Photo
- - - - -

Newegg < $15 pt.2 | Sega Rally Revo (360) $7.99, Stormrise (360) $7.99, Singstar $10

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#61 Solori

Solori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

Far Cry 2 (PS3) dropped to $12.99.

Darn. Can't find it on their site this morning.

I also really dislike their new layout. It was so much easier when you could just sort all PS3 games into one list with the cheapest on top.

#62 IgiveUgas

IgiveUgas

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

I also really dislike their new layout. It was so much easier when you could just sort all PS3 games into one list with the cheapest on top.

uhhh. You still can. It just looks different.

#63 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

Kinda off-topic, but how the heck does the Bing Cashback thing work? I've been trying to get this thing working forever but with no success.

I already have Bionic Comando and Eat Lead in my cart right now, but don't wanna check out until I get this Bing thing working (Damn, I really am cheap. Both came up to $13.98 and I'm still trying to cut more off lol).

#64 Solori

Solori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

uhhh. You still can. It just looks different.

Cool. You're right. I was just focusing on the new bar on the left for some reason and thought you were limited to the 0 to 10, 10 to 25, etc. buttons. THe new format threw me off for some reason. Don't ask me why I ignored the top buttons. Anyway, thanks for pointing out my mistake.

#65 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:43 AM

Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard or Bionic Commando?

Going to treat myself to only one mediocre game from newegg this week since I just spent 90 on Target clearance games stuff.

IMO Bionic Commando is way better. Personally I hated Matt Hazrd.

OMG, that's like asking "would I like Wolfpup to kick me in the nuts, or hand me a slice of apple pie?".

LOL...I just...umm...yeah...Bionic Commando and Matt Hazzard should not be mentioned together in the same sentence.

It did amuse me though that Matt Hazard finally got some work, playing the villain in Uncharted 2 :lol:

If one helping of Matt Hazard isn't enough, download the demo for the side scrolling shooter. I can't even tell you which one is worse.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#66 meatwad3000

meatwad3000

The Mauve Avenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:53 AM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874185004

I know it's not the best game out there but for this price you can't go wrong with a game that throws back humor at old school gaming clichés

#67 Armor42

Armor42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:58 AM

I actually enjoyed gameflying and getting the 1000 in this game. It took longer than I wanted it to though, so I can only recommend this for people who don't have a big game back log. Or for those who don't care about achievements
[URL="http://raptr.com/Armor42?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#68 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

It was a reasonably enjoyable game one time through, but there's absolutely no way I could've forced myself to sit thru Hard diff, it would just be too annoying to bear with all the damn glitches. I tried doing the final level on Hard via stage select just to see if the difficulty trophy might be glitched but I couldn't get past the staircase where there's a helicopter firing at you and guys are coming from the side. There's no freaking place to take cover, there's no way to get past that spot GRRRRRRR!!

#69 xHOJUx

xHOJUx

Spinning Pile Driver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

What the heck... in for 1. When they get this cheap I get real loose with my money, unless it's High School Musical 3 or something, then they'd have to pay me.

#70 Jigen

Jigen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

For $7? I gave in.

#71 Jigen

Jigen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874163006

When picking up Matt Hazard I saw Sega Rally Revo for a lower price than I believe I've seen it for before ($2 less), so I gave in.

BTW, this is my first deal thread ever on Cheap Ass Gamer so I hope I did OK.

#72 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

Considering it's 12 dollars cheaper than what Gamestop is charging I'd say it's a good deal.

#73 xHOJUx

xHOJUx

Spinning Pile Driver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:02 AM

I thought it was a great first time deal post, The only thing you did wrong was not post it 15 minutes ago so I could have added it to my Matt Hazard order.

8/10

#74 dieresis

dieresis

CAG Veteran Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

Finally, a really cheap 360 game price-drop from Newegg--well, two, counting Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard. Both were previously $9.99. It's been a while.

It's been such a while that people are making individual threads and not updating the Newegg thread: http://www.cheapassg...t=255688&page=1

Thanks, though, OP.

Edited by dieresis, 02 April 2010 - 01:40 PM.
Seems like Shrike or another mod merged threads. I did not double post. lol

Currently playing:
:xb1: NBA 2K14; Peggle 2; Battlefield 4
:360: Battlefield 3
(1160/1600G); Peggle (170/250G)

#75 dieresis

dieresis

CAG Veteran Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Looks like this thread needs a bumpin'. People are making individual threads per sale.

