CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:40 AM

Bought the following:

UFC 2009 Undisputed
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
Tekken 6
Batman: Arkham Asylum

Decent deals. Tekken 6 is probably the best deal out of the bunch. All in all, Amazon delivered the goods but the deal of the day could have been better. Dante needed to be $30 max.

#842 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:46 AM

Bought the following:

UFC 2009 Undisputed
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
Tekken 6
Batman: Arkham Asylum

Decent deals. Tekken 6 is probably the best deal out of the bunch. All in all, Amazon delivered the goods but the deal of the day could have been better. Dante needed to be $30 max.

You really can't complain, paying $45 dollars for Star Ocean thats a crime, I hope you don't regret it.

#843 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:48 AM

Pretty much a FAIL today. Batman was probably the only game worth the price and I have that already. The only thing that was 100% claimed was Tekken 6 and I got that on a deal of the day for $20. Let me say I got the game and was really dissappointed. And I am a big Tekken fan. My favorite series and now I can see why people consider SF4 to be a good game. Oh well! Lets wait til the next one. I don't expect much anymore. Black Friday is where the deals are good.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#844 Linwood

Linwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:48 AM

You really can't complain, paying $45 dollars for Star Ocean thats a crime, I hope you don't regret it.

Yeah, that was probably a mistake but, well, there is no but. It was definitely a mistake.

#845 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:54 AM

Pretty awful deals this time around. Tekken 6 was the highlight, which sucks because I don't like Tekken much.

Dante's Inferno shouldn't be priced higher than $30 especially now that the vastly superior God of War III is now out.

#846 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

Pretty much a FAIL today. Batman was probably the only game worth the price and I have that already. The only thing that was 100% claimed was Tekken 6 and I got that on a deal of the day for $20. Let me say I got the game and was really dissappointed. And I am a big Tekken fan. My favorite series and now I can see why people consider SF4 to be a good game. Oh well! Lets wait til the next one. I don't expect much anymore. Black Friday is where the deals are good.

yes the load times in that game is atrocious. Glad I sold it to gamestop.
Posted Image

#847 xHOJUx

xHOJUx

Spinning Pile Driver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:57 AM

You know the deals were lame when only one was 100% claimed.

#848 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:36 AM

Oh I assure you I can read just fine. The Blu Wave remote is an inferior product compared to the official remote regardless of your subjective opinion.

Anyone that took a moment to read would know that the two products have different potential uses and therefore are not subject to a simplistic comparison.

Official remote = Bluetooth control of PS3 via that remote.
Blu Wave = IR control of PS3 via any programmable IR controller.

These are facts; nothing "subjective" about it. I'd refer you to a dictionary, but as our good friend Barney Frank says, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table.

#849 SimaYi

SimaYi

Ready 4 BlackFriday!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:40 AM

I think alot of hate for Tekken 6 is unjustified, they could have done more with it but I think the real killer is that it released at a bad time and didn't bring anything new or exciting to the fighting genre. For $18 it's a deal if I had been on at this time, though I only own the Xbox 360 version so don't know about the bad loading time claims.

#850 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:14 AM

I bought Star Ocean 4 for around $25.00 (20 credit from bad company 2...which bad company 2 is worth full msrp on its own). I don't really like jrpgs lately, but I always had a soft spot for the star ocean series (it reminds me of simpler times).

#851 Chickenmumbo

Chickenmumbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:33 AM

Anyone that took a moment to read would know that the two products have different potential uses and therefore are not subject to a simplistic comparison.

These are facts; nothing "subjective" about it. I'd refer you to a dictionary, but as our good friend Barney Frank says, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table.

Amen to that, the official Sony remote wont work with my Harmony so I snagged the Nyko Blu wave. Anything is better than using the PS2 controller.

#852 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:35 AM

You obviously still don't get it and apparently it is futile to point out why to you. If you think this controller does a good enough job, that's your opinion.

The most noticeable problem with this remote is that it cannot turn on and off your PS3 with the press of a button. You still either have to keep a controller handy or get up and manually turn it on. There are other alternatives that do a much better job. You have to pay more, but you get what you pay for...hence my statement as to why this is an inferior product. Not opinion...just factual functionality of this controller.

You can go have that argument with a dining room table now.

#853 Ratfoot

Ratfoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:21 AM

To all those whining about load times for Tekken on PS3 once installed the game has nearly no load screens.

#854 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

To all those whining about load times for Tekken on PS3 once installed the game has nearly no load screens.

^ This.
Since I got T6 a while back ($34.99) I haven't touched T5DRO. No reason to really.

<---- Hardcore since Tekken 2.
I would sacrifice many a goat to see Tekken Tag 2.

#855 Sway42

Sway42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

You obviously still don't get it and apparently it is futile to point out why to you.

see when you start gettin riled up, you forget stuff and think is ok to keep on attackin.

He is talkin about the Nyko Blu Wave IR USB thing. He wants to plug it and use it with his own controller. He would probably throw the nyko controller for all he cares. Him and a few CAGs liked that deal because of the usb IR thing for their own remotes.
not sure if it is futile to point this out to you at this point.

I just use my Samsung remote to stop and play my blu rays. :D

#856 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

That sucked as much as expected.

It's like Amazon tried the first time they had a system based gold box (Wii one if I recall correctly) and after that they just haven't bothered to even try save the occasional deal here and there.

#857 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

I could be wrong but I think a lot of these gold box events are based on what needs to move. Maybe they had a few too many SO4's in stock and wanted to free space???

I kinda regret not going for SO4 but if it was $5 cheaper I woulda bit.

#858 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

The most noticeable problem with this remote is that it cannot turn on and off your PS3 with the press of a button.

Considering that the PS3 gets turned on every time the official remote is even vaguely bumped, having a remote that doesn't turn it on might be a good thing. It's annoying having to be so careful around it.

#859 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

Aw well, wait on Star Ocean, have another RPG for the present anyways.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#860 SteelSD

SteelSD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

see when you start gettin riled up, you forget stuff and think is ok to keep on attackin.

He is talkin about the Nyko Blu Wave IR USB thing. He wants to plug it and use it with his own controller. He would probably throw the nyko controller for all he cares. Him and a few CAGs liked that deal because of the usb IR thing for their own remotes.
not sure if it is futile to point this out to you at this point.

I just use my Samsung remote to stop and play my blu rays. :D

Yeah, not quite seeing the reason for having an issue with the Blu Wave deal either. I grabbed one at Best Buy when they marked them down to $8 specifically for the USB attachment (the remote went in the trash). Works perfectly well with a Logitech Harmony remote to control the PS3 and saves a good $50+ versus Logitech's USB-to-Bluetooth adapter. And if you're watching movies with it, you have to get up off the couch (how awful, I know) to put the disc in anyway, so not being able to start the PS3 up remotely is a moot issue.

Most folks who don't own a Harmony remote (and many who do) don't realize that you can program macros into it to control the number of button presses for the remote. You simply program the number of directional button presses it takes to turn off the PS3 based on where the icon falls when exiting the game or movie and all the components are able to shut down with the press of a single button. Good luck doing that with Sony's Bluetooth remote. Ditto for attempting to control any other IR-controlled component. Best $8 I've spent in quite some time.