Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

MtlTom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
28_ssf409.jpg

SSF4 Gaming Groups:
CAG Fighter IV - General CAG Fighting game group. All skill levels are welcomed but this is mostly geared towards intermediate/advanced players. Great for beginner players wanting to step up your game. Run by me (MtlTom)

CAG Scrub Club - Geared towards novice/intermediate/casual players. Run by A Happy Panda.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Ken's cheap now?[/QUOTE]

He's particularly noob friendly.

I wonder if the (inevitable) collector's edition will be disappointing this time around?

[quote name='jonathanp']He's particularly noob friendly.[/QUOTE]

Same thing, right?

Didn't mean to thread-dump. I put the SS4 in today and remembered why I love this game so much.

Can't wait either, the hype is off the charts for this one.

If anyone wants some good practice against Rufus/Sim/Rog feel free to hit me up (it beats playing random shotos all day long on XBL).

[quote name='jonathanp']He's particularly noob friendly.

I wonder if the (inevitable) collector's edition will be disappointing this time around?[/QUOTE]

Have yet to see anything about a collectors edition. Anyone heard anything yet?

Dudley's move list is ridiculous. I can't WAIT for this to come out because I haven't taken the fighter genre seriously since I quit playing them back in high school. I guess I'm going to have to give into temptation and buy a decent stick for this online.

[quote name='R1V3R5']Have yet to see anything about a collectors edition. Anyone heard anything yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope but I will cancel my preorder and order it.

Have they said what owners of SFIV will get for getting SSIV?

[quote name='sendme']Nope but I will cancel my preorder and order it.

Have they said what owners of SFIV will get for getting SSIV?[/QUOTE]

Nope, they said it's a surprise. I'm sure will learn closer to the release though. Probably just a title or something in SSFIV.

[quote name='R1V3R5']Nope, they said it's a surprise. I'm sure will learn closer to the release though. Probably just a title or something in SSFIV.[/QUOTE]

My money is on unlocking the costumes from the first game.

that be cool and funny if in the game mode where you can watch online matches had an ability so you can vote or yell or do something to make the guy continually playing ken to get punished!

I just preordered this from Amazon. I had $30 in credits. $20 for BFBC2, and I don't even know where the other $10 came from.

But SSFIV for $10? YES PLEASE!

The previous SF4 owner surprise is supposed to be revealed next month. I can't wait for this game... counting the days down. :)

i'll be getting both versions but will be playing mostly on the 360.

[quote name='uglyteradon']My money is on unlocking the costumes from the first game.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. I'd love to play as Shirtless Ryu, or Sakura in her gym class outfit, but I won't play extra for shit thats already on my disc.

[quote name='Puffa469']That would be nice. I'd love to play as Shirtless Ryu, or Sakura in her gym class outfit, but I won't play extra for shit thats already on my disc.[/QUOTE]

I would love for that to be the surprise. I already have the Brawler Pack which I got for free, so to get the rest of the other costumes for free would be great.

[quote name='uglyteradon']My money is on unlocking the costumes from the first game.[/QUOTE]
It'd be nice, but I think I remember hearing that you'll need to have purchased the costumes from the 1st game in order for them to work in the 2nd. I could be completely mistaken but who knows?

If they are going to charge for the Alt costumes, I just hope they release the discounted pack with ALL of them included when the game comes out. I bought them in that cheaper pack, but I know it upset a lot of people.

[quote name='Onsyman']can't wait for Dudley!![/QUOTE]

^This + Makoto and especially Cody. Cody was one of my favorites in the Alpha series and from what I've read he is shaping up to be a high mid-tier character in SSF4. I let the chance to delve into 3rd Strike pass me by so I can't wait to rectify that mistake starting with learning Makoto. The learning curve will probably remain rather high for me since I'm rusty but I'm looking forward to learning the genre all over again.

I can't wait until next month when I can get my hands on a decent stick to start practicing in SF4 until Super's release. Any chance of a friendly CAG tournament in the future guys? ;)

I'll get raped by players. Im not a fighter game person because of the mechanics and the hit detection. (i could show a pick of ryu kicking a guy while his foot is in the opposite direction for example...) plus im horrible at button pressing commands and will end up just doing punches and kicks. if fighting games allowed me to use my brain then i would be unstoppable. but that aint happening.

my record will be 10 - 200 online. the last time i played a fighting game online. i NEVER got a chance to even punch the players characters because they knew so much about combos.

i personally love the inclusion of Adon

I'm just as bad as you timesplitt. I still like to play them but get my ass handed to me every time.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Any chance of a friendly CAG tournament in the future guys? ;)[/QUOTE]
Absolutely! I know the game is going to have a tournament system as (free) DLC down the road, but we can probably get our own system going. Other than that, there's always Endless Battle.

