1347 replies to this topic

#1261 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

forgot to get those games from amazon yesterday :(

i just bought galaxy s2

is there a way to just get the license for free games and not download it right away?

You can "purchase" the apps from the amazon website and download them later from you downloads list.

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#1262 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

thanks

zookeper is free today

http://www.amazon.co...CK/ref=mas_faad

Posted Image

#1263 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

But...only if you already have an android device (any android device) registered to your account. Once you've ordered it, you can download it to any compatible device in the future, but if you don't have any registered to your account, it won't allow you to buy anything. Same is true in both Amazon app store and Google Play store.

You can "purchase" the apps from the amazon website and download them later from you downloads list.

#1264 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

I FREAKING LOVE ZOOKEEPER

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#1265 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Akinator is freaking crazy! Have any of you been able to beat it before?

Yes, but it depends on how much in-depth knowledge you know about the character. Some characters it will confuse for other similar characters and the detail for all the databse entries are not the same.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#1266 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

FlipPix Art - Simple Pleasures free on amazon

http://www.amazon.co...PI/ref=mas_faad

Posted Image

#1267 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hope this is OK to ask here, hopefully it doesn't come up too too much.

Planning on moving from Windows Phone to Android.  I really enjoy mobile gaming, so how are the games and deals on the Android platform.  Any sort of "weekly deals" or specials?  I know Amazon seems to partner with the Google Play store from time to time and offer some good deals.

Thanks in advance.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1268 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hope this is OK to ask here, hopefully it doesn't come up too too much.

Planning on moving from Windows Phone to Android.  I really enjoy mobile gaming, so how are the games and deals on the Android platform.  Any sort of "weekly deals" or specials?  I know Amazon seems to partner with the Google Play store from time to time and offer some good deals.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't checked out the Windows Phone store so I can't compare them.

The Amazon app store is separate from the Google Play store, they don't partner up. Amazon has some good sales and offers a free app every day as well as other freebies on occasion. Most are bad, some are good. You can download an Android emulator right now called BlueStacks and put both the Google Play and Amazon App Store on it if you want to take advantage of any sales and specials between now and when you get your phone. 

Google does sales once in awhile, but great deals organized by them are somewhat far between. Unfortunately they don't allow apps to go free, but developers have ways around that to offer freebies, usually in the form of unlock codes or putting up free versions of their apps temporarily.

There are also a couple of apps that track sales and freebies. There's AppSales, App of the Day (UK only I believe, but you can download the .apk and manually put it on your phone), and AppGratis which is like App of the Day but for your phone. The first will keep you alerted to sales. The other two do free daily apps, often through the use of a code.

There's also the Humble Android and Mobile Bundles. There's one going on right now. You may want to pay a small amount before Wednesday to try and get the bonuses (they should unlock for everyone this time). You can probably avoid BTA right now. Carmageddon has been for 2 or 3 times already. https://www.humblebundle.com/

#1269 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Amazon has its own app store (separate from Google) with lots of sales and a free app every day:

http://www.amazon.co...node=2350149011

Google Play has some really good sales every now and then.

Humble Bundle and other "indie" bundles often have Android game bundles for really low prices. In fact, there's one running right now:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Lots of decent free apps on Google play but be choosy (and check app permissions).

#1270 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Amazon has its own app store (separate from Google) with lots of sales and a free app every day:

http://www.amazon.co...node=2350149011

Google Play has some really good sales every now and then.

Humble Bundle and other "indie" bundles often have Android game bundles for really low prices. In fact, there's one running right now:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Lots of decent free apps on Google play but be choosy (and check app permissions).

pretty sure amazon  has very  FEW SALES  maybe once a week if your lucky.

WOOOO I STINK

#1271 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Key an eye on this site:

http://www.app-sales.net/

I have it on my RSS reader.  Very useful, since it is not always easy to see what is on sale on Google play.  Amazon is on my bad side since most (all?) there apps require an internet connection all the time.  

ach.png

#1272 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but Modern Combat 4 is on sale on Google play for $1.  Just under a 2 gig download.

ach.png

#1273 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Key an eye on this site:

http://www.app-sales.net/

I have it on my RSS reader.  Very useful, since it is not always easy to see what is on sale on Google play.  Amazon is on my bad side since most (all?) there apps require an internet connection all the time.  

i have around  100 apps on my  kindle what none of then needs a connection. 

best i have   

kingdom rush

angry birds star wars

ninja cats vs dogs

garfields  def 1  and 2

order up

Middle Manager of Justice  best i found so far

about my top 10 

WOOOO I STINK

#1274 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Osmos HD is $0.99 on the Play Store (down from $2.99).

