CAGcast #192: Mustering a Modicum of Nape

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

#271 DragoonKnight

DragoonKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

good show. wombat was a lot better this week than he has been the past few weeks. must be all those compliments he's getting at work, "FAAAAABULOUSSSS!!"

#272 PlatinumIce

PlatinumIce

Creepers gonna creep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Great show, as per usual. I've been a listener for a good few months now, (I believe the episode I started listening is the episode you guys officially made Boatcrash part of the crew permanently.) but have never bothered to comment. (Don't ask what compelled me to get off my cheap/lazy ass to comment ;P) Overall I love the show, and I actually like how you guys aren't afraid to cuss and make fun of the audience (especially during those awesome live shows you should do more often). I also love hearing all the funny stories about you guys lives (particularly Cheapy and his crazy adventures in Japan. That condom story was hilarious.)

Anyway, Cheapy, I too have been playing some Bad Company 2 and I also am playing as Medic. I love it. I just love running towards a dead body with my defib paddles out, hoping to survive, if only just enough to slam the paddles on the body and get him up. I can't get the hang of vehicles though. The aiming just seems to suck so bad on the tanks, and I my friends with the game are rarely playing it so I have to play by myself most of the time. Which means I'm often the only one in a vehicle. I guess that could be the source of my frustrations with them, but I haven't even ranked up the "Vehicle" bar on the kit rankup screen once. Because I don't have many people to play with, I often play Squad Deathmatch, which I actually like. I refused to play anything other than Free For All in Modern Warfare 2, and I think I"ll be spending a lot more time in Squad Deathmatch in BC1. I just hate objective games because it encourages objective camping. When I am entering the door or hole in the wall to get to a rush crate, I know I won't survive because some guy will be camping just inside with his shotgun or SMG aimed down the sights ready to kill me. I guess there's nothing the developers could really do about it, but still. I hate getting killed by objective campers.

#273 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

The discussion on reviews was spot on. There are reviews out there that carry more validity because of the reviewer. I completely respect Shipwreck's reviews because he is very clear about what makes a game good for a general audience. His particular taste in games is extensive, but if he recommends an unusual game, I'll try to seek it out. Cheapy and Wombat both give good suggestions and I haven't been disappointed by their choices either.

For a general gaming site, like IGN, their reviewers are somewhat anonymous. I typically follow their reviews more than other generic sites (those without cool podcast hosts) and haven't really disagreed with their scores. I know that a seven or greater on IGN will be a decent game. But, I do prefer to hear why you guys like a game. And, all of the other CAGs that recommend as well. This site has led me to games I probably would never have tried. And, of course, this site made me buy them, too.

Keep up the great work. The CAGcast is a highlight of each week. Can't wait for E3 to hear some of the thoughts from that show.

PS I'm not that skilled at on-line FPS's either. I'm getting schooled by my 11-year old son at COD4. So, if you are ever looking for someone of your own skill level, look me up.

#274 Riptard

Riptard

Too cool for the devil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

I vote for drawing Wombat as an even fatter looking Wombat.

#275 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

I vote for a Ferret sized Wombat.
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#276 Rising

Rising

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

I agree that the COD:MW2 map packs are a little overpriced, but it doesn't mean I still won't get it.

#277 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:16 PM

Cheapy's gay coworker impression sounds more like a ghost.

I thought it was hilarious.

An overall good show, fellas.

#278 crazytalkx

crazytalkx

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:16 PM

Great CAGCast yet again. I'm really loving the banter between the three of you guys as Wombat's no longer a punching bag -- the pain is now split with Boat Crash.

#279 Marconi88

Marconi88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

Great show guys.

Hey Wombat, are you going to any meet ups or having one of your own at PAX East?

#280 KingCrow02

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

Another great show guys. Keep it up.

#281 Kowalczyk

Kowalczyk

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:31 PM

Just started re listening to the CAGcast after being away from it for about 6 months and couldn't have come back to a better episode, keep up the great work!

#282 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

I've got to say Cheapy, that your outright dismissals of the new motion controllers is getting tiresome. We know, you don't like them, so why not just skip the subject altogether. And chastising another forum member for bringing this up just makes you look like a big sweaty dick.