I made a Silver Tag for anyone interested in fighting games. Hopefully it'll be a way to keep all the CAG fighting game enthusiasts in touch, get matches together easier, and set up tournaments/game nights easier. It's call CAG Fighter IV.

Here is the profile on Xbox Live.

If I don't approve the requests right away - I have some stuff going on this week so I'll start adding people over the weekend.

I sent a request as well. Ugh... I can't wait to get my hands on a proper stick. I want to practice so badly right now it is driving me nuts. ;(

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I sent a request as well. Ugh... I can't wait to get my hands on a proper stick. I want to practice so badly right now it is driving me nuts. ;([/QUOTE]

I sent one as well and let me tell you, once I got my fight stick I think I got a lot better at execution (I'm not that great but still...).

[quote name='MtlTom']I made a Silver Tag for anyone interested in fighting games. Hopefully it'll be a way to keep all the CAG fighting game enthusiasts in touch, get matches together easier, and set up tournaments/game nights easier. It's call CAG Fighter IV.

Here is the profile on Xbox Live.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for setting this up! I just sent a FR.

I'm up anytime to play SFIV or SSF2THDR if I'm not playing a game with anyone else. I've also got a big backlog of fighters on the 360 (BlazBlue, MKvDCU, BattleFantasia, VF5, DoA4, KoFXII) if you're up for something else besides Street Fighter or if you have TvC:UAS for the Wii, hit me up on Live and we can chat during matches.

My XBL tag is: Shinobi Hanzo

I cannot wait for SSFIV - I really want to try out Adon and Ibuki in this version. I hope the us get's a CE version with something good packaged in it!

Has anyone heard of how the new SSF4 anime is going to be made available? It's getting late in the game to announce a CE (just under 6 weeks left.)

[quote name='kaypatch']I've spent more money on Street Fighter games than any other franchise...ugh! :p[/QUOTE]

If I include joysticks in the total, then I may be able to make that same claim.

I've been forbidden to buy any more sticks! :cry:

anyone want to play with me for fun and HELP me along when its out.. (if you do and then get bored don't be afraid to be like. "you know what dude im bored and you suck im leaving!")

since ive never played 4 I'll likely try Guile and El Fuerte from original SF4(dont have) and when i get SF4S I'll likely us a lot of Adon.

Ive only played so much sf2 and sf alpha but when i played those i used Adon/Dee Jay

I might be able to show you some Guile tricks.. but only cuz I specialize in charge characters. Really, the only character I can honestly claim to "know" is Blanka. All the other charge characters I play similarly. Chun, Bison, Balrog, Guile.. whatever. I have my basic "Charge Character Strategies". When it comes to Blanka it's a completely different story though.

I'd like to try & get an HD Remix night this coming Tuesday (3/23) if anyone is interested. I'll send invites that night to anyone on the CAG Fighter IV tag. 9PM EST, be there.

By the way, should I make a separate thread for that tag to coordinate stuff like this or just leave in in this thread/the fighting game thread?

PS: In case you missed it, there's a BUNCH of new SSF4 vids on this guy's YouTube. The best part about it is there are actually decent players in the video. http://www.youtube.com/user/RajmanGamingHD

[quote name='Puffa469']That would be nice. I'd love to play as Shirtless Ryu, or Sakura in her gym class outfit, but I won't play extra for shit thats already on my disc.[/QUOTE]

I figure the reason the DLC attires are already on the disc, is so people who dont have them, can still fight people who did buy them. Otherwise if they dont put it on the disc, you really divide the players up based on who has what pack, who can fight who, and that would be a really big mess.

Why can't they make the 360 fight-pad wireless? It would be so much easier to store if I didn't have to wrap it up and unwind it every time I wanted to play a fighting game.

I had thought Microsoft had lifted this awkward ban on wireless 3rd party technology.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Why can't they make the 360 fight-pad wireless? It would be so much easier to store if I didn't have to wrap it up and unwind it every time I wanted to play a fighting game.

I had thought Microsoft had lifted this awkward ban on wireless 3rd party technology.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's because of lag reasons. When a game requires precise movements like a fighter it's better not to use wireless. Input lag and such...

bread's done
Back