Photo
- - - - -

Newegg < $15 pt.2 | Sega Rally Revo (360) $7.99, Stormrise (360) $7.99, Singstar $10

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#91 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

Stormrise I believe the story was lots of bugs and then the developer pretty much abandoned fixing it because of the publisher. Think thats it in a nutshell. I have avoided and will continue to avoid, RTS experience on consoles isn't important enough to suffer through a frustratingly poor game.

I will be in for Heroes Over Europe 360 if it comes back in stock at 9.99.

Also maybe Sega Rally Revo. Don't think I have that one yet. Think I saw it at Shopko a long time ago for 14.99 but passed.

Also picked up GI Joe for $9.99, if nothing else the gives the nephews another coop game.

Edited by loomis1975, 02 April 2010 - 04:38 PM.
I'm a thinking.

#92 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

Damn - $7 for BC? That's like a sammich. Even if it's not the greatest game ever I can't pass it up.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#93 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

If you like to hunt down achievements stay as far away from Sega Rally Revo as you can. It truly is one of the most difficult games I have ever played in any category. If you don't care about achievements you will still find the game to be frustratingly difficult.

#94 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

for those waiting on Alone in the Dark, it's finally dropped to $5
Posted Image

#95 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

So, what are everyone's take on Singstar (PS3)? Its got pretty good reviews across the bored and I do enjoy making a spectacle outta' myself, but my main concern is will it be able to use and USB mic like the one that come with Rockband (360) or will I have to shell out for that separately?

#96 xraytd

xraytd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

So, what are everyone's take on Singstar (PS3)? Its got pretty good reviews across the bored and I do enjoy making a spectacle outta' myself, but my main concern is will it be able to use and USB mic like the one that come with Rockband (360) or will I have to shell out for that separately?

You CANNOT use the Rockband USB mics with Singstar. You will have to get the actual Singstar mics. The game is fun especially if you have a camera hooked up since it records your performance and has some minor editing features.

#97 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

ahhh! Bionic Commando went back up to $10. and Alone in the Dark is back up to $20!
I was about to jump on both(would be my 3rd copy of BC, keep trading it away before I open it)
I'll wait for another drop

#98 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

I like Singstar but these are my main gripes. These are the three negatives I have for it.
1) Any Rap song or song that list Rap in Genre (i.e. Ting Tings) are terrible... there is no way to really do them... I know some of these songs by heart and I cant break 4000 on any of them (normal singing song I average 7500)
2) Singstar US love is atrocious... recently it seems we don't get updates anymore (or at least we didn't get the last one which was fairly large for the UK)... the only way around this is to
create a UK account and import in UK PSN cards (something I dont do)
3) Disc Swapping - If you want to play songs from other discs, you have to disc swap. You cannot save them to the hard drive. Some disc songs are not available via download so you are forced to disc swap. If only they would have taken the Rock Band approach.

Like user above me said, you are forced to Singstar mics so the Rock Band mic will not work.

#99 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:12 AM

You CANNOT use the Rockband USB mics with Singstar. You will have to get the actual Singstar mics. The game is fun especially if you have a camera hooked up since it records your performance and has some minor editing features.

I like Singstar but these are my main gripes. These are the three negatives I have for it.
1) Any Rap song or song that list Rap in Genre (i.e. Ting Tings) are terrible... there is no way to really do them... I know some of these songs by heart and I cant break 4000 on any of them (normal singing song I average 7500)
2) Singstar US love is atrocious... recently it seems we don't get updates anymore (or at least we didn't get the last one which was fairly large for the UK)... the only way around this is to
create a UK account and import in UK PSN cards (something I dont do)
3) Disc Swapping - If you want to play songs from other discs, you have to disc swap. You cannot save them to the hard drive. Some disc songs are not available via download so you are forced to disc swap. If only they would have taken the Rock Band approach.

Like user above me said, you are forced to Singstar mics so the Rock Band mic will not work.

Ah, I guess I'll pass on it then. Thanks to the both of you.

#100 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:17 AM

wtf The Ting Tings are listed as rap??? :-s

#101 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:05 AM

Anyone ever play spyborgs for the Wii? For $7 it cant be all bad right?

