#91 J7.

J7.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:35 AM

Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle $3 for both the 360 and PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour Drums $30
Nyko Wireless Guitar $10
Guitar Hero III Guitar bundle $20
Guitar Hero World Tour? Guitar bundle $20

I went back to TRU and these were the shelf tags.

Did the prices end in .00 or .98/.99?

#92 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:21 AM

Hmmm, where's the original TRU clearance thread? Graveyard or somewhere waaaaaaaaaaaay back in deals?

Because I thought Dragon Quest V was noted as on clearance. A store near me suddenly had 4 copies of it that weren't there before, though marked 29.99 and behind the glass. I didn't have time to get them out and have them checked...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#93 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:23 AM

Did the prices end in .00 or .98/.99?

They are .00

But I have ssen the tags at 2 different locations (both were sold out of the product).

#94 VashandWolfwood

VashandWolfwood

Space Available For Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:40 AM

Hmmm, where's the original TRU clearance thread? Graveyard or somewhere waaaaaaaaaaaay back in deals?

Because I thought Dragon Quest V was noted as on clearance. A store near me suddenly had 4 copies of it that weren't there before, though marked 29.99 and behind the glass. I didn't have time to get them out and have them checked...

Price mark-ups do occur sometimes for games, going from clearance to a nonclearance price.
Posted Image

#95 J7.

J7.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:20 PM

They are .00

But I have ssen the tags at 2 different locations (both were sold out of the product).

I see thanks. I guess I'll give them a call.

The only Dragon Quest on clearance from the old list was
9.99----- 00.00---081109--000000--Dragon Quest VIII

#96 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:01 AM

Where do you guys look for the ones who score the ps3s? The only thing i see clearance is the $9.99 games and under bin. And they don't put consoles and games out so how are you guys grabbing those?
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#97 Jack

Jack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:36 AM

Thanks for posting. I picked up Spyborgs and Samba de Amigo.
Brawl: 1892-4510-3504

#98 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:42 AM

Went to 3 TRU's in my area, just to see if those insane GH prices were valid. All those games were long gone. So this may be case of just one store having unsold, weird stock, so the manager has free reign to mark them down however he likes.

As I understand it from prior markdowns, clearance is at the manager's discretion. Which is why one store has something for 75-90% off, and another down the road has it for 10% off.

If someone actually finds these items, I'd love to hear about it. That's an amazing score.

#99 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:41 AM

Went to 3 TRU's in my area, just to see if those insane GH prices were valid. All those games were long gone. So this may be case of just one store having unsold, weird stock, so the manager has free reign to mark them down however he likes.

As I understand it from prior markdowns, clearance is at the manager's discretion. Which is why one store has something for 75-90% off, and another down the road has it for 10% off.

If someone actually finds these items, I'd love to hear about it. That's an amazing score.

The manager doesn't actually doesn't set the clearance prices themselves, corporate sends lists. However, if it doesn't sell within a certain time, managers can mark it down further, which is what the red square sticker tags you see on beat up or open package products.

#100 J7.

J7.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:25 AM

Where do you guys look for the ones who score the ps3s? The only thing i see clearance is the $9.99 games and under bin. And they don't put consoles and games out so how are you guys grabbing those?

I don't think anyone here scored one, they just found out that they were clearanced in the system. 40 gb PS3's are long gone probably at 95% of TRUs.

#101 josh62488

josh62488

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:49 AM

so theres no why to search for products online availability for TRU stores?

#102 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

so theres no why to search for products online availability for TRU stores?

TRU does have an online stock checker, but it only works for some items -- unfortunately, I have never seen a video game related product on their site that hasn't had the words "this item does not participate in the check store inventory feature" in its listing. I've never seen any kind of explanation for why they exclude games from it (makes no sense, really, as one would presume they would track all of their store inventory in the same way), but there you go.

I love the bizarre sense of agency in that phrasing, though -- as if the item itself has chosen not to "participate" in their system.

#103 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

There's a new TRU leaflet by the registers containing $5 off $25 discount coupons for the weeks of 4/11 thru 4/24. They usually work on games from past experience. Something to look out for on your trips there.

My Current Lowball Sale is NOW CLOSED.  I lost so much sweat & tears. [cries] 

animePSP2.jpg

#104 J7.

J7.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:53 AM

Buy 1 $19.99 or under get 1 30% off 3/26 & 3/27 only as seen on the Easter Ad. http://toysrus.shopl...ion=entryflash
AND
ShinAkuma in the other thread wrote: April 2nd and 3rd is indeed buy one get one half off all games, all systems. It is buy one get one half off all 39.99 or more wii games all week and buy one get one half off all blu ray and DVD all week though.
http://www.cheapassg...01&postcount=12

#105 theironunkind

theironunkind

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:14 AM

went to toysrus in janesville wisconsin today

GHIII guitar bundle was clearance 39.99 both ps3 and 360
GHWT guitar bundle was 49.99 both ps3 and 360
RB2 SE full kit was full price 139.99

couldnt find an associate to price check so i actually carried them out of the video games department to scan - setting off alarms in the process

needless to say i was totally bummed. anyhoo, the $20 price is bogus

not a single ps3 to be found either.......

