God of War III Ultimate Edition @ Gamestop.com $79.99 + tax

backseatdog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
Not sure if this has been posted, but when I add God of War III Ultimate Edition to my cart, $20 is immediately taken off. You can also use the daily coupon 20ps3, but it should be $20 off either way.

Link:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=270231

Not sure how hot this is, but this the cheapest I've seen it. Gamestop has free shipping, but it does have tax. Tax is $7 for me so its about $87 total. This is great if there are people still looking for this package.

OP, might want to edit the title. People mostly already know about the daily deal, and they are probably going to assume you mean it's $80 before the coupon.

[quote name='Tony208']Backordered can't be good. Could that mean reprint?[/QUOTE]

Either that or we just won't get them. Probably will never get it.

[quote name='TheKbob']Neat, but not biting on collector's editions any more.[/QUOTE]

Im the same way, till this one came out. If you want the pandoras chest to display then its worth it cause its pretty damn cool and good sized to.

Normally I hate CE because its usually just a steelbook, code for some online weapon, a cheap artbook and if were lucky a bonus dvd thats 9 minutes of the developers jerking off at how awesome their game is.

But the pandoras box is bigger than I thought. Its on top of my xbox now and it fits just right between the top vent holes without covering them up and its about 2 times as tall as the 360. Its well made.

My only complaint is that the behinds the scenes stuff isnt on a dvd in it, you have to download it. But atleast they give you a option of standard or HD format to download and the damn thing is over a hour long and hosted by fucking peter weller.......yeah thats right, robocop is hosting a god of war documentary.

Meh, so far the game isn't all that anyway, that and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find this cheaper at a later date.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You can flip these on eBay for $150, I was just about to order another one but apparently it's backordered. GG.[/QUOTE]
good job :applause: and now you have prob lowered the value to $120!

[quote name='animemaniac14']good job :applause: and now you have prob lowered the value to $120![/QUOTE]

Good thing you can't actually buy one from GameStop! I changed my listing's price lightning fast, but then reverted when I saw backordered. Rofl.

[quote name='animemaniac14']good job :applause: and now you have prob lowered the value to $120![/QUOTE]

If it's backordered, how the fuck is an item not shipping out going to lower eBay prices?

Anybody who ordered: did they give you an estimated window for delivery? I am thinking about burning a little extra GS credit, and squirreling away another one of these.

I'm debating attempting to order one. I wish they would allow store pickup, the store down the street from me has it in stock...

[quote name='Tony208']Backordered can't be good. Could that mean reprint?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for certain on GameStop's warehouse, but I work for ToysRUs.com and our online warehouse never actually got our shipment of Ultimate Editions from Sony. If this was a more widespread logistics failure on Sony's part then it's possible the reason for the backorder status is just that GS.com is waiting for theirs to show up too.

Yeah, I can definitely see the GoW 3 Ultimate Edition being a clearance item for years to come, much like the Halo 3 LE. $60/$50 Amazon Gold Box/DotD coming soon, followed by $50 Black Friday special on Amazon and elsewhere. Then, sometime in 2011 reports of these things being found on clearance at random stores for $19.99 or less...

At least, I can hope, LOL :D

But no doubt there is nothing rare about this.

[quote name='karkyco']

But no doubt there is nothing rare about this.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't say that, no where is really selling it anymore, and Sony released less than retailers expected to receive. You could wait and see, or attempt to pick it up for ($80 which is not that bad for a CE). Could turn out like the Bioshock CE, only time will tell.

[quote name='karkyco'] But no doubt there is nothing rare about this.[/QUOTE]

How do you know that? Where can I buy this right now and actually expect to receive it other than ebay? Unless they're making more (which could be the case I dunno) it will most likely be rare. I'm guessing these gamestop orders end up canceled. Even if they do get more we probably still won't get them for this price, just because it's gamestop lol..

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, I can definitely see the GoW 3 Ultimate Edition being a clearance item for years to come, much like the Halo 3 LE. $60/$50 Amazon Gold Box/DotD coming soon, followed by $50 Black Friday special on Amazon and elsewhere. Then, sometime in 2011 reports of these things being found on clearance at random stores for $19.99 or less...

Find another store where you can even buy these on backorder besides Gamestop. You'll have a long night ahead of you.

