Photo
- - - - -

Final Fantasy 10 (PS2)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 tsheo

tsheo

Posted 29 March 2004 - 01:41 AM

GREAT game. iloved every thing but the sphere grid because it over simplified the leveling up prosses. all u guys that play he game into the triple digits try playing the game twice instead a lot more fun that way

#32 Chris Dillon

Chris Dillon

God Save The King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:14 PM

the game was ok to me being my first rpg i have ever played but when you saw the blitzball stadium fill up for the first time i was amazed and it changed my whole look.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:25 AM

The graphics sucked! It was all 3d and such ;) Graphics mean nil to me. If it looks to good to be true it probably is.

I do like FFX, but it can get pretty darn cheezy at times. The dialogue and responses from the characters made me turn away and blow chunks a few times. The cheeze aside it was a great, elegently, well thought out, and different in many ways. I liked it fun factor and entertainment wise.

My Favorite Final Fantasy is IX. Zidane and Steiner are sooooo cool. Steiner could kick tidus's wimpy teenage ass anyday.

#34 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:00 AM

I started playing a year ago and never finished. I pulled it out two months ago, got really far, and.....NEVER FINISHED! Jeez, whats wrong with me?!

samuraifez.png

#35 doraemonkerpal

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:15 AM

I started playing a year ago and never finished. I pulled it out two months ago, got really far, and.....NEVER FINISHED! Jeez, whats wrong with me?!

lol, same here. i got to the part where you play your first real blitzball game (i lost :() and stopped there. that was like 4 months ago and i haven't touched it since. that reminds me... i should start it up again :)

Well, to be honest, it's hard for people to be outraged about something once they know the facts. And it takes more effort to dig up facts than be outraged. ;)

Posted Image "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf."
:whee: http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/

#36 Nirvanaguy777

Nirvanaguy777

All Hope Will Someday Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:52 PM

Yes it lived up to the hype, it is a great game and will remain that way for a long time, eventually I think people will consider it what we consider FF7 now.
Posted Image
David Post
Currently Playing: Persona 4 and Starcraft 2.

#37 Blamo

Blamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:11 PM

Great game. But overrated. Yuna and Tidus' VA's ruined much of the game for me. Most of the game was made too easy because of the sphere grid, and IMO the sphere grid just sucks. It was a great improvement over FFIX though.

*waits to see what FFXII is like*

#38 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:35 PM

I guess I'm one of the few posting who really did not like this game. The graphics were beautiful, which is the most positive thing I can say about it. The story was cliche and the main villian was...a giant whale looking thing. Oh please. How lame.

7/10

#39 dtcarson

dtcarson

No cute in-joke here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:18 PM

I liked the sphere grid at first, but later on, it seemed to be alternately too big and too limiting/linear.
Story I didn't mind. I too was somewhat underwhelmed by the actual embodiment of Sin, although he did do some cool damage sometimes.
The voice acting might not have been very professional, but I liked Yuna and Tidus--they seemed very realistic, with a defined personality. Wakka's voice bugged me, but Auron kicked butt.
Yuna wasn't unattractive, but both her and Tidus's faces had more of a traditional Japanese tinge to them, which can take some getting used to.

I'm about 6 hours into FFX-2, and while it's certainly 'lighter' and somewhat 'frilly', I like it so far. I like having only three characters to use, than having to swap out 7. I LOVE the ability-purchase/dressphere/job thing [got me in the mood to play FFT again]. I like the voice acting, although Paine's dry-wit type voice grates if she says too much. I like her detached, distanced attitude, but her voice acting is too monotonous so far. And of course the costumes are attractive and just revealing enough, although I'm not sure what to think about the Sailor Moon-type transformation. I wish that, like on FFVIII I think, you could hit 'Select' and have all the on-screen menus disappear to watch the transformation full-screen. Also, it's such a nice game to watch, I wish it was true turn based, instead of the ATB. But small complaints, imho. I also like the mission based, somewhat-linear, 'chapter' type gameplay.

#40 XboxMaster

XboxMaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:28 AM

I'm very wierd with RPG's and get bored with most that're supposed to be the best around. But FFX and a few others keep me playing, so I give FFX a 10 out of 10.
http://users.ign.com...real_xboxmaster

"Remember kids: don't do drugs, you might become famous."

Posted Image

#41 bruce_pwns_j00

bruce_pwns_j00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:26 PM

I wanted to like it but I cant. Simple reason: I have ADD
Posted Image