Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #192: Mustering a Modicum of Nape

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

#331 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

...Wombat brings little more than one-liners so bad Henny Youngman would be embarrassed.

:applause::rofl::applause:

card.pngl1.gif

#332 lliven

lliven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

i wanna win YEAH

#333 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

I largely agree with this. There's a certain myopia that Cheapy brings to the table, in that he's oblivious to a whole helluva lot in the games industry, and Wombat brings little more than one-liners so bad Henny Youngman would be embarrassed. Shipwreck carries the yoke of knowledge for all three hosts, bringing the bulk of the important content to the program. I've never played a Pokemon game, and I'm probably not going to start anytime soon; but I respect that Shipwreck knows enough to discuss them and their release - not to mention that other weekly releases that only Shipwreck knew of.

short version: it's rather telling that the bulk of the compliments this week offer little more than praise for your new nickname for Shipwreck.

Henny Youngman would love my jokes, and I knew more about Pokemon then Ship did. I also made the bulk the last outline. I love that Ship is there is fountain of game knowledge and he is the best thing to happen to the show, but if thats how you feel...

#334 jbkrule

jbkrule

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

Great show as always guys! I'm impressed you can stand those lean pockets Wombat.

#335 Hiei69

Hiei69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

I like the new 3 man setup of the Cagcast. You get 3 different personalities colliding, which makes for some funny jokes.
I'm still amazed at how many games Shipwreck plays, I'm a mechanical engineering student and I don't get to play too many games.
Currently Playing: :wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever :pc: Pixel Junk Eden
:pc: Rock of Ages :pc: Skyrim :psp: Corpse Party
Rayman Origins, Lumines Electronic Symphony, and Hot Shots Golf on the Vita

#336 NihongoHiatou

NihongoHiatou

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

I just have to tell you guys this, i've been listening to some old cagcasts from around 100 -130 and i had a brain wave ^.^ so i went back to CagCast 69 just to hear wombats childish laugh after "The Cheapster" welcomed us to CagCast number 69 haha i love wombats witty humor and Cheapy's storys.

Great Show

#337 gwaki

gwaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

Comment FTW

#338 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Why would they stop, do you have a link stating they have changed there stance? I don't know many companies that release press statements that say "we haven't changed our minds".

So this is a silent consent thing, where if they don't speak out against it, that they obviously support it? It's not that I am against it, but you guys talk about game sharing stuff often enough that it's almost like only one of you are allowed to buy a game on PSN and then the others beg on air to get your account info to get it for free. Seems awfully weird for a guy that feels guilty to accept codes for games from the developers themselves, but is fine with getting it for free through game sharing.

Even though I asked you first, it seems that it's against the TOS (Under Community Code of Conduct) to send other people your account information, though I'm not great at this legalese stuff:

You may not sell, buy, trade, or otherwise transfer your Online ID or any personal access to PSN through any means or method, including by use of web auction sites.

I know TOS/EULAs don't mean anything any more, but it seems like it at least makes it a shady thing despite what Jack Tretton said before the PS3 launched.

#339 ijintheuk

ijintheuk

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

Great show guys, as always! Enjoyed it when Cheapy nearly cries at Wombat's life story! Get out the minature violins!!

#340 Evilsean

Evilsean

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

Fantastic work. You guys really seem to meld well together and work toward creating a quality show. Each week it continues to be the best podcast of the week for me.

#341 Duke.Togo

Duke.Togo

Game Tape Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:32 PM

Good show, and I'm curious to see what Wombat's new picture will look like.

#342 scarecrowe

scarecrowe

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

Great show guys. Looking forward to the new show icon. How about a thread for CAG member input on how 'the boatcrash' can be added?

#343 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:08 AM

Wombat...watch out for the sodium in those lean pockets! There is a ton. Good show guys!

#344 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:26 AM

I wanted to say on the bombcast they said they wanted to make a game with time travelling Abe Lincolm. He would have a JWB brain sidekick and it would be an action game would you play it?

