Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #191: Motion Fighters

• Please log in to reply
497 replies to this topic

#271 chris24680

chris24680

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:00 PM

Long time listener first time commenter. Thought the show was great as always. I can's wait to get my chums around to play motion fighter. Does anyone know if it has sub-controller support?

#272 Jonman

Jonman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

Hey Cheapy.

On the topic of picking up radio interference, twisted pair wire may help. You could try braiding your speaker wire together to see if it helps. Simply twist the two lines of your speaker cable run together to make a helix of the cable run. The tigher the twist, the better.

I don't expect that'll help you much, but give it a go. A better bet is installing RF chokes onto your cables.

Have a look here: https://www.radiodan...s/RF_chokes.htm

#273 Albo

Albo

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

This podcast is the best. I like how transparent CheapyD is. He's not afraid to tell us anything. I like that Boatcrash has become a regular as well.

I dont like Wombat that much, sorry Wombat. Great show though

#274 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

Always love hearing about Cheapy's robo-toilet and robo-tub!

And dude, if I could get 1 gigabit internet for $20/month I would get it just because I could.
Posted Image

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 2406 5141 9292

#275 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

Always love hearing about Cheapy's robo-toilet and robo-tub!

And dude, if I could get 1 gigabit internet for $20/month I would get it just because I could.

I like how you guys tell it how it really is. I agree that Project Shitbox and the Sony BM are both going to suck. I don't understand what's up with all these motion controls. I want to sit on my ass when playing games not jump around.
Posted Image

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 2406 5141 9292

#276 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

Funny show!!! I really had hard time controlling my laugh on the train this time. Mooning the Tokyo tower is priceless...

#277 bbev46060

bbev46060

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

Great show guys but not NEARLY enough sarcasm.

Can I have the $60 Amazon credit now?

#278 bawlsack

bawlsack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

I'm not gonna brown nose like the rest of these dudes, I just want that damn gift card.

#279 Viper139

Viper139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

I really hope shipreck enjoys Final Fantasy 13
Posted Image Check out my blogs :D

#280 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

GIft card? Oh wow!
[cp][/cp]

#281 BlindPete

BlindPete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

Great show, keep up the great work.

#282 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

Good show.

I'm not going to jump on the Wombat hate train but I do remember liking him a lot more in the past than recently on the podcast. Either way Cheapy still sucks more. I'm enjoying Shipwreck on the podcast as well.

#283 Kuromimi

Kuromimi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:35 AM

This is the most comments I've seen for a CAGcast. Anyways great show!
Posted Image

#284 DragoonKnight

DragoonKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

Good show. Nothing really stood out to me, though I do agree with the sentiments about motion technology. Seems like such an awful direction for gaming. Also, I'm not sure how interesting a Bioshock 2 roundtable would be. The story is paper-thin IMHO. I wish they would have fleshed out your character more than they did.

#285 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

Good show guys. I like how Wombat has evidently been silenced about the DRM in Assassin's Creed II. I don't think Wombat takes away from the show though and I like his jokes a lot. I was listening to the show with his Simpson's reference "what advantages does this have over a train which I could also afford" and loved it. I feel your pain as I make these jokes and almost nobody ever gets them, but when they do its great.

Cheapy, I don't know why you are ever considered a villian. You seem generous - giving away a GC to somebody posting about the show.

Boatcrash, they were right about you, you do add to the show.

Keep up the good work guys.
Posted Image

#286 Grantimus

Grantimus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:56 AM

Great show guys! I love the website and the podcast!

#287 able_to_think

able_to_think

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:25 AM

Great show guys! Love the PlayStation BMoveMent I really don't want to have another stupid piece of plastic crap around my house. Also Wombat asked about batteries and no it doesn't use AAs it has the same battery as the Dualshock 3 the lightbulb part lasts 10 hours and the sub controller has 30 according to an interview with Shu Yoshida at GDC. Thought you might want to know and keep up the great work!

#288 eeweathers

eeweathers

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:27 AM

Great podcast! There needs to be another show with the trio of Mrs. Cheapy, Mrs. Wombat, and Mrs. Boatcrash added into the mix. I kinda miss CAG Foreplay.

#289 4est

4est

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:31 AM

Great show as usual. And since we know Cheapy's dad listens to the show and generally criticizes Cheapy's spending. We need to hear his opinion on the kitchen cabinets.

At this point Sony can call that controller what ever they want. To the general public its a Nunchuck and a Remote/Wiimote.

#290 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:57 AM

Four "Greats" in a row. :)

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#291 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:01 AM

This is the most comments I've seen for a CAGcast. Anyways great show!

If you've listened to the show, then you know why that is.

But in any case, I really enjoyed this one. Personally, however, I would really like to hear more about Cheapy's bathtub. Are all Tokyo bathroom fixtures self-aware, or is that particular aspect of the coming robot revolution reserved exclusively for the wealthy? And if the latter is the case,then what would that do for the conventional prediction that, after the revolution, "power will inevitably be concentrated in the hands of the very few: Those who control the technology, and their disproportionately attractive wives?"

Edited by mokmoof, 13 March 2010 - 04:26 AM.

#292 spacecowboy 1138

spacecowboy 1138

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

Another great show guys, wish my shower had the ability to become self aware

#293 Zvolen

Zvolen

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:05 AM

I agree - laughed a few times out loud. Wombat wanted some tips on how to be better, easy:
1. Give something away each show
2. Boatcrash, play more games
3. CheapyD, Keep up the obscure discussion whether about the site, etc - its why we listen
4. Wombat, Keep up the lame puns

#294 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

Loved the show. I want to install a bath computer now.
To each his own.

#295 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:08 AM

The real problem with OnLive is that it uses a lot of bandwidth when you're streaming the games in HD. If you have Comcast, like most people in the United States, you'll hit your 250 GB monthly cap after 60 hours of playing, assuming that you only use your connection for OnLive.

That's a problem, I think.

Good show guys. I always enjoy it.

#296 DarthCAG

DarthCAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:31 AM

Great show! I would agree with others that you should avoid the live call in shows due to audio quality! The audio of the regular shows is outstanding! More shipwreck!

#297 hanano17

hanano17

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:33 AM

New to the podcasts, pretty good!

#298 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

i have to admit i like the show a lot more when im drunk. by the way of course amazon won the best of everything, they just happen to be the best.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#299 FFX2

FFX2

The drunken one....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:46 AM

new cagcast episode, gonna download right away!

#300 gokieks

gokieks

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:17 AM

Completely agreed with Shipwreck on the Sega releases. I really have to wonder who at Sega decided it was a good idea to release both Yakuza 3 and Resonance of Fate within a week of Final Fantasy XIII (and within a month or so of 2 other semi-high profile JPRGs, White Knight Chronicles and Star Ocean 4 International), which also lead to the cut of content from Yakuza 3 and subsequent backlash, while practically setting it up for commercial failure.