:360: Updates:
Alone in the Dark $4.99 (FS + no tax vs. GameStop)
Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard $6.99
Stormrise $7.99
SEGA Rally Revo $7.99
Perfect Dark Zero $7.99
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific $7.99
The Wheelman $8.99
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter $8.99
Arcade Unplugged $9.99 + $2.99 shipping
G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra $9.99
Heroes Over Europe $9.99
Raven Squad $14.99
NBA Street: Homecourt $14.99 (price went up)
Clive Barker's Jericho $14.99
Guilty Gear 2: Overture $14.99
Mirror's Edge $14.99
Ratatouille $14.99 (price went up)

This is my link to view games by lowest price: http://www.newegg.co...mes&Order=PRICE

Don't forget Newegg usually has Bing cashback. Go to http://www.bing.com/...ges/stores.aspx, click on stores "N," and find "Newegg.com"
It's 3% right now, which is 1% more than it's been the past few months.

Currently playing:

#76 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hated this one. Not worth it at that price.

#77 James in VA

James in VA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

I LOVE driving games and I got a lot of mileage off this one. Kind of arcadey in style but that makes for nice variety as compared to Forza 3. I bought it for about $14 at GameStop last year and thought that was a deal. Don't hesitate!

#78 kenjimeadu

kenjimeadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

Thanks OP. I picked one up to split between my friends. We know it's bad, but we're mildly interested in playing it. It's cheaper than renting it individually.

#79 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

Hmm...nothing new for me, though I'm getting tempted by Perfect Dark Zero (even though I already played through it at launch and got a LOUSY 5 POINTS :lol: ) That was the stingiest points game ever (though obviously it was a launch game, so kind of forgivable).
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#80 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:24 PM

NOt as good as the original Sega Rally, but well worth 8 bucks.
[cp][/cp]

#81 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Any notes on Stormrise? Reviews look poor but that might be due to the game coming out closely to Halo Wars. I've been wanting to try Halo Wars but at this price Stormrise is looking interesting.

Since Perfect Dark came out on 360 I think I'm going to get PDZ now that it's finally hit free shipping again.

#82 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

This game is HARD! One of the hardest racers I have ever played. Getting the 1000/1000 is nearly impossible.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#83 dieresis

dieresis

CAG Veteran Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

Hmm...nothing new for me, though I'm getting tempted by Perfect Dark Zero (even though I already played through it at launch and got a LOUSY 5 POINTS :lol: ) That was the stingiest points game ever (though obviously it was a launch game, so kind of forgivable).

I agree about the achievements. They were odd and slightly difficult. The early games either had very easy achievements (a la King Kong and all those 06/07 sports games) or had strange, hard achievements (Perfect Dark Zero, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, LOTR: BFME II {705 total GS), Condemned {970 total GS}).

Any notes on Stormrise? Reviews look poor but that might be due to the game coming out closely to Halo Wars. I've been wanting to try Halo Wars but at this price Stormrise is looking interesting.

Since Perfect Dark came out on 360 I think I'm going to get PDZ now that it's finally hit free shipping again.

I believe the reviews are poor for good reason. Tons of critics bash on it. I would stray away. In the original Newegg < $15 pt.1, I believe I remember people saying it was awful.

Currently playing:

#84 yort9

yort9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

I picked it up for $9 and it wasn't bad for that price, you can play through it on normal in a couple evenings and pick up like 750 or so gamerscore.

#85 drstan00

drstan00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

Appears to be out of stock at the moment. I haven't followed this game's price, but seems like a pretty good deal.

#86 Virsago

Virsago

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

Darn. Can't find it on their site this morning.

It went back up to $29.99.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878147111

I picked up sega rally revo and alone in the dark.

#87 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

It was a reasonably enjoyable game one time through, but there's absolutely no way I could've forced myself to sit thru Hard diff, it would just be too annoying to bear with all the damn glitches. I tried doing the final level on Hard via stage select just to see if the difficulty trophy might be glitched but I couldn't get past the staircase where there's a helicopter firing at you and guys are coming from the side. There's no freaking place to take cover, there's no way to get past that spot GRRRRRRR!!

shoot a guy run down the stairs go up shoot another run down the stairs its annoying yea but it works.

#88 jeebert

jeebert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

oops

#89 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Suck it Wolverine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

Not the best game. I paid 14.99 and felt it was worth it. For the 6.99 everyone should give it a shot. ;)

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#90 theironunkind

theironunkind

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

oos atm