#345 tenfootmonster

tenfootmonster

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:18 AM

Good show, guys. Congrats to Wombat for losing weight! I would also like to add my name to the list of those who like the permanent addition of ShipWreck to the show. I think he adds a lot to the discussions.

#346 Zackplanet42

Zackplanet42

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:44 AM

each show with boatcrash gets better and better. I am getting tired of project shitbox and bowel movement talk. I do look forward to the non-gaming shitbox and bowel movement stories though
Posted Image

#347 metalsamurai83

metalsamurai83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:52 AM

natal is gonna suck and so will playstation "move" not for hard core gamers. and cheappy is right BC2 is way better than MW2, $15 for a few maps?! whatever....

#348 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:09 AM

Wombat drop those lean pockets and go with fruit, yogurt & granola. Congrats on the weight loss!
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#349 Neverfade

Neverfade

Danger and Excellence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:37 AM

Great show as always. Keep up the good work, fellas.

#350 Dr Geo

Dr Geo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:38 AM

Do you guys ever expect to have any other special guests' on the show? Kinda like the interview for ME2?

Great show, also, looking forward to the new album art!(or icon, whatever)

#351 Chimprage

Chimprage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:22 AM

Good show, liked having Shipwreck added to the crew. And...mmmmmm lean pockets...

#352 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:34 AM

Henny Youngman would love my jokes, and I knew more about Pokemon then Ship did. I also made the bulk the last outline. I love that Ship is there is fountain of game knowledge and he is the best thing to happen to the show, but if thats how you feel...

I'll check it out again. I admit when I'm wrong.
Posted Image

#353 killthemall4444

killthemall4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

Another fine show. If anything Wombat needs to spout more one liners.

#354 Kewin

Kewin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:19 AM

great show. enjoyed it a lot but with wombats new picture for the new logo in mind, is everyone else getting an update on your avatars.

#355 dembesum

dembesum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:49 AM

Is anything being planned for the 200 episode spectacular? Two months is not that far away.
I

#356 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

I like the fact that you three also dislike JRPGs and PC gaming. To each their own but neither the JRPG genre nor PC gaming interests me and being able to skip any discussion on your show about them is benficial.

#357 condensed

condensed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

game sharing is not illegal and is condoned by Sony.

OK, if that help's you sleep at night. It's still playing games you didn't pay for. Jack Tretton made a comment three years ago about game sharing, doesn't mean the Sony legal team or the developers agree with it. Unless you are Cheapy's offspring from a previous life, it's still not legal.

"Except as stated in this Agreement, all content and software provided through PSN are licensed non-exclusively and revocably to you, your children and children for whom you are a legal guardian (collectively for purposes of this section, “You” or “Your”), solely for Your personal, private, non-transferable, non-commercial, limited use on a limited number of activated PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems, and any other hardware devices authorized by SCEA in the United States or Canada (where permitted)."

#358 Darthrook

Darthrook

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

Is there a game this year or next that you think can top Mass Effect 2?

#359 wayno187

wayno187

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

Has anyone else noticed Wombat fishing for a free copy of GOW 3 the last two CAGCasts? It's so blatant it's despicable. Honestly, Wombat, have you no shame? Stop mooching off CAGs!
Posted Image

#360 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

OK, if that help's you sleep at night. It's still playing games you didn't pay for. Jack Tretton made a comment three years ago about game sharing, doesn't mean the Sony legal team or the developers agree with it. Unless you are Cheapy's offspring from a previous life, it's still not legal.

"Except as stated in this Agreement, all content and software provided through PSN are licensed non-exclusively and revocably to you, your children and children for whom you are a legal guardian (collectively for purposes of this section, “You” or “Your”), solely for Your personal, private, non-transferable, non-commercial, limited use on a limited number of activated PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems, and any other hardware devices authorized by SCEA in the United States or Canada (where permitted)."

I will table this for the actual show.