Wolfenstein (360/PS3) $12.59/$17.42 at Amazon

Darn, PC version is $36.

The demo is kick-ass, and I bought the PC one a few months ago. From the demo it looks like it might be the most fun straight FPS in years. Weapon upgrade system looks great too.

Raven's been on a role.

Huge fan of the Wolfenstein series since playing the original on my 486. After playing the demo for this game I found it felt clunky and cheap. I'd probably only bite at $10 and still be hesitant clicking buy.

Clunky and cheap? Honestly I can't imagine what you mean. The controls were silky smooth, it was crazy inventive, everything just felt right, etc.

Now down to 20 bucks....

Game is smooth as butter. The only con is they stayed so tru to the original feeling that the open world they made feels kind of lifeless....

Amazon gave me $10 because Metro 2033 didn't make it here within it's two day shipping period, so I snagged the 360 version. Thanks op!

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Now down to 20 bucks....

Game is smooth as butter. The only con is they stayed so tru to the original feeling that the open world they made feels kind of lifeless....[/QUOTE]

I rented this and really enjoyed the single-player campaign. The one complaint is that, yes, the city you are allowed to explore feels dead.

It didn't seem like people like this game, so I can't imagine the online is active. Perhaps it'll perk up once this game gets cheap enough, like around $10.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Huge fan of the Wolfenstein series since playing the original on my 486. After playing the demo for this game I found it felt clunky and cheap. I'd probably only bite at $10 and still be hesitant clicking buy.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Carrot Cake Kid's assessment of it feeling clunky and cheap. I've played shooters since Doom 2 on the PC til now and when I played this wolfenstein demo, the feel behind it was just off compared to other contemporary shooters. check the demo for yourself first before you buy it!

I picked this up for full retail during TRU buy 2 get 1 game sale. It's definately not worth full retail. It's barely worth $20.00. The single player will last you a few hours. The multiplayer is not that fun. The XBOX 360 still has people playing the multiplayer, but not that many. A lot of the achievements are for multiplayer so keep that in mind if you are planning on getting 1000 points out of it. Sad really as the RTCW on the original XBOX and PC was amazing.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Huge fan of the Wolfenstein series since playing the original on my 486. After playing the demo for this game I found it felt clunky and cheap. I'd probably only bite at $10 and still be hesitant clicking buy.[/QUOTE]

Wolfenstein uses almost an exact control scheme as Call of Duty which is as easy as you can get.

Played my PS3 copy last night for a few minutes and the multiplayer is completely broken. The lag is unbearable. I'm hopeful that the campaign is solid.

It was built on a quake 4 engine and has that engines stiffness....

Im used to quake 4 and older engines so it doesn't bother me. Other than that I found the game to be very polished and responsive...

Picked up the PS3 version. Hear decent things about the single player. Probably wont get too involved with multi, but if anyone wants to play, send me message.

Does this game(360 Version) happen to have the O.G., Wolfie 3D game as a bonus or anything?

edit: I think you got a code for free download of the XBLA Version with Pre-Order and is probably not on the disc

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the better system to get this one? Wish Lens of Truth had done a Head2Head of this. Anyone got any arguments for or against one system?

[quote name='MutantLeagueDave']Does this game(360 Version) happen to have the O.G., Wolfie 3D game as a bonus or anything?[/QUOTE]

edit: I think you got a code for free download of the XBLA Version with Pre-Order.

Just got done finishing playing some multi...

Its not to bad and it seems theyve worked out the lag problems....

Its 9.99 for a used copy at family video's website. I have order a couple games from there and the discs always look good.

I wanted this for a while, finally bit...

Items: $15.03
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$15.00

Total Before Tax: $0.03
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $0.03

now that is a deal.

bread's done
Back