Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy - Halo Wars - LE - $19.99 (Not YMMV if In Stock)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

In keeping up w/ all these Best Buy LE/CE/SE drops, just got back from one and noticed the price dropped from $39.99 (which I just checked last week) to $19.99.

Houston Galleria location has like 10 copies.

Current monthly RZ coupon for 10% off until 3/21/10 worked perfectly, $17.99.

SKU: 9152463 (Reg. $79.99! lol) Product ID (?) : C3V-00007

Posted Image

In addition to including the standard retail version of Halo Wars , this Collector's Edition includes:

*The Mythic Map Pack from Bungie with three new Halo 3 multiplayer maps: Assembly, Orbital, and Sandbox.
*Halo Wars: Genesis, a graphic novel by Phil Noto, Graeme Devine, and Eric Nylund that follows the Spirit of Fire and examines the very first UNSC military campaign against the Covenant
*Access to the Covenant Honor Guard Wraith in-game vehicle
*Six Leader Cards representing Leaders' with access to elite skills
*A Spirit of Fire Patch for identifying yourself as a real crew member

Edited by token2k6, 18 March 2010 - 05:51 PM.
sku

Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#2 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

I picked this up last week (Last copy in Peabody, MA) and posted it in the Best Buy clearance thread. Seemed like a good deal. Haven't even opened it yet.

#3 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

I picked this up last week (Last copy in Peabody, MA) and posted it in the Best Buy clearance thread. Seemed like a good deal. Haven't even opened it yet.

whoops! I haven't stayed on top of a BB clearance thread, only see the YMMV one..makes sense..oh well.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#4 negid

negid

Say what?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Any way to check inventory online?

Posted Image

#5 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

no, i tried, unless someone knows how to check for google cached links other than typing in "halo wars limited edition best buy"..

I posted the sku, I figure people ask, maybe you can go to a store or call, have them check RSS and it will display a list of the nearest 8 stores that could have it..

#6 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

You need to replace a normal link's SKU AND product ID. only need the id now...

#7 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

whoops! I haven't stayed on top of a BB clearance thread, only see the YMMV one..makes sense..oh well.

ah, there probably is only the 1 YMMV/Clearance. the YMMV part on most of these clearances is generally if they have it in stock.

I love the BB CE/LE/SE version clearances, they always like to clean up shelf space on these larger boxes.

#8 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

You need to replace a normal link's SKU AND product ID. only need the id now...

if that's the number next to the sku on the receipt, I just added it to the first post..
Posted Image

#9 NJGura87

NJGura87

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

I wish there was one around the Chicago area, anyone work at Best Buy that can check toolkit?

#10 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

damn all these cheap LE/CE copies of games I already own

#11 Sway42

Sway42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...requestid=33309

you can try this link to check for the collector's edition. i am not sure if it even did it right lol.
at least, there are none around me.

#12 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

Nice, managed to find this one used in a pawn shop for $15 and thought I was pretty lucky (even though it didn't have the Mythic map pack code with it, although that's not worth as much anymore with ODST out). $20 is a steal since that's the price of the standard non-LE game, although do be aware that the Platinum Hits version comes with the 1600MS Points worth of DLC with it while (3 new maps and 3 new game modes) this one is obviously just the regular game. Still, it's a nice collector's bundle and honestly I don't see much appeal in playing the DLC.

#13 ninjalunchbox79

ninjalunchbox79

WTF?!?!?!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

hhmmm none around me . . Does anyone think that a different store would price match since it is regular price?

#14 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:31 AM

It was marked $39.99 but scanned $19.99 at my local Best Buy. Thanks OP!

#15 leesiulung

leesiulung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:14 AM

None around me in two states!!! I wanted this too!

#16 J7.

J7.

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:30 AM

Nice deal, ty op.

#17 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:15 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...requestid=33309

you can try this link to check for the collector's edition. i am not sure if it even did it right lol.
at least, there are none around me.

Sweet, you got it! I know it works because I just threw in 10006 and 44th and 5th shows up as bold, so anyone in NYC can stop by and get it for cheap.

Sadly, none around me :(

#18 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

real crew member!? HAHAHA! LMAOROF.

[runs to go buy one asap]
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#19 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

Hmm, there's one at the 2nd closest Best Buy to me.. Might be worth swinging by this evening.

33126.png

#20 Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

Damn, none availible according to the website. Might have to go check myself, but would hate to miss this.