• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

#241 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:57 AM

I vote for a WereWombat...

I've enjoyed the show a whole lot better since Ship joined the cast. It just seems to flow better and there's more game talk. Keep up the great work!

#242 Grantimus

Grantimus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:17 AM

In for the contest.

I lol'd about Hot Pockets, and how Wombat is eating them and yet is losing weight?

Also, Cheapy, really? You get "tired" while playing MP3? That's nuts, man.

#243 ulrye812

ulrye812

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:44 AM

Great job guys awesome podcast as usual, looking forward to next week.

#244 007bond

007bond

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:53 AM

Nice show guys...I haven't heard the word nape in a while.

#245 chililili

chililili

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:14 AM

Wow Wombat and Cheapy losing weight? I hope this motivates some listeners to get healthy out there
Posted Image

#246 rick1000

rick1000

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:19 AM

Where is miss ship

#247 ChrisMav

ChrisMav

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:26 AM

Awesome show guys, just listened to ep 101 after hearing about it on the show, very funny!

#248 aihuman

aihuman

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

Wombat 2.0 by WhipSmartBanky
http://twitpic.com/19n8yp
Posted Image

#249 Korny

Korny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:45 AM

Wombat 2.0 by WhipSmartBanky
http://twitpic.com/19n8yp

I can't be the only one who sees that picture and thinks that "Rape Time" should be placed under it...

#250 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:53 AM

I was thinking more pedosmile, but it's the same vibe. I've seen pictures of Wombat before and his smile is a lot warmer and his eyes are brighter than that interpretation reflects. I know the pictures are two years old now, but check out this set from the Nintendo World Store for reference.

#251 ChaoticClimax

ChaoticClimax

It's an Illusion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:37 AM

<3 Wombat. Lean Pockets are the shit.
Posted Image
PS3 Trophy Card didn't work very well, nor do I give a shit about PS3 trophies. I assure you though, I have a PS3.

#252 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

Gave the Joystiq podcast episode 0 a try. I was pretty bored at the beginning but I skipped around and heard some pretty funny stuff later on.

#253 Enuts09

Enuts09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

Great show guys. I liked it when Wombat mentioned the title of the CAGcast and Cheapy pretty much said meh. Usually the title is something funnier than a "meh".

(Hot Pocket voice) Hot Diet!
"I never knew I can hate til' I met you" - The Prize Fight: "The Trainwreck"

"There's 40 parachutes on this plane, and you're number 41" - The Morning Of: "Pilot to Base"

"I hate broccoli, I never eat it, I don't spend time on broccoli forums talking about how I hate it. move on." - Markavellie, Hellgate: London Forums.

#254 IshmaeI

IshmaeI

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

Sucks to hear Cheapy couldn't locate a copy of Deadly Premonition. I picked one up off Amazon with a couple promo credits I had saved up and about to expire.

#255 XERD_003SS

XERD_003SS

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

Great show, guys.

Glad I'm not the only one to get tired from using the Wii Remote though I got tired when playing Trauma Center not MP3.

#256 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

Yes, the logo does need to be updated. Were-wombat ftw!
Posted Image

#257 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

Do you have a link to somebody from Sony outwardly supporting it within the past two years? Or do you operate under the impression that if they said it once, they support it for the rest of time.

Why would they stop, do you have a link stating they have changed there stance? I don't know many companies that release press statements that say "we haven't changed our minds".

#258 kiribee

kiribee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, Bioshock 2 is a bit of a let down,
it's almost like a expansion pack more than anything.
Although even the first Bioshock got very boring for me halfway through. :-#

I'm betting that the 360 sales will continue to get better until the PS3 shortage ends. :bomb:

A pet is almost like your son or daughter if your close to it. I remember when my pet died I cried like a bitch, meanwhile I have never cried when any of my friends or family have died :cold:

#259 the-interceptor

the-interceptor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Hey CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck (Boatcrash)

I don't know why Wombat gets so little love. Wombat - I think you're awesome. Your sense of humour makes me giggle every show. Your Bill Cosby impression is definitely the highlight

Shipwreck gives fantastic game reviews - ones I really trust. Keep it up, dude!

