.99 picked it up because I wanted to try it out after seeing some gameplay. They also add some updates:

You spoke and we listened. Fangz HD 1.1 has:
- Multiple difficulty levels
- New jump mechanic, that doesn't take away energy (a new stamina bar was introduced)
- No timers
- New perks (coin doubler, fat wings and bunny feet)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1052 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Fangz HD is on sale for $0.99 picked it up because I wanted to try it out after seeing some gameplay. They also add some updates:

Anyone play this game yet? Trailer looks great!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#1053 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Anyone play this game yet? Trailer looks great!

I just bought Fangz HD, and it's awesome! If you've played the Anger of Stick games, it's like them, only with a higher emphasis in gunplay, rather than melee. There's still melee in Fangz, but since there are usually such big floods of enemies, melee is only used as a last resort when you are low on ammo. It also has much more developed character upgrading than the AOS games.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#1054 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

comments seem to imply that it regularly prompts you to buy the other Dash games, but even still, I love me some playfirst so I'll give it a try:D

It's worse than that. I downloaded that game when it was free and bought 2 more of their games. Everything was unlocked. My Kindle Fire HD was acting up so I reformatted and all three games went from a FULL game to play the first 5 levels then I have to purchase the content again. I tried to do a restore the additional content and it wouldn't let me. It basically shot me the bird so I deleted all three.

Edited by Rodster, 20 May 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#1055 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

ShaqDown just turned into a free app. They claim it's for a limited time, but Play Store rules say a free app cannot become paid, so we'll see how this works.

#1056 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

I know this might not be the best place to ask but I've Googled a little and it doesn't give me much of an idea. For roms/emulators (and if this is frowned upon let me know and I'll delete this) is it worth trying to do in a galaxy s3? And if so anything you all would suggest?

#1057 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

I know this might not be the best place to ask but I've Googled a little and it doesn't give me much of an idea. For roms/emulators (and if this is frowned upon let me know and I'll delete this) is it worth trying to do in a galaxy s3? And if so anything you all would suggest?

The S3 is a capable device and should do fine depending on what you're planning on playing with it. Most older systems are just fine.

When looking into software start with RetroArch which is free and constantly being updated. It emulates a ton of different systems.

#1058 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

The S3 is a capable device and should do fine depending on what you're planning on playing with it. Most older systems are just fine.

When looking into software start with RetroArch which is free and constantly being updated. It emulates a ton of different systems.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much for that!

#1059 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

ShaqDown just turned into a free app. They claim it's for a limited time, but Play Store rules say a free app cannot become paid, so we'll see how this works.

That looks like an updated Fuck !

#1060 razorracer83

razorracer83

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

That looks like an updated Fuck !

LOL! The only time that can be used as something other than a censor bypass.

I stand corrected.

#1061 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

I have the Amazon app store installed to my android phone. (Kyocera Rise). But when I try to download the free app, they download, but never install.

They don't seem to be showing under the download app either. Any suggestions?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#1062 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

mine always pop up as downloaded, and when I click on them they prompt to install. Maybe reinstall the app store, it's possible it got corrupted. And check to make sure that the option to install non play store apps (forget the official wording) hasn't turned itself back on somehow. That would be my only guess really.
A chilled bottom is the root of all illness.

#1063 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

My biggest problem with this "pseudo" generation of games that's really a turn off. Cookie cutter games that would hardly cut it in the Genesis/SNES days. Hardly much character in today's games, IMHO. Development time seems to be cut to create these paint by numbers running/social/zynga/rpg games where hardly much of any story or game mechanics are really pushed. Kind of depressing, or just me being depressed and getting old as a gamer. Not a whole lot of games I like for this new mobile/F2P/AdPlay environment. Only so many tower defense and angry birds games a guy can take.

/sorry if this was a bit of a derail/rant for this thread.

What bugs me is that so many of these paid games seem very cookie cutter or copy cat games. None of them really push gaming concepts or system hardware. Angry Birds is like the pinnacle of smart phone games but I have played way more complex, old generation games on far less powerful equipment. Gunbound, Worms, Tank Wars. Along with that many of them don't feel like complete games because through out the entire game they're always trying to penny pinch you by getting you to buy extra things to get further into the game and for titles it's required.

