Sell Me on a PS3

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:38 PM

No, if you're buying a 500 dollar machine, you're already not cheap, but maybe you should've spent the extra 100 for the better model.

Sticks are terrible? PLEASE bullshit some more. They work perfectly fine.
You're whining about a situation specific to you, everyone has access to a usb port. It's not that difficult.

Whatever dude, I'm not arguing with you anymore. I expect this fanboy bullshit from gamefaqs but not around here. You are completely unwilling to budge on anything with the ps3. Enjoy telling yourself that 360 games are garbage while I have fun with both systems exclusives.

#62 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

LOL. I never said 360 games are garbage.

You seem to spew bullshit about stuff that isn't true. How come 200 million plus playstation gamers never complained about the analog sticks but apparently they're "crap"?

They work perfectly. For FPS's, for sport games, for everything. Maybe you don't like the positioning of the sticks but if you can't do a simple analog stick turn in heavy rain, its your fault. Or your controller is faulty.

#63 Verloren

Verloren

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:27 AM

This thread is mildly entertaining

/troll

#64 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:09 AM

Whatever dude, I'm not arguing with you anymore. I expect this fanboy bullshit from gamefaqs but not around here. You are completely unwilling to budge on anything with the ps3. Enjoy telling yourself that 360 games are garbage while I have fun with both systems exclusives.

haha Lurk here more.

#65 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:44 AM

If you should own 2 consoles this gen, one of them definitely wouldn't be the Wii

#66 Dendaman

Dendaman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:48 AM

I'd say the chances are high that the OP already has a PS3 and created this thread solely for entertainment purposes. Can't really blame him; it never fails.

Honestly when it comes to arguing over dumb shit like the d-pad, maybe it's time to go outside.
Posted Image

#67 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

it's basically the best blu-ray player.. just get one.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#68 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:30 AM

The Wii definitely isn't next gen and the first party titles don't really utilize the Wii controls, except for Metroid Prime 3. Considering how short the game is, it's not worth it.

#69 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:34 AM

Tl:dr

#70 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

The amount of people who DON'T read the thread just so they can add their suggestions staggers me. Self-importance with a hint of ignorance at its finest ladies and gents.

Welcome to the internet.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#71 Anhmeister

Anhmeister

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

What is you're point? Charging the controller through the computer still means the computer has to be on. I'm not one that enjoys leaving things on for no reason. And my point is still valid, just because I can charge the thing in my pc doesn't mean that if it dies during gaming I just have to quit and wait for a recharge.

Since when did you have to stop playing and wait for the Dualshock 3 to charge before playing again?

#72 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

I rarely need to charge my controller while I'm playing. I have 2 controllers, so when one dies, I use the other. Then when both are out of juice, I plug them up to the AC/USB adapter overnight, and I'm good to go for another 2 - 3 weeks.

#73 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:07 PM

I rarely need to charge my controller while I'm playing. I have 2 controllers, so when one dies, I use the other. Then when both are out of juice, I plug them up to the AC/USB adapter overnight, and I'm good to go for another 2 - 3 weeks.

or if one of them is running low on juice, I just plug it in with my 12ft. usb cord. and keep playing, and after about an hour its back to 3 bars.

#74 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

The only thing I could sell you on a PS3 is Demon's Souls & Valkyria Chronicles. Blu-Ray is cool too. But otherwise, you can find similar experiences on the Xbox 360 you already own. Also, unless you can find an original 60gb PS3, I don't think I'd buy a PS3 at all.
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#75 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

If you should own 2 consoles this gen, one of them definitely wouldn't be the Wii

absolutely. I got super mario galaxy, mario kart, and new super mario bros for my 360 last week.

#76 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

The only thing I could sell you on a PS3 is Demon's Souls & Valkyria Chronicles. Blu-Ray is cool too. But otherwise, you can find similar experiences on the Xbox 360 you already own. Also, unless you can find an original 60gb PS3, I don't think I'd buy a PS3 at all.

Dude, worst advice ever. If you need BC go for the 80Gb that have it (though they are software based, they are 99% compatible), the 60BC is the only PS3 that seems to have consistent hardware problems. Otherwise just go for the 120 Gb, which is cheap and realiable
Posted Image

#77 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

What is similar on the XBox exclusives to MLB The Show, Heavy Rain, MAG, Uncharted 1 and 2, MGS 4, Ratchet and Clank TOD and ACIT, God of War 1,2,3 and Infamous?

Edited by wildcpac, 09 March 2010 - 05:28 PM.

