CAGcast #192: Mustering a Modicum of Nape

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

#61 Nightmare26

Nightmare26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

Good show. I like how you cover a wide range of topics: new releases, site features, etc. Keep up the good work.

#62 dekar350

dekar350

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

Great show guys! I hope you read this Wombat, cause when I listen to the CAGcast I enjoy listening to whatever random jokes or asides you make, as they are usually lame, but lame stuff always makes me laugh. Keep up the great work!

#63 k4lm4n

k4lm4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

Great as usual guys. This is one of the few podcasts I can listen to start to finish. Thanks for the entertainment!

#64 PilotPSK

PilotPSK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Well done guys, Im new but I like it

#65 joshanaitor

joshanaitor

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

Cheapy D,Wombat, Shipwreck

Thanks for a wonderful cagcast like always
Its always nice to hear the banter you guys have

Wombat great to hear your doing good at losing weight

Time for cheapy D to step it up eh

oh and i have a question

Mass Effect 2 or Final Fantasy OR God Of war 3

#66 Zelos

Zelos

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

Great show and thanks for the heads up on the Gamestop deal I have been waiting for some time for them to have a decent used game deal. Finally managed to pick up a copy of Okami and Shadow of the Colossus ..... been putting off buying them for way way too long.

#67 controlcommerce

controlcommerce

My Sega CD broke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

Good job losing weight Wombat, keep it up. Enjoy your shitty hotpocket.

Posted Image

#68 thefallingscream

thefallingscream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

Great show!

#69 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

How's your chicken broccoli lean pocket today, Wombat?

#70 ohmyblazes

ohmyblazes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

Great show guys! I didn't realize Boatcrash was going to be a permanent member of the show. Glad to hear it. He adds a lot to the dynamic of the show.

Wombat, congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up!

#71 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

What is up with Shippy and basketball with females? Btw, I agree with Wombat, grab some tittie while you're at it, lol.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#72 yatts13

yatts13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

HI Cheapy, I was wondering about the intro music. Another name for MaryJane is "Dank". Is he saying "I got that dank"? I notice you put "dang" in the notes. Sorry, I couldn't look the song up while at work. Thanks for the great show.

#73 Jasonofindy

Jasonofindy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:20 PM

Another good show guys. Wombat mentioned he wouldn't mind trying Boom Blox with PS3 graphics. While it still wouldn't be enough by itself for me to shell out the $90-$100 for the Move and the Eye, I personally would really like to see House of the Dead: Overkill rereleased in HD with a more stable frame rate as long as they keep the faux film grain effect.

I'd also like to hear from Shipwreck about which janky PC to 360 WRPG port he prefers-Divinity II or Risen. It looks like April will be a relative lull before the May storm of new games and I was thinking of renting one or the other from Gamefly. I'd also like to suggest Shipwreck go back and try the Saboteur since he showed interest in it around E3. It is definitely not perfect, but it is one of the better open world games I've played in awhile. I found sneaking in and blowing up Nazi emplacements to be very satisfying.

#74 mivan83

mivan83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

another great show!!!

#75 Prix Dante

Prix Dante

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

Great show guys! I've got a couple questions for Shipwreck. When is Mrs. Shipwreck going to make a special appearance? As I recently just beat God of War III, I was wondering how you felt about the ending to God of War III? Spoiler-free of course.

#76 fireb0x

fireb0x

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

Gotta get that guy to open up a paid service to draw people in their cartoon form for cag avatars...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#77 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

Any pics of the new wombat? I want to see his new hot figure.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#78 fooyee

fooyee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

great show as usual, it's something to look forward to every week.

#79 Plastique

Plastique

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

It's funny that you guys mention Voltron and how Shipwreck's wife? had one of the lion's in the basement they were cleaning. My wife went out of her way to buy a 20th anniversary edition model/toy at Otakon a few years back.

Keep up the great work. I'm really enjoying the show a lot!

#80 stonefry

stonefry

Not stoned or fried!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

It's all about the rainbow bridge poem when dealing with pet loss.

http://www.petloss.c...rp/rainbowb.htm

#81 Burzum0603

Burzum0603

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

First off, Lean Pockets SUCK! Once bound to paper towel, it becomes something that resembles tile grout. Anyway...I enjoy these podcasts a lot and like how you all are personable and share a little bit about yourselves. I'm not sold on this whole motion thing...I too don't want to get exhausted after 10 minutes of gameplay. Sorry but I like to be a lazy ass when I play games and prefer the softness of my couch than breaking a sweat. I do enjoy the Kevin Butler ads. I actually laughed because a few of those things he pointed out are true. On a different note, the IGN thing is pretty sad. I don't care what you do for a living...getting the boot is NEVER easy and I'm quite grateful to have a job! So not to get too emotional here or anything, but if you're reading this post and have a job, be grateful my friend! This IGN case just proves that job security is a thing of the past in this day in age. Best wishes to them!

#82 ToothVore

ToothVore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

Just found out that metro 2033 is based on the book metro 2033. Could a game based on a book actually do justice to the original?

#83 BRUTAL SKILLZ

BRUTAL SKILLZ

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

I'm listening to it now, you help my day go by at work, thanks again.

#84 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

Holy crap I was mentioned on the podcast, my first time.

A slow moving volus that complains about the environmental conditions or begs for anything, ammo, upgrades, whatever as you go on your mission would be a perfect character for Wombat. Wombat you do need a updated avatar image. The werewolf style could be creepy but might be cool...looking forward to that.

I do hope we get some decent e3 coverage this year with Wombat & Boatcrash while cheapy levels up. I know we aren't supposed to expect much but I am interested in your opinions of all the Project Shitbox/Playstation BM games. I hate where gaming is going with motion control. Is there is anything there that hold any promise of a 'good gaming experience' or is it all Stick Fighter and kick a ball against a wall?
Posted Image

#85 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

Didn't know that Shipwreck was officially part of the crew now, good to know. It'll be interesting to see Wombat's new avatar.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#86 theironunkind

theironunkind

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

Can't get the image of Shipwreck getting posted up and performing a reach around out of my head. Thanks, Wombat.

HONK HONK

#87 stevew2607

stevew2607

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

This is for Wombat's Lean Pocket paper towel issue, and to give him some more comments to read at work.

I too eat more then my fair share of hot pockets at work for lunch and wax paper helps alot. The cheese doesn't stick as bad. Don't worry it is microwave safe.

Ah the good times and simple things that exist in cubicle world.

#88 Foggen

Foggen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

I think the brightest part of the future of Playstation Move is the possibility of reviving gun games in HD. Combine that with head tracking, and I for one am holding my breath in anticipation of a new version of Police 911.

#89 binaryboxcutter

binaryboxcutter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

On the Shitbox and BM, It's been brought up before that trying to "out-Nintendo" Nintendo is going to be an up hill task. Cheapy is right. Most families that have already invested in the Wii aren't going to jump ship to the PS3 or Xbox for a prettier Wii Sports clone.

Enthusiast and casual gamers that already own the system will probably pick it up to try it out. But these things aren't for the hardcore. Sony and MS already have you. They'd be happy if you picked one up. They're even going to throw some of your favorite franchises in there to temp you even more. But they want to grow that install base to new people that are sucked in by motion control gimmicks.

It will take a lot of discipline on the part of the developers and publishers to make these gimmicks innovative and fresh. I would like to be amazed like Cheapy, but I also know that some publishers are lazy and could fall back on pumping out carnival mini game shovelware.

#90 x caponed x

x caponed x

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

Great show. I always end up playing demos of games that you guys mention. Just Cause 2 was great.