I'd love to see more board game ports. Settlers of Catan, Power Grid, stuff like that. They seem well fit these types of systems. Culdcept would be perfect on a tablet.

#1064 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

speak of the devil i just learned they do have catan on the app market.

#1065 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

mine always pop up as downloaded, and when I click on them they prompt to install. Maybe reinstall the app store, it's possible it got corrupted. And check to make sure that the option to install non play store apps (forget the official wording) hasn't turned itself back on somehow. That would be my only guess really.

yeah. it told me it Installation Failed, but then it gave me the option to Open iot from the app store. It let me, and the app was then in my app folder afterwards.

Cooking Dash installed. Now to free up more space somehow.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#1066 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

I have the Amazon app store installed to my android phone. (Kyocera Rise). But when I try to download the free app, they download, but never install.

They don't seem to be showing under the download app either. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem. I just deleted the Amazon App store from my phone and then re-downloaded it. Works fine now

#1067 razorracer83

razorracer83

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

The match-3 RPG 10000000 is today's Amazon's Free App of the Day, down from $1.99. Heard lots of good things about this game.

10000000 Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co...1A/ref=mas_faad

I stand corrected.

#1068 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

The match-3 RPG 10000000 is today's Amazon's Free App of the Day, down from $1.99. Heard lots of good things about this game.

I just got the PC version free with some gaming credit but this will be great for on the road play.

#1069 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

I just got the PC version free with some gaming credit but this will be great for on the road play.

Same here (from GMG) and hadn't played it yet, but tried the tablet version this morning.

Man, this-game-is-hard!

#1070 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

I just bought this last week!

I love it though I feel like I maxed out on it pretty quickly in terms of leveling.

#1071 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

WOOT! I've been wanting to try this so bad but just couldn't part with my dollar. Free is the price I've been waiting for, and if I like it I can buy it again on steam:)
A chilled bottom is the root of all illness.

#1072 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

WOOT! I've been wanting to try this so bad but just couldn't part with my dollar. Free is the price I've been waiting for, and if I like it I can buy it again on steam:)

Yeah, I was thinking of the Android wielding CAGs who just paid ~$1.30 for this GMG... :lol:

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1073 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, I was thinking of the Android wielding CAGs who just paid ~$1.30 for this GMG... :lol:

Keep in mind that the GMG (Steam) version also gives you a Mac & Linooks version on your desktop, in addition to the Pee-Cee one.

#1074 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

I just bought this last week!

I love it though I feel like I maxed out on it pretty quickly in terms of leveling.

The game is pretty fun but after beating like the 4-5 dungeon, I'm at the point where I lack the quickness to beat the map and even the level ups don't seem like they would help.

#1075 manlai

manlai

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

It's a lot of fun, but really a super grindfest. I don't know if I would've paid a dollar for it. Free it's brilliant!

#1076 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

Keep in mind that the GMG (Steam) version also gives you a Mac & Linooks version on your desktop, in addition to the Pee-Cee one.

I prefer to backlog tablet games on a tablet =p

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1077 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

So I thought I'd try 10^7 for a little bit tonight...

...three hours later and my hands are numb, my eyes are swollen up, I can't even hold the tablet up, and yet I still want to have one more go. It may be grindy, but shaq-fu is it addictive!

#1078 razorracer83

razorracer83

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Today's Amazon FAOTD is Fruit Ninja. Man, with 10000000 yesterday, and Fruit Ninja today, Amazon has been getting some real good games for the Amazon FAOTD. So if you like Fruit Ninja, like free, but don't like ads, this is your opportunity to get all three.

Fruit Ninja Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co...rds=Fruit Ninja

I stand corrected.

#1079 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

So if you like Fruit Ninja, like free, but don't like ads, this is your opportunity to get all three.

Hmm, the kids like it, so I thought I'd re-install it since it's ad-free. Downloaded, about to click install, and then "Permissions: Get information about currently or recently running tasks". Ha, yeah right - thanks but no thanks.

#1080 razorracer83

razorracer83

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Wow! After getting the iOS version of Fruit Ninja for free and seeing this version for free, it seems the difference is night and day. The iOS version I got for free was the full, definitive version of Fruit Ninja. This version looks like it's the free version without the free label on the icon. Looks like this Amazon FAOTD isn't as exciting as it should've turned out to be.

I stand corrected.