And Cheapy - I love the way you cut through the crap and see things for how they truly are

I'm a UK listener and the contest has spurred me into posting a comment. Not sure if I'm even eligible but wanted to post anyway saying how much I enjoy your show.
Posted Image

#260 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

good show guys. the Just Cause 2 demo was OK, I was blown away by the videos of the game but the demo left me a little underwhelmed.

Edited by rogueweapon, 20 March 2010 - 02:40 PM.

Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#261 shadow24r

shadow24r

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

I was looking for deals, and though I'm not so fond to listening to podcasts, I gave it a try, and it's awesome. Thanks a lot guys, really looking forward to next week's!

#262 collipop

collipop

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

Great show is always I totally agrees with all the bowel movement talk.

#263 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

Cheapy's gay coworker impression sounds more like a ghost.

#264 chinoev

chinoev

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

Great show.

A few comments on your IGN part of the show.

As far as I know Matt Casamassina does still work for IGN as a special "Editor at Large" who basically is not tied to any one part of the site and can write editorials and reviews about any story or game that he chooses.

I've heard Cheapy disagree with Matt's comments on Metriod Prime 3 on many shows. I can understand why you don't agree, but I think in some respects he is right. If you want to be able to aim with the speed and precision of a mouse and keyboard then I think that when you have the settings correct MP3 gets it right, but this only applies when you are aiming at things right in front of you. As soon as need to turn aiming gets a little awkward.

Personally, I really enjoyed MP3. My arm didn't get tired playing it. I think that if you are trying to quickly line up a head shot it does control better than a dual analog stick controller. If you are trying to turn around quickly and attack an enemy behind you, then it doesn't control better than dual analog stick controller. I think it just depends on what is more important to each individual gamer.

In terms of who on the site is impacting traffic, I would say the only IGN personality that really impacts traffic is Jessica Chobot.

#265 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

Another great show!

Funny story though, I was listening to the last 20 minutes of the show after leaving a friends house at about 2 AM and someone thought it would be a great idea to park directly behind her driveway on a narrow street. Also a street with little to no lighting.

So you can only guess what happened next..... BAAAAAM! Backed right into the side of this car, now the back end of my Civic is all kinds of screwed up and the other car is screwed up even more.

But it was nice to have to CAGcast on as this happened.
Posted Image Posted Image

#266 Bartex

Bartex

chuf it out?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

sony will have the move in new york at the tribeca grand hotel from 4-7pm this tuesday, march 23rd so you can check it out wombat
http://blog.us.plays...-with-us/<br />
Lag is free on PSN ...you have to pay for it on XBL

#267 deadly frost

deadly frost

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

lol, Great job guys awesome podcast as usual, looking forward to next weeks show.

#268 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Another great show!

Funny story though, I was listening to the last 20 minutes of the show after leaving a friends house at about 2 AM and someone thought it would be a great idea to park directly behind her driveway on a narrow street. Also a street with little to no lighting.

So you can only guess what happened next..... BAAAAAM! Backed right into the side of this car, now the back end of my Civic is all kinds of screwed up and the other car is screwed up even more.

But it was nice to have to CAGcast on as this happened.

Hmm, CAGCast causes car wrecks. Probably not the best advertising for the 'cast. ;) Maybe Shipwreck is imparting some "wreck" karma? (just kidding, ship, I think you're great on the show!)

Yeah, I got nothing. It was a great episode this week. Perfect length and it was fun to listen to.

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#269 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

It's nice to have a third, sometimes different, opinion on the show .
Kind of like the Ross Perot angle .
It creates a new dialogue instead of "It was awesome" or "It was a piece of shit" .
Also review recaps are great .

Can't wait to see the new logo, I vote for Wombat as a person.

card.pngl1.gif

#270 sfree79

sfree79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hope they decide on the real Wombat picture for the new show banner. He did a bang up job on it.