The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Out Now!

Draekon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
witcher2.jpg

Official Site: http://tw2.thewitcher.com/

System Requirements:

Minimum Requirements:
Processor: Core 2Duo 2.2 GHz or dual core AMD 2.5 GHz
RAM: 1GB Win XP/ 2GB Vista/7
Graphics: GeForce 8800 512MB or Radeon (HD3850 512 MB)
HDD Space: 16 GB

Recommended Requirements:
Processor: Quad Core Intel or AMD
RAM: 3GB Win XP/ 4GB Vista/7
Graphics: GeForce 260 1GB or (HD4850 1GB)

News
:

CD Projekt RED - internal DRM policy
Jun 14, 2010

In response to recent unofficial statements regarding a DRM solution for The Witcher 2, Adam Kiciński, CEO of CD Projekt RED, offered the following comment: “Given the concerns expressed by players and growing media speculation, we have decided to make public our internal DRM policy (click HERE to read the policy). Although we are the game’s developer, we obviously won’t be making a unilateral decision on the DRM protection that is applied to The Witcher 2. Nevertheless, our internal rules and guidelines should reassure players. As the game’s developer, we will strive to do everything in accordance with our stated policy. I would also like to inform all of our fans that no decisions have yet been made as to whether The Witcher 2 will feature DRM protection or what form it might take. As per our policy, we will do our utmost to prevent the adopted DRM solution, if any, from making life difficult for those who acquire legal game copies. I can’t imagine using any protection that would deprive game fans of any of the pleasure that will come from playing the game, as has been the case with other notable PC game titles,” said Adam Kiciński, CEO of CD Projekt RED. To read more of what CD Projekt executives have said about DRM protection as an issue, click HERE .

Videos
:

Dev Diary #1: Gametrailers

Debut Trailer: Gametrailers

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this at E3 last year, looked pretty good. Played a little bit of the first one at a friend's, I'll have to pick it up. Still holding its price though.

I'm glad they are making a sequel, the first game was really good stuff (even though I haven't finished it yet).

Gah! I need to get on the ball with the first one. I always mean to buy it whenever it goes on sale (which it has many times, wasn't it $13 on steam once?), but end up not being able to spare the money or tell myself that I have too many games to play anyway.

But this does look very cool. I played the demo of the first one and really enjoyed it.

I wonder though, will they do with this one what they did The Witcher? Will they release an enhanced edition with tons of extras?

[quote name='Ryukahn']Looks good, I had no idea they announced a new game.[/QUOTE]

They have been talking about it on and off for awhile now but they never went in depth since they were having problems getting it published. I guess the first one wasnt a high enough profile for easy publishing, not to mention being a game developer from poland probablly doesnt help alot.

Long as they fix the god awful gameplay controls Ill be a happy camper. I liked the first one and even re-bought it for the uncut collectors edition but damn was it a bitch to learn how to play the fucking thing, I learned how to play falcon 4.0 easier than this game and it came with a damn flight manual the size of a text book.

Hopefully they got over the growing pains though. The first one had tons of bugs and multiple patches and repatches, patches for sound, updates for updates. They did however go alot further than anyother developer would have as they kept supporting the game, hell they even released free as a "were sorry" content pack or two that added shitloads of stuff that anyother dev would have split into multiple DLC and charged 10 bucks each for.

Should note they're aiming for a Q1 2011 release. This one looks completely different from the first one, so here's hoping it's even better than the first.

I heard that they are going with a side company of Atari to publish the game, Bandai from EU.

Hopefully the PC will be better or just as good as the port for the 360.

I'll probably pick it up when it gets cheap!

[quote name='xycury']I heard that they are going with a side company of Atari to publish the game, Bandai from EU.

Hopefully the PC will be better or just as good as the port for the 360.

I'll probably pick it up when it gets cheap![/QUOTE]

Bandai isn't an Atari side company. Bandai is Namco/Bandai. They bought Atari's publishing rights in Europe.