#78 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

What is similar on the XBox exclusives to MLB The Show, Uncharted 1 and 2, MGS 4, Ratchet and Clank TOD and ACIT, God of War 1,2,3 and Infamous?

You forgot Heavy Rain and MAG and some pretty unique PSN exclusives like PixelJunk Eden and Shooter, Flower, etc.
Posted Image

#79 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

You forgot Heavy Rain and MAG and some pretty unique PSN exclusives like PixelJunk Eden and Shooter, Flower, etc.

Exactly, there are too many to list.

Edited by wildcpac, 09 March 2010 - 10:28 PM.

#80 ryanflucas

ryanflucas

Game Boy Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

Well an interesting read this has been. Thanks to those of you who had something constructive to post, your comments were really helpful. Those of you who sat here and complained over how stupid I must be for making the topic, guess what? You whiny babies wasted time posting responses. Good job! :applause:

Have I bought one yet? Nope.

I'm interested in God of War 3 and Heavy Rain, but that's about it. Well maybe Yakuza 3 a little. The more I browse online for videos and pics of exclusive titles, the more I find that so many of these games are eye candy, not so much content. I found that one of my friends had a PS3 so I tried a few games. Unless it's a cross platform title or a big promoted game, it feels like a single player experience. The 360 community online just feels more fun then PSN.

I like the idea of having a Blu-Ray player that gets more frequent firmware updates since it is also a video game system. The cost savings however between buying the PS3 and extended warranty vs a regular Blu-Ray player is pretty big. Almost enough for me to just get a nice mid range Blu-Ray player and be done. Plus most Blu-Ray players I'm considering have integrated ethernet anyway.

My only remaining question is this: If you turn on the PS3 and put in a Blu-Ray movie, how long before it starts? Is there any warmup time, or a delay before it reads and loads the movie? The only thing stopping me from buying a Blu-Ray player today is that most local stores don't have them connected to compare warmup times. Best Buy keeps one sony model hooked to a few tv's and thats it. I think I might actually have to venture into a Flanners store to get a worthy comparison.

#81 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:19 AM

Well an interesting read this has been. Thanks to those of you who had something constructive to post, your comments were really helpful. Those of you who sat here and complained over how stupid I must be for making the topic, guess what? You whiny babies wasted time posting responses. Good job! :applause:

Have I bought one yet? Nope.

I'm interested in God of War 3 and Heavy Rain, but that's about it. Well maybe Yakuza 3 a little. The more I browse online for videos and pics of exclusive titles, the more I find that so many of these games are eye candy, not so much content. I found that one of my friends had a PS3 so I tried a few games. Unless it's a cross platform title or a big promoted game, it feels like a single player experience. The 360 community online just feels more fun then PSN.

I like the idea of having a Blu-Ray player that gets more frequent firmware updates since it is also a video game system. The cost savings however between buying the PS3 and extended warranty vs a regular Blu-Ray player is pretty big. Almost enough for me to just get a nice mid range Blu-Ray player and be done. Plus most Blu-Ray players I'm considering have integrated ethernet anyway.

My only remaining question is this: If you turn on the PS3 and put in a Blu-Ray movie, how long before it starts? Is there any warmup time, or a delay before it reads and loads the movie? The only thing stopping me from buying a Blu-Ray player today is that most local stores don't have them connected to compare warmup times. Best Buy keeps one sony model hooked to a few tv's and thats it. I think I might actually have to venture into a Flanners store to get a worthy comparison.

This is getting old... it's been 5 pages already. if I could, I'd close this dumb ass thread and refer you to page 49, where we've reviewed this situation several years ago. You either buy one or you don't..... by the time we get to page 7 you'll be contemplating about how the PS3 power consumption may affect your light bill...
Posted Image

#82 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:07 AM

or if one of them is running low on juice, I just plug it in with my 12ft. usb cord. and keep playing, and after about an hour its back to 3 bars.

Yeah, if you really need to do that, you can. I got the 2 expensive Sony USB cords on clearance at K-mart for $2 :D
They're wrapped in some kind of woven plastic mesh LOL super-heavy duty, and they don't tangle. Pretty nice find for $2...
Posted Image Posted Image

#83 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:21 AM

The more I browse online for videos and pics of exclusive titles, the more I find that so many of these games are eye candy, not so much content.

Ummmm, what? Uncharted 1 & 2 say "hello." Go to metacritc and look at PS3 titles > 80.

http://www.metacriti...mes/ps3/scores/

Quit wasting our fraking time.
Posted Image Posted Image