#106 J7.

J7.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

went to toysrus in janesville wisconsin today

GHIII guitar bundle was clearance 39.99 both ps3 and 360
GHWT guitar bundle was 49.99 both ps3 and 360
RB2 SE full kit was full price 139.99

couldnt find an associate to price check so i actually carried them out of the video games department to scan - setting off alarms in the process

needless to say i was totally bummed. anyhoo, the $20 price is bogus

not a single ps3 to be found either.......

:lol: I'm sorry for laughing but I can clearly picture some person doing that hahaha trying to get a pricecheck and the store being all he's stealing the boxes! Get em! Then some dude runs and tackles you and you hold your arm up with a list of TRU clearance markdowns and yell Noooooo El Hoardoooooo as El Hoardo walks over you arms full of games.

#107 unopepito06

unopepito06

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:40 AM

Lol damn you El Hoardo!!!

Well fortunately I was able to beat him to my TRU and picked up the last copy of Spyborgs; I'm 2 for 2 so far. Totally forgot to ask about ps3s or check GH stuff, but there was absolutely no one around the videogames dept, so probably wouldn't have happened anyway...

#108 NipPicker

NipPicker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

picked up

fatal fury v1
fatal fury v2
geoneo collesium
the 5 pack bundle
the samba crap thingy
a few more .... found a tru that no el horado hit up in fact the whole area is el hoardo free..

#109 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

Picked up Borderlands (PS3) and Uncharted 2 for $101. Not a bad deal for getting caught up on PS3 games!
Posted Image

#110 josh62488

josh62488

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

There's a new TRU leaflet by the registers containing $5 off $25 discount coupons for the weeks of 4/11 thru 4/24. They usually work on games from past experience. Something to look out for on your trips there.

it's only valid on " toys"

says video games are excluded on coupon

#111 Mugen Power

Mugen Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:36 AM

it's only valid on " toys"

says video games are excluded on coupon

Mine only says video game hardware.

#112 J7.

J7.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:03 AM

picked up

fatal fury v1
fatal fury v2
geoneo collesium
the 5 pack bundle
the samba crap thingy
a few more .... found a tru that no el horado hit up in fact the whole area is el hoardo free..

Stores should have signs that say, "El Hoardo Free"

#113 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

I don't think anyone here scored one, they just found out that they were clearanced in the system. 40 gb PS3's are long gone probably at 95% of TRUs.

Someone earlier in this thread said they scored a ps3 at that price that's why i asked. Looking to buy a ps3 but need a deal on one.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#114 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

picked up

fatal fury v1
fatal fury v2
geoneo collesium
the 5 pack bundle
the samba crap thingy

There are things Hoardos are allergic to, and those are games that are entertaining and don't actually produce any profit for them. If you give these items to them, they implode.

I seen it.
PEW PEW PEW.

#115 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

There are things Hoardos are allergic to, and those are games that are entertaining and don't actually produce any profit for them. If you give these items to them, they implode.

I seen it.

LMAO!! That may be true. The day the recent clearance hit, the only thing that was cleaned out of my nearest R' Us was the Street Fighter Anniversary. Everything else on that list was still there a week later.

#116 J7.

J7.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

Someone earlier in this thread said they scored a ps3 at that price that's why i asked. Looking to buy a ps3 but need a deal on one.

This post is the only one about the 40 gb PS3. Sometimes people just post that they found these were clearanced, but it doesn't mean they definitely picked them up.
http://www.cheapassg...44&postcount=73

I guess you could try giving them the SKU # and see if they can check if any stores have it in stock, but I've never attempted that with TRU.

#117 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:14 AM

Picked up Dark Sector (360) for $5. Easy achieveys ahoy!
Posted Image

#118 josh62488

josh62488

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:42 AM

fyi naked brothers band mic bundles are on clearance for 5 bucks
got 2 this weekend so 1 was 30% off

good deal

#119 Jarpo

Jarpo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

Anyone know how much they're giving for a DS Lite trade-in? The official trade-in website doesn't seem to give values for hardware unless I'm not looking in the right place.

#120 J7.

J7.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:00 AM

Anyone know how much they're giving for a DS Lite trade-in? The official trade-in website doesn't seem to give values for hardware unless I'm not looking in the right place.

I don't think they take hardware.