[quote name='mogamer']Bandai isn't an Atari side company. Bandai is Namco/Bandai. They bought Atari's publishing rights in Europe.[/QUOTE]

So Atari then doesn't have a presence in EU? I thought it was the other way around that Atari purchased them...

[quote name='xycury']So Atari then doesn't have a presence in EU? I thought it was the other way around that Atari purchased them...[/QUOTE]

No, Atari (or as some call them Infotari), as always, needed cash. So they sold european distribution and/or publishing rights (not sure on which it is) to Namco/Bandai.

[quote name='mogamer']No, Atari (or as some call them Infotari), as always, needed cash. So they sold european distribution and/or publishing rights (not sure on which it is) to Namco/Bandai.[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha!

Well I hope that doesn't affect the development of this title. I'm praying that the PC won't be a port of the 360...

[quote name='xycury']Well I hope that doesn't affect the development of this title. I'm praying that the PC won't be a port of the 360...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty certain the PC is the primary development platform for it.

Anyhow, more info is rolling out on the game:

Gamespot Interview: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher2/video/6254063?hd=1
Gamespot Impressions "Preview": http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher2/news.html?sid=6254071&mode=previews
Gamespot Cutscene Trailer: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher2/video/6254054?hd=1

And the game is now officially announced as of today: http://www.thewitcher.com/announcement_en.html

EDIT: Publisher info (From the official forums):

North America - Atari Inc.
Russia - 1C-SoftClub/Snowball Studios
Central Europe - CD Projekt
Western Europe - not decided yet

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Hidden message in the trailer.

VxwvN.jpg
[/QUOTE]

^ Stuff like that makes me actually think about paying money for a game.

nice kudos to us! the customer/fans!

Glad they are still on that thought mentality from the first one... give us the attention and we'll gobble it up!

This is awesome news, the first game was one of the best PC games I've played in a long time. I have faith that TW2 will be even better than the first, the technology already looks vastly improved from the trailer. If this comes out in 2011 along with The Old Republic and Diablo III (crosses fingers) I will be a very happy camper. Oh and Half-Life 2:Episode 3, I forgot about that one.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Only think about?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I still need to demo and see how the game is going to be implemented for us 'fans.'

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']1UP: Witcher 2 Pirates May Receive Threatening Letters, Fines

Looks like they're not going to just take it lying down anymore.

And another video:

Gametrailers: The Engine (Part 1)[/QUOTE]
God damn them. Just when I'm ready to start singing praises about how they're refusing to use DRM again, they go and do this. Seriously, the last game had no DRM and sold over at least a million copies. Probably more now that Steam has regular sales on it. I want to support these guys for being awesome and fighting the good fight, but making stupid PR announcements like this just takes the wind out of my sails.

[quote name='Jodou']God damn them. Just when I'm ready to start singing praises about how they're refusing to use DRM again, they go and do this. Seriously, the last game had no DRM and sold over at least a million copies. Probably more now that Steam has regular sales on it. I want to support these guys for being awesome and fighting the good fight, but making stupid PR announcements like this just takes the wind out of my sails.[/QUOTE]

The important part is they aren't putting any problems on their honest consumers. They can do whatever they want as far as I care, so long as my game doesn't have install limits or hidden software.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']The important part is they aren't putting any problems on their honest consumers. They can do whatever they want as far as I care, so long as my game doesn't have install limits or hidden software.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. And that's what I kind of like about this. It doesn't hurt any legitimate customers. It just gives pirates something to pause and think about before downloading that torrent.

Has anything been said about DRM on their physical copies yet? I know GOG.com isn't suppose to have any DRM, but this obviously doesn't automatically mean their physical copies won't.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Bingo. And that's what I kind of like about this. It doesn't hurt any legitimate customers. It just gives pirates something to pause and think about before downloading that torrent.[/QUOTE]
It's unnecessary in my book. Pirates are going to download it regardless of the 'big scary law firms', so why even bother? Don't get on a soapbox and cry, just do it. Actions speak louder than words and pirates don't need a warning shot.[quote name='Draekon']Has anything been said about DRM on their physical copies yet? I know GOG.com isn't suppose to have any DRM, but this obviously doesn't automatically mean their physical copies won't.[/QUOTE]Physical copies will be completely clean. Unless they add bullshit steamworks to it, I'll be buying a retail copy.