[quote name='ShockandAww']How do you know that? Where can I buy this right now and actually expect to receive it other than ebay? Unless they're making more (which could be the case I dunno) it will most likely be rare. I'm guessing these gamestop orders end up canceled. Even if they do get more we probably still won't get them for this price, just because it's gamestop lol..[/QUOTE]

that's so true. good luck waiting to those jumped on the deal

This thing won't be as rare as the Mass Effect 2 LE was, but you're not going to see them at clearance prices widespread for months to come. It'll be extremely YMMV and you should consider yourself lucky if you ever get this thing below $70.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You can flip these on eBay for $150, I was just about to order another one but apparently it's backordered. GG.[/QUOTE]

I know people on eBay aren't the brightest, but why on earth would someone want to spend $50 on top of the extra $40 for a cheap piece of plastic?

I mean no offense to any GOW fans out there, but you can't deny that box is going to break the next time your furnace or air condition kicks on.

[quote name='gargus']
My only complaint is that the behinds the scenes stuff isnt on a dvd in it, you have to download it. But atleast they give you a option of standard or HD format to download and the damn thing is over a hour long and hosted by fucking peter weller.......yeah thats right, robocop is hosting a god of war documentary.[/QUOTE]

Peter Weller has a doctorate in Renaissance Art History and is an professor of the same at Syracuse University. He's also well versed in anchient Greek and Roman history/mythology.

He hosts an awesome show on the History channel called 'Engineering an Empire'.

In addition to all that, he's fucking ROBOCOP and BUCKAROO BANZAI!!! =)

[quote name='Puffa469']Peter Weller has a doctorate in Renaissance Art History and is an professor of the same at Syracuse University. He's also well versed in anchient Greek and Roman history/mythology.

He hosts an awesome show on the History channel called 'Engineering an Empire'.

In addition to all that, he's fucking ROBOCOP and BUCKAROO BANZAI!!! =)[/QUOTE]

wow, I learned something from a deal thread :lol:

That's cool, I always wondered if he just fell off the face of the earth after Robocop.

[quote name='ninja dog']wow, I learned something from a deal thread :lol:

That's cool, I always wondered if he just fell off the face of the earth after Robocop.[/QUOTE]

He was in the movie Screamers which didn't do much to help his career :)

I could see this thing hitting the BB clearance since it looks like many stores got a few. That said, considering its unavailable everywhere and was a pretty decent LE I could see those ebay prices holding up.

I feel like when collector's editions are exclusive to 1 console, they are more likely to go oop sooner, hold/increase value better.
Not that there is an unbreakable law, or anything.
Could be collectors/speculators have 1 edition to focus resources on.
And ps3 games seem to hold value longer than their 360 counterparts.

[quote name='vherub']And ps3 games seem to hold value longer than their 360 counterparts.[/QUOTE]

PS3 games hold value longer due to smaller initial print runs, lack of markdown allowance from publishers, and some of Sony's internal rules (especially in regards to exclusive titles). It's one of the three reasons I don't buy anything for my PS3 unless it's an exclusive or notably better (FF13).

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, I can definitely see the GoW 3 Ultimate Edition being a clearance item for years to come, much like the Halo 3 LE. $60/$50 Amazon Gold Box/DotD coming soon, followed by $50 Black Friday special on Amazon and elsewhere. Then, sometime in 2011 reports of these things being found on clearance at random stores for $19.99 or less...

From what I have seen, this is extremely rare. My BB had two for sale to the public. GS stopped preorders in early February, over a month before launch. I have never seen one for sale ANYWHERE, online or B&M except on launch day only.

[quote name='tsl141']I know people on eBay aren't the brightest, but why on earth would someone want to spend $50 on top of the extra $40 for a cheap piece of plastic?

I mean no offense to any GOW fans out there, but you can't deny that box is going to break the next time your furnace or air condition kicks on.[/QUOTE]

People collect things they like. That's the whole point of a collector's edition.

[quote name='tsl141']I know people on eBay aren't the brightest, but why on earth would someone want to spend $50 on top of the extra $40 for a cheap piece of plastic?

I mean no offense to any GOW fans out there, but you can't deny that box is going to break the next time your furnace or air condition kicks on.[/QUOTE]

that's how keeps ebay alive. Some buyers are dumb? checked. Some sellers are dumbed? checked.

if you went over the complete listings.. the first two days from its initial released date, you could see some sellers got seriously screwed up. They sold each UE about 100 plus free shipping.

[quote name='hanabie']that's how keeps ebay alive. Some buyers are dumb? checked. Some sellers are dumbed? checked.[/QUOTE]

"that's how" education is a lost art.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You also have to understand, some people make a shit load of money. Have money? Spend it.[/QUOTE]

that's true.. if i were them i would pay 150 plus overnight shipping. To us, it could be a lot. To them, it's just like a meal in mcdonald. You know they won't spend that time to check every store whether they have them in stock.

bread's done
Back