Nintendo Power - $9.98/year at Amazon

Online is messy and biased. Plus I have to suffer with too many pages wasted on 360. That's why I still get mags, but these offers always show up not long after I resubscribe. I only pay like $10 or $15 anyway (they get cheaper the longer you wait, lol).

Guessing this will stack with my current sub to add 12 months on to it vs just sending me double issues.

Since we will inevitably get someone asking if the mag is any good ill just say right here - Its a pretty decent mag, nothing amazing as far as the writing goes. I find myself skimming vs seriously reading a lot of the articles. However for $10 its not bad, and if anyone out there is like me and cuts up old magazines to make poster/collages out of them then Nintendo power is a great but since it tends to have high quality prints.

Sigh, I remember the pre-interent days when Nintendo Power was like gold. I'm still not sure how they got my address for the first issue. I'm guessing my mom must have filled something out and sent it in.

Nice! Thanks OP

I got away from gaming mags because of the interwebz, but this and the PSM deal a little while back are too hard to pass up

:)

[quote name='MSI Magus']Guessing this will stack with my current sub to add 12 months on to it vs just sending me double issues.

Since we will inevitably get someone asking if the mag is any good ill just say right here - Its a pretty decent mag, nothing amazing as far as the writing goes. I find myself skimming vs seriously reading a lot of the articles. However for $10 its not bad, and if anyone out there is like me and cuts up old magazines to make poster/collages out of them then Nintendo power is a great but since it tends to have high quality prints.[/QUOTE]

The reviews are a little biased and mostly useless to me but i do like the articles -- the best part of the magazine is the stuff that's coming out soon. LIKE NBA JAM! I was so psyched when I got that issue.

I got it for $5 from tanga but worth $10.

Be careful of auto-renewal... Amazon says the price of the renewal will be whatever their lowest price is at the time. So if you getting 1 year now at 9.98, it could be $20, $25 or even $30 when it is time to renew it in a year. No guaranteed price...

I haven't been subbed to Nintendo Power for 6 years, is it worse than Gameinformer? (I consider Gameinformer trash, barely worth reading on the can)

does this stack with current subscription if that was not ordered/managed through amazon? Mine subs will run out in august and going through the process through amazon, I don't see a place to enter current account number?

[quote name='wasabi5858']does this stack with current subscription if that was not ordered/managed through amazon? Mine subs will run out in august and going through the process through amazon, I don't see a place to enter current account number?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure if not mistaken it will be ok just as long as the name and address match.

Tanga.com usually has this a few times a year for less than 5 bucks a year. So if you have a subscription, and you're truly a CAG, you may want to hold off.

Nice, picked this up. $10 is a small price to pay for hours of crapper entertainment. Hopefully they'll do something similar for the new EGM.

I mostly like the magazine, especially for upcoming info but there are a couple of things that annoy me. The Tri coverage was crap and how many times does the magazine need to pat nintendo on the back in a year. I mean 1/4 of the magazine seems like it covers what was and how great it was over and over again.

hmn.. $10... good deal.... but think I'll wait for Tanga to post it once again for $5. I got two years for $10. YES TANGA DOES STACK! Yay! My subscription expires sometime next year.

Tempting, but Nintendo Power hasn't been an interesting read for me in years. It's a shame too because as a kid when Nintendo Power first came out getting an issue in the mail was like Christmas. I still have a nice chunk of classic NP issues though.

It's hard to beat the days of Nester and the Power Club.

[quote name='Sigma']Tempting, but Nintendo Power hasn't been an interesting read for me in years. It's a shame too because as a kid when Nintendo Power first came out getting an issue in the mail was like Christmas. I still have a nice chunk of classic NP issues though.

It's hard to beat the days of Nester and the Power Club.[/QUOTE]

When you were a kid, the Internet didn't exist. It's like comparing masturbation when you were a virgin to masturbation after you lose your virginity - you'll never get those old days back.

Unlike most magazines or masturbators though, Nintendo Power actually has some use since they still break exclusives like Mega Man 9 and NBA Jam, which is no easy feat in this day and age.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']If all I have is a DS , is this Mag worth the price

I mean hell $10 isnt anything[/QUOTE]

I'd say so. I only have a DS too, and I think 83 cents an issue is a great deal for such a quality mag.