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#102 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:07 AM

dunno but the reviews don't seem that great. Saw it for $5 at TRU and passed.

#103 gargus

gargus

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:13 AM

Wrong price on alien syndrom for psp. Its 7.99 not 4.99. I was going to get it for 5 bucks, but dont think its worth 8.

#104 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:26 AM

Fuckshit, I have really been wanting to try Stormrise even though I don't play RTS' very often, but I've heard that it's just different enough and this might be the price that gets it for me.
Posted Image

#105 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:31 AM

I have heard that stormrise is filled with bugs and glitches

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#106 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

It's garbage. Muddy, indistinct graphics, horrible, boring gameplay that quickly gets too hard.

I'm a fan of scrolling fighters, but spyborgs is sub-NES graphics and gameplay for the genre.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#107 ivos

ivos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:57 AM

What is up with the prices of the PS 3 games listed on the thread? All of them now are listed much, much higher on their web site. Is the sale over?

#108 Virsago

Virsago

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:15 AM

What is up with the prices of the PS 3 games listed on the thread? All of them now are listed much, much higher on their web site. Is the sale over?

Prices go up and down constantly at newegg. It has nothing to do with a sale. They just tend to sell some games cheap every now and then.

#109 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:21 AM

Bionic Commando is at $5.99 right now.

A bunch of the prices in the OP need updated.

#110 dieresis

dieresis

CAG Veteran Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

Bionic Commando is at $5.99 right now.

A bunch of the prices in the OP need updated.

As Virsago stated, Newegg prices fluctuate. To get true game prices, just go to the video game system's page and sort the games by Lowest to Highest Price.

I posted a full 360 games update on page 4 (six days ago), and now several of the games have been removed or the prices have changed.

Currently playing:
:xb1: NBA 2K14; Peggle 2; Battlefield 4
:360: Battlefield 3
(1160/1600G); Peggle (170/250G)

#111 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

$6 for Bio Commando???

Hell, I already rented and beat the game but I couldn't dare pass it up at that price.

#112 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

I've bought it twice now, once at $8.99, once at $6.99, and probably gonna get it now at $5.99, although I wish a few other games would drop in price, like Alone in the Dark, Stranglehold, or Eat Lead.

#113 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

^ I'll buy it again for the PS3 if I was to see it cheap enough (Have RE:armed on the PS3 and I think they have some unlocks if you have both.).

#114 htown01

htown01

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

$6 for Bio Commando???

Hell, I already rented and beat the game but I couldn't dare pass it up at that price.

I had not played it before but I could not wait any longer. I pulled the trigger on Bionic Commando and other games I wanted :D

#115 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

dammit, i was gonna get 50 cent but now it's up to $39.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#116 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

Finally got around to trying the sega rally revo demo, LOVE it, go to newegg and its back to Fucking 20 dollars. Lame.

#117 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

dammit, i was gonna get 50 cent but now it's up to $39.

Finally got around to trying the sega rally revo demo, LOVE it, go to newegg and its back to Fucking 20 dollars. Lame.

Ehh, no need to fret you two -- it'll be down in the next few weeks if not days.

#118 yuugotserved

yuugotserved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:00 AM

Finally some more price drops!!

PS3
Quantum of Solace $9
SingStar (Game) $8

Xbox 360
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars $5
Zoids Assault $5
Beowulf $7
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific $8
Stormrise $8
High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance w/ Dance Mat $8
The Wheelman $9
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter $9
Virtua Tennis 2009 $9
Mirror's Edge $10 Yay! Back Again!

Wii
Guiness Book of World Records $6
Nerf N Strike (Game) $6
Game Party 2 $6
My Sims Party $6
Logitech Speed Force Wireless Wheel for Wii $10
House of Dead 2 & 3 Return $13
Nerf N Strike Elite w/ Scope $15
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers $22

--

Feel free to any more if you find any more price drops :)

Enjoy!

#119 htown01

htown01

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:14 AM

Xbox 360
Mirror's Edge $10 Yay! Back Again!

Thanks for the update :D I wonder if Mirror's Edge will drop any lower.

#120 yarkitty123

yarkitty123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:23 AM

Awesome, thanks for the update. I've been waiting for that Mirror's Edge deal to return.

I AM NOT DISAPPOINT.