I want to get the gog.com copy because I like to support what DRM free, but I also like the convenience of automatic patching from Steam......

Decisions decisions...

The interface design doesn't bother me, so long as it doesn't impede the use of a keyboard and mouse or make it an incredibly lackluster design.

If this game gets in any way significantly "consolized" it will be my biggest disappointment of 2011. Still holding out hope that it won't be though.

Looking good. The combat reminds me of Batman a bit, but a little less fluid. I'm sure it will still be amazing, though.

Official System Requirements are out:

Minimum Requirements:
Processor: Core 2Duo 2.2 GHz or dual core AMD 2.5 GHz
RAM: 1GB Win XP/ 2GB Vista/7
Graphics: GeForce 8800 512MB or Radeon (HD3850 512 MB)

Recommended Requirements:

Processor: Quad Core Intel or AMD
RAM: 3GB Win XP/ 4GB Vista/7
Graphics: GeForce 260 1GB or (HD4850 1GB)

Very excited for this game. Tomorrow is the day! Thought the first one was one of the best RPGs I had ever played. Hope this one is equally good.

Mine already shipped. I forgot they were putting this out with some extras, so seeing the premium content again just reminds me what an awesome dev CDProjekt is.

Downloading now on Steam, so excited to finally play this! I have GOTY expectations for this, I hope it doesn't let me down.

Uh, holy shit they first hour is a fucking sexy bitch? More so if you have a computer that can handle high/ultra. Dear god. If it continues along this road, it could easily top Game of the Year.

Seriously. The way they have everything setup so far is pretty damn awesome. The UI is much to my liking too. And it's also very clear that they did not censor it.

Stayed home from work for other reasons but ended up playing a lot of this game. Got it on Steam. Love the graphics. So far I have died a whole lot. Cant seem to figure things out. Also sucked that I count pull in my game save after putting so many hours into The Witcher 1. I wanted to hear them talk about my decisions.

Well aside from their server being down for activation when I got home, the 20 minutes I did play was trying to figure out where the keybindings were hidden. Either I didn't look hard enough or they simply consolized that menu. I'm getting so fucking sick and tired of this shit. How, fucking, hard is it to program a GUI for this? The game looks so good and they nailed graphical customization so I'm at a loss as to why the only option under gameplay would be 'choose your controller'. That and the mouse is so 'loose' in movement; I don't really like how it controls.

I'll mess around with config files tonight, but CD Projekt is better than that. It won't really get in the way of playing it, but it's disappointing.

The way they do the tutorial is a bit bad as it pops up briefly in a very small window and then closes. However it somewhat blends with everything else that you notice it too late to really find out what those keybindings are.

Supposedly the controller is a pretty good option to use for the game. As for the mouse being loose, it was a bit surprising because I turned the sensitivity way up due to the slowness of the menu. However I moved it back down once I got into the actual game. Then it wasn't so bad. It's mostly meant to work with how the new battle system works, which you'll find out about in the near future.

[quote name='Draekon']Supposedly the controller is a pretty good option to use for the game. As for the mouse being loose, it was a bit surprising because I turned the sensitivity way up due to the slowness of the menu. However I moved it back down once I got into the actual game. Then it wasn't so bad. It's mostly meant to work with how the new battle system works, which you'll find out about in the near future.[/QUOTE]
I did the exact same thing and it's painful trying to loot things (is there a hotkey for loot all?) since the menu speed is so slow. Also, arrow keys work for navigating dialogue options but there's no no way to select without clicking? It just blows my mind how they could make such a great game but fail on the simplest part lol.

I don't know yet. I haven't had the time to play much. Got home at 6PM but had to go out to dinner and then I also promised to play something else with someone. So I only had about an hour to play. If I find it, I'll be sure to mention it in this thread.

bread's done
Back