[quote name='DPsx7']Online is messy and biased.[/QUOTE]

Thank god for Nintendo Power the last bastion of fair and unbiased Nintendo news! Sorry to troll, but this comment was too funny to resist. ;)

[quote name='Armads']I haven't been subbed to Nintendo Power for 6 years, is it worse than Gameinformer? (I consider Gameinformer trash, barely worth reading on the can)[/QUOTE]

I kind of like Game Informer, but I only get it because of my Edge Card. Does this Tanga site that everyone keeps mentioning ever have deals on Game Informer?

[quote name='GenPirate']I kind of like Game Informer, but I only get it because of my Edge Card. Does this Tanga site that everyone keeps mentioning ever have deals on Game Informer?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you only get the Edge card if you're getting Game Informer from Gamestop...

[quote name='bitzer']I'm pretty sure you only get the Edge card if you're getting Game Informer from Gamestop...[/QUOTE]

Aye, you do. What I meant was that if Tanga ever has it for a good price I would be willing to get it from them instead of from GameStop for 15 bucks. I am rarely in GameStop so I could careless about the Edge Card.

Thanks OP. I wound up letting my Nintendo Power subscription lapse last year. Haven't really been thrilled with it for quite a few years, but seeing as how I have every issue since NP started I might as well re-up for $10 and try to find a good deal on the past few months worth of back-issues that I missed.

Does anyone know what issue you will get if you buy it now? I wasn't sure if anyone has ordered from Amazon and remembers. I'm not sure if you would get the one they are showing on the page now, or if you would get the current one.

I'd like to get the subscription because I've just been buying the magazines individually when I want one, so that gets to be pretty costly. I know I will be getting Super Mario Galaxy 2's Nintendo Power when it comes out, but if I could get it from Amazon, that would be the obvious way to do it since the cost of one magazine is almost as much as the entire year.

Thanks for the post OP

[quote name='GenPirate']Aye, you do. What I meant was that if Tanga ever has it for a good price I would be willing to get it from them instead of from GameStop for 15 bucks. I am rarely in GameStop so I could careless about the Edge Card.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I believe they do. I've seen it for $5 before but, while I read the magazine, the Edge card is worth way more than even $15 a year (for me).

[quote name='bitzer']I'm pretty sure you only get the Edge card if you're getting Game Informer from Gamestop...[/QUOTE]

Actually you can get around this if you can find a deal on the Game Informer subscription elsewhere on the cheap.

I discovered this thanks to my wallet - which is where plastic cards go to die. For some reason my wallet just absolutely destroys the printing on any card I put in it, so inevitably on a stop into GameStop, the bar code printing on the little sticker they apply to the Edge Card had worn off to the point of being indecipherable. I knew I still had a few months left on my Edge account but they couldn't find me in their system. So they just told me to bring in my Game Informer with shipping label that showed how long my subscription ran through and they would re-setup my account with that date.

For those that used Tanga for the 5 dollar subscription..

Has anyone had any problems with magazines not being delivered? I hit up the Tanga deal the last time it came around (I swear it's been at least 6 months), and I've gotten only 1 issue. Even for the first couple of months, I didn't receive a magazine, so I sent Tanga a message asking why my subscription wasn't being honored, and I promptly received an issue about a week later. After that, no more magazines.

I've been regularly e-mailing Tanga, but they're just not responding to me anymore. I figure what the hell, it's 5 bucks, but I'm never going with Tanga again.

I'm going to renew mine with this Amazon deal.

[quote name='bitzer']Gotcha. I believe they do. I've seen it for $5 before but, while I read the magazine, the Edge card is worth way more than even $15 a year (for me).[/QUOTE]

I suppose I should just keep the edge card and in between buy extra years when I see deals on them. GameStop is not very bright when it comes to the internet, I bought the Magazine on ebay for 6 dollars and they combined my Edge card subscription with it so I paid 21 dollars for about 2 and a half years of Edge.

bread's done
Back