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#1275 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

They have at least one free app a day, usually more than one. It's far more than the Google Play store has.

pretty sure amazon  has very  FEW SALES  maybe once a week if your lucky.

#1276 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

i have around  100 apps on my  kindle what none of then needs a connection. 

best i have   

kingdom rush

angry birds star wars

ninja cats vs dogs

garfields  def 1  and 2

order up

Middle Manager of Justice  best i found so far

about my top 10 

I think I figured out what happens.  It needs an internet connection at least once when you start up the app, otherwise it says "needs a connection"  I installed probably 50 apps without opening them.  Then tried to open them without wifi, which gives the error.  You need to open the app at least once with wifi to get it to work without it.  I just tried it with one app right now.

http://www.androidpo...e-than-googles/

Though in the thread above it sounds like for some other people they need to refresh the token more often.

It might be partially device specific. I am using a Pantech Burst

ach.png

#1277 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

They have at least one free app a day, usually more than one. It's far more than the Google Play store has.

said sales not free apps.  amazon has what one free app a day they put up what is mostly  trash or spamwere

WOOOO I STINK

#1278 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Man I need good apps like HD Widgets and Nova Launcher to go on sale..

NoQf2AF.jpg

#1279 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

An app on sale for free is still on sale. And I've gotten some great apps from that. What's your beef with Amazon? Do you work for one of their competitors?

said sales not free apps.  amazon has what one free app a day they put up what is mostly  trash or spamwere

#1280 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

An app on sale for free is still on sale. And I've gotten some great apps from that. What's your beef with Amazon? Do you work for one of their competitors?

Just a bit of advice: don't try to reason with slidecage. Many have tried, none have succeeded, and his formatting will melt your brain should he get going. I don't want to go too much into it, but just know it's futile on your part no matter how the facts add up, trust me :headache:

#1281 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

its called

Free app of the day. So you know your going to get it  free everyday.  Something that comes every day  is not a sale  (at least not to me)

never knew of any store that can have one item on sale and  call it a  sale 

WOOOO I STINK

#1282 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

its called

Free app of the day. So you know your going to get it  free everyday.  Something that comes every day  is not a sale  (at least not to me)

never knew of any store that can have one item on sale and  call it a  sale 

You make my brain hurt.  

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1283 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

You make my brain hurt.

It made mine explode.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1284 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for the info guys.  Sorry it started a really stupid argument wit slidecage.

One question, people have said that the Android on Amazon and Google Play are different, but everything bought on either store should run on a new Android device, right?  

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1285 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the info guys.  Sorry it started a really stupid argument wit slidecage.

One question, people have said that the Android on Amazon and Google Play are different, but everything bought on either store should run on a new Android device, right?  

If an app is compatible with the device it won't matter which store you buy from. The only difference between the two is how updates are handled and pricing. If you have a device tied to either your Google or Amazon account, you can go to the store page on either Google Play or Amazon and it will tell you if it's compatible/incompatible, though on occasion certain devices that can run the apps fine are still excluded for no apparent reason.

It's a bit confusing at first, but once you get the gist of it it's not so bad, and you get all the other benefits of Android for it ^_^

#1286 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Pretty much. Google won't let you install an app if the developer hasn't marked it as compatible for your device. 

#1287 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thanks guys!  I'll probably be grabbing an S4 when I can find it for a good price.

#1288 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Guess whats on sale guys :)

https://play.google....oudtv.hdwidgets

NoQf2AF.jpg

#1289 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

pretty freaking sweet, didn't know about the free app a day thing. 

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#1290 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

I just saw the preview for that.  You might want to check out WidgetLocker.  It doesn't come with a set of configurable widget like HD Widgets, but it does come with a slew of predefined widgets AND you can use ANY widget by ANY other app.