I guess since you've already alienated a segment of your potential listening audience with weekly Wii bashing, shitting on adoption of motion controls by Sony and MS won't lose you any more audience members. Pissing on them isn't going to make motion controls go away, so, maybe you could actually put some thought into the concepts and come to some rational conclusions after the games are released? Or is campaigning for their failure the best chance to get in a prophetic "I told you so" a year from now?

Many users on your own forums declare their distaste for the Wii stems from last-gen graphics and Wiimote inaccuracies. Think of how much better many of these games can be with more accurate controls and mind blowing visuals. Sony may have an opportunity to beat Nintendo at their own game and bring an HD Wii to life years before Nintendo decides to do the same. Maybe you could take the time to really look at these systems' potential instead of taking the lazy way out and dismissing them out of hand.

The prejudice is really taking it's toll on me as a listener. I thought I might like to hear your opinion on the motion games when they are released, but it may now be impossible for you or any of the other listeners you've swayed to have an open mind on the subject.

At least we have Shipwreck, who will probably be willing to give these new toys half a chance.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#283 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:03 PM

Man Shipwreck really has come into his own, dude has been consistently making me laugh the past few shows.

#284 StarWarpCrackerWave

StarWarpCrackerWave

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

Great cast and congrats on the weight lost Wombat hopefully I'll get down in weight as well.

#285 DarthCAG

DarthCAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

Great episode! Love the Blueberry Muffin Tops!!!

#286 Pabsi9

Pabsi9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

i would like to win the 60$ giftcard from amazon...im broke right now and sure would like to pick up god of war 3, please hear a brother out cheapy

#287 spidey193

spidey193

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

Another great show! I know it's been said plenty already, but Shipwreck is a great addition to the show.

#288 Virgil_Leone

Virgil_Leone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

not going to buy the modern warfare map pack at this price.

#289 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

When shipwreck first started on CAGCast i didn't like him that much, but that was probably due to the fact that I was used to Cheapy and Wombat. Eventually Ship grew on me and now I think all 3 work together well. i don't think It would be as good without Ship.
Posted Image

#290 Fernando Jenkins

Fernando Jenkins

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

Playstation move is looking to be pretty worthless

#291 coalman987

coalman987

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:33 AM

3 podcasters are better than 2 which is better than 1 which is better than none...

#292 MrBrando

MrBrando

I pity the fool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:38 AM

So glad Shipwreck is official. I love the CAGcast but lately it seems like it's a hassle for Cheapy and Wombat to get through an episode. Having a 3rd person really helps them not have to be the only ones talking and being "on" all the time. Hopefully this is a turn around for the CAGcast.
Posted Image

#293 KongaKing

KongaKing

He who will save us all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:49 AM

Great show. I about died when cheapy was doing the impression of wombats co-worker.

#294 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:03 AM

Man Shipwreck has a voice on the CAGcast now, and one hell of one :P
Show got a needed boost everyone seems much more energetic

1xz7eo.gif

#295 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:12 AM

Glad you guys are keeping Boatcrash around permanently. It's nice to have three voices... keeps it from feeling like you are listening in on a phone call.

BTW If I can every get my MP3 working... I got some comments proper to make concerning Wombat's recommendation to "listen to all the eps thus fall to reduce repeating questions"
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#296 the_void

the_void

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:23 AM

Another good podcast guys. I totally agree with you guys on Move and Natal.

#297 Fragonard

Fragonard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:32 AM

I bust out laughing every time Wombat calls Shipwreck "Boatcrash". Gets me every time.

#298 littlekirby

littlekirby

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:04 AM

If ship is now boat crash, the new less then 200 pound wombat can be ferret.

#299 BigDicPlumaChik

BigDicPlumaChik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:04 AM

I love the podcast guys, this is where i get my video game news from and i appreciate you guys putting your time in to entertain us. I understand people giving constructive criticism and thats fine in my book if you guys ask for it, but some of these assholes are ungreatful for what you guys do, i appreciate it. Even if i didnt agree with what Wombat says sometimes I wouldnt bash him for telling his opinion, you guys are pretty funny, keep it up!
Posted Image

#300 Exton

Exton

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:49 AM

I bet the entire next show is going to be about how much they love Just Cause 2.