Photo
- - - - -

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, that's the one. I also

Spoiler

You're correct about the mid-chapter thing. However I wouldn't say that the other side is
Spoiler

#92 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

I feel kind of cheated now, as if my decision was the wrong one. It's pretty obvious CDPR wants you to play through it again, but I really don't feel a driving need to do so. I feel kind of cheated that the game is so short because they split chapter 2 into two playthroughs. Sure I could change specs, make different choices, but in practice I never do. Meh.

#93 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

Another huge patch with tons of DLC:
Spoiler

Too bad I'm already finished with the game. :\

#94 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

You didn't miss much with any of the DLC except for Troll Trouble. That troll in particular is awesome. I got the DLC from the Witcher 2 site when 1.1 released. The rest of the DLC isn't terribly useful beyond chapter 1. As for the new free DLC package, it looks like it's only a barber.

So you aren't missing much.

#95 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

Oh, I got Troll Trouble in 1.1 and yeah, it was easily the best quest in the game lol. If every quest had been that good, I would've given the game 5*'s. Was mysterious merchant the dude selling perfume?

#96 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

I dunno. He had some useful items on him in Chapter 2. I didn't check him in Chapter 1 nor did I see him in Chapter 3.

#97 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

Just wondering...are you guys using a controller or keyboard and mouse? I'm still pretty early in the game(basically, the part where you run into Geralt's friends from the first game), but it seems like everything is optimized for using a controller.
Posted Image

#98 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

I played with keyboard and mouse. Felt fine to me.

#99 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

I was not going to get The Witcher 2 because I was not sure if my laptop could handle it (I have an Alienware M11x R2) but it runs great, 25-40 FPS on medium graphic settings)

This game is AMAZING
Posted Image

#100 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

I can't launch my digital download game. Everytime I try, i am prompted to use the launcher. I use the launcher and am told Patcher_Atari.Exe update is ready to install. I choose to install it and nothing happens. Can anyone help?

#101 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

More content coming in 2.0. Seems neat, but nothing I'd go back for.

And why the hell is it when I use CAG's search for 'Witcher 2' it could only find that newer thread? HINT CAG: THEY BOTH HAVE WITCHER 2 IN THE TITLE! Worthless functionality.

#102 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

Yeah, the search is broken according to mods/john. Supposedly when we move to IP Boards it will be fixed.