CAGcast #191: Motion Fighters

• Please log in to reply
497 replies to this topic

#31 Frogurt.man

Frogurt.man

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Believe it or not there are socially well-adjusted human beings like myself

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anywho can't wait to listen to the show. The show is so much better with 3 host.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 retrovertigo

retrovertigo

It's inexplicable!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:03 PM

I agree with Wombat on Chime. I didn't get it either. I tried the demo, and while $5 is an excellent price to a game, and it's nice to know that most of that will go to charity, it just wasn't that compelling to me.

I'm glad that people have been downloading and enjoying it, though.

#33 JinKazama

JinKazama

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

I enjoyed listening to the CAGcast. Good information on the CAGcast about SEGA releasing 10 games in the last 3 months. You guys are doing a great job on the CAGcast, keep it up.

#34 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:46 PM

Glad to hear a new podcast up. And NOTHING makes me feel better as I'm scraping together pennies for video games than to hear someone complain about their luxury apartment with desirable view...

#35 zwitterion117

zwitterion117

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

Good show, but maybe you should hold off on contests til the end of the show, so I don't have to stop listening halfway through just to enter. Also, how about a version of the site for mible phones.

#36 Googer

Googer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

Cheapy,

The audio cables you're referring to are probably balanced audio cables. Chances are you wouldn't be buying anything nearly high-end enough to use them though. :-P

#37 Burb

Burb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

Monoprice.com any cable that is twisted will do!

#38 StriderNo9

StriderNo9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

Cheapy YOU SAID YOU'D READ MY COMMENT IF I PUT IT IN ALL CAPS, SO HERE IT IS. EVER FEEL LIKE SINCE YOU LIKE HOWARD STERN SO MUCH, YOU SORT OF APE HIS STYLE? IT'S NOT A BAD THING SO KEEP IT UP. ALSO TELL WOMBAT HE DOES BEST WHEN HE IS THE INFORMATIVE ONE NOT THE JEALOUS SIDEKICK, HE KNOWS HIS STUFF AND HIS OPINION ON GAMING IS USUALLY SPOT ON BUT SOMETIMES HE DOES THAT JEALOUS JEW THING A BIT TOO MUCH. SHIPWRECK, YOU ARE FINE... I GUESS. ALTHOUGH YOUR TASTE IN GAMING IS A BIT MEH.

GOOD SHOW.

#39 testudo

testudo

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

Great show Cheap and Boat Crash... (fruit of the) Woombat step it up!

AKA Cheap Ass Gamera
"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Listen to the best podcast in the sustainable world: RSS

#40 gorgo

gorgo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

Cheapy, speaking of the Hal Halpin thing, my recent experience is:

I went to the website and found that YOU CAN NOW CANCEL your membership through the site.
After cancelling, I started getting daily newsletters from them (never got them when I was a member). I went to the site and confirmed I was set NOT to receive email from them. The unsubscribe link in the email newsletter says it works, but it doesn't.

What a douche company. Seriously, did his 8 year old nephew build that site?

I've now marked them as spam.

#41 psyXcho

psyXcho

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:36 PM

Personally I love the show. It help gets me through the day as a stay at home dad. Hearing other people just shooting the shit, even in the background, keeps me sane. Also amuses the lil one as well. Keep up the good work guys.

#42 Bretts31344

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

Good show. I like the little stories about Japanese electronics/utilities. Cheapy, don't waste your money on a soundbar or single "surround sound" speaker. Those can't beat true, 5.1 surround sound speakers.

#43 nightravenx

nightravenx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

Really enjoyed this one. So agreeing on all of the motion control nonsense. The 3-guy dynamic really came together this show. Time to get ol' Boatcrash on the CAGcast graphic, don't ya think?

#44 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

50 dollar gift card

#45 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

Cheapy, try using some Cat 5/6 cable for your speaker wire. use one color(both strands) for the positive and another for negative. Good luck, spacepimp!

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#46 Toschi2222

Toschi2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

Oh come on guys, get of wombats back. He's probably the main reason I am listening to this show. Cheapy is pretty funny when he is talking about holes in his underwear or pooping in some showers and crashboat is really knowledgeable about videogames but wombat stupid jokes make me crack up most of the time. Just respect his honest opinion about chime, god of war 3, etc.
Great Show by the way and keep up the good work!

#47 KingFudd

KingFudd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:05 PM

I am listening to it right now, and I find it pretty funny you receive Japanese radio when you put on your headset.

#48 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

Wombat was right(as usual), Dark Sector is $5 at Five Below. I got my still unopened copy months ago. http://www.cheapassg...?t=220677<br />

#49 visorman30

visorman30

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

haha, I laughed when you guys brought up the Gamepro review because I was the second comment, as user snuhzone, and have been dogging that reviewer since his Darksiders review.

#50 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

[font size= HUGE!!] JOHN SNOW?!?!?![/font size]

Wombat? you missed it man!

#51 YesterdaysRising

YesterdaysRising

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

I'm gonna have to try the Just Cause 2 demo. You guys made it sound pretty sweet.

#52 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

I don't know why anyone would dislike or complain about Wombat in the least bit. I love hearing what he's got to say.

Wombat, don't pay the hecklers any mind, you're a great guy!

#53 ducci

ducci

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

I have no idea how anyone can be so mean to Wombat. Really good guy.

Edit: Nice timing on the post above me.

#54 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

You want constructive comments? Let's have more discussion of value for money on gaming purchases.

As I've often wondered with many a professional gaming journalist, I fear that having new release games given free by the publisher to BoatCrash may affect his judgment in a given review.

#55 zephyr702

zephyr702

When is there going to be more stories like naked pizza guy? Your guy's taste in games are all terrible :D

#56 magicdramatic

magicdramatic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Oh, this show was really funny. Keep up the good work, guys! :)

#57 atlas cutsman

atlas cutsman

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hey cheapy love the site and,I love the podcast even more.i am actually starting up a gaming website my self and c.a.g. was definitely one of my main influences.do not worry i am not going to shamelessly slip the name of the site in this comment to plug it.I love the reviews boat crash oh,and wombat,RIGHT HERE BUDDY NOTE:i am holding up my middle finger while punching an actual wombat.You know guilty by association.Anyway love the show,loved the episode keep up the good work.

#58 bsachtjen

bsachtjen

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

hey Wombat and Ship, in the Just Cause 2 demo, shoot the top(like where you would connect the source its going to) of the "propane" tank then just shoot the grappling hook at the same spot right after it. its really easy! Also, there is a granade launcher if you go to the first spot right down from your "base"

There is a sports car behind where the colonial is on the back right side of the building closest to your "base"

there is a plane to the left of where the colonial is that is really fun and easy to drive.

also, they flying the helicopter straight up until your above the clouds then jump out and try and get back into it, if you do its really funny.

awesome game though! GOOD SHOW, keep up the good work!

#59 Reduced Sodium

Reduced Sodium

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

All three of you are making a consistently okay show. ;)

And the site just keeps getting better, Cheapy.

#60 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

Just started listening to the show not too long ago. Keeping it on my subscribe list. Always nice to have more game podcasts to listen to during a long work day.

Though I get sick listening about the luxury